Server Stopped Working, People Can't Connect

LawrenceH

Hey!

So here's the story. 

I tried hosting a game a few days ago through the new in game hosting system. People couldn't join. The window in the game when I started the game said the external IP was null.  The reason was, that I had these ports opened: 

16261-16272 TCP

8766 UPD

... but, I had forgotten to create a static IP for my computer after I had reinstalled windows a few months ago.

Once I created the static IP for my PC, the static route on the router that I had created previous to the reinstall, 192.168.10.10, matched the static IP on my PC. The address went from null to my actual IP, and it worked great, with low ping and all.

I had 3 other people on my server at least, on and off for the following 3 days.

Today, however, people couldn't join. I didn't turn my PC off for the night. The external IP address went back to null in the game. The error they get was something like "Failed to Connect to TCP port 16263".

In my router, my PC turned into "unknown" whereas previously it automatically knew the name of my PC etc. I have a mobile phone connected to my router, with an IP of 192.168.10.17, and my now unknown PC with the ending .10.10 .

The ports I now have opened are the following:

16261-16272 TCP/UDP

8766 TPC/UDP

8767 UDP

27015 TCP

There are two others opened that are not connected to this game.

The Service Address to them is 192.168.10.10, which is my PC's IP.

The static route is marked as 192.168.10.10, and gateway is 192.168.10.1. 

All I have changed after the problems, have been the ports, everything else is the same it was yesterday, when everything was working totally fine, better than fine.

I have restarted my PC, I have restarted my router. Nothing seems to help, no one can join, and I'm out of ideas. I can try and reset the ports, but I would like to have a complete list of ports that need opening. 

I have turned UPnP on and off, and also added the port for the steamport1 or whatnot, but that didn't help. It is strange, that only less than 10 hours ago, things had been fine for days, and then suddenly, without anything changing, it just stops working like this.

Please help, I was so happy to finally be able to host without using some VLAN service. I need this to work.

Archived