How will the new clothes work?

1 hour ago, Zorak said:

I hope it will be way more that just the way we look.

some bite scratch resistance, slower move / item transfer speed

winter clothes, rain clothes and many more.

A mondoid last year confirmed winter clothes with a picture of some nifty winter hats.

3 hours ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

The community has said before that they want lots of customization so I don't see them streamlining it, But if they did I would be sad.

I would be disappointed if they didn't let us combine top and bottom rather than having to find a top/bottom combo. It's just generally better to let the player come up with a combination out of things they can find rather than make the player find an "outfit".

Considering all the clothes themselves are 3D models worn by a 3D model, I don't see why mixing and matching wouldn't be supported.

It's just a question of whether new slots and drawing orders have been added for jackets .etc (and it's a good bet they have been, considering hats).

5 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Considering all the clothes themselves are 3D models worn by a 3D model, I don't see why mixing and matching wouldn't be supported.

It's just a question of whether new slots and drawing orders have been added for jackets .etc (and it's a good bet they have been, considering hats).

I really hope we're able to layer clothes.

It has been a constant nagging point during winter on my server. "I'm freezing, why can't I just put on another sweater?"

2 hours ago, CaptKaspar said:

It has been a constant nagging point during winter on my server. "I'm freezing, why can't I just put on another sweater?"

Being on fire can help keep that frostbite at bay! You'll be having the time of your life... For the 60 seconds before you lose consciousness from extreme pain and blistering.

Just going to point out once again that the underlying systems may not have changed. Many of these changes may be purely visual for now, we'll see how it goes.

If things like armor values or better temperature representation aren't in, don't say I didn't warn you.

5 hours ago, dannyisdude said:

I just hope a sleeveless vest don't make me become overheated. I mean - really??!! Having to run around the apocalypse shirtless all the time is at least a bit immersion-breaking. 

I think a lot of people forget that some moodles don't mean "YOU'RE DYING OMG" they just mean you have slight feelings or affects from certain things. That may be weather related, hunger related or even fear related but a lot of times they're just there as a warning (like long before you start to die of thirst, you get thirsty).

7 hours ago, Kuren said:

I think a lot of people forget that some moodles don't mean "YOU'RE DYING OMG" they just mean you have slight feelings or affects from certain things. That may be weather related, hunger related or even fear related but a lot of times they're just there as a warning (like long before you start to die of thirst, you get thirsty).

Even so, you want to minimise the amount of disadvantageous conditions you're in at any given time- in this case, being overheated.

And having to run around topless alot of the time is pretty annoying.

18 hours ago, Kuren said:

Yeah but your character performs actions slower when freezing or depressed. The freezing or depression themselves might not kill you right away, but that zombie chasing you might, now that you can't run away fast enough! Or your timing is off because of the slower melee swings when it comes to that.

I agree with Mr_Sunshine that you want to minimize all 'disadvantageous conditions' whenever possible.

It's like ignoring dash lights in your car. Can you get away with ignoring them? Probably. Should you ignore them? Probably not. If you do, you are now in a compromised situation driving your car. The likelihood of a successful drive just decreased. Is it worth the risk?

On 5/25/2016 at 8:43 AM, sharkstertheshark said:

I just wanted to ask if you could mix up your clothes like this

Nurse scrubs pants > Leather Jacket

Firefigher coat > Camo Fatigues Pants

Camo Fatigues Jacket > Firefighter Pants

or will it be standard sets of clothes?

I sure hope not, I would love to see all the customization be added, but who knows.

On 25/05/2016 at 0:39 AM, CaptKaspar said:

Exactly, like in Neo Scav. Especially if you can stack a few jumpers for armour.

Archived