single way to make this game difficult

ModdedTibby

No, the momentum of weapons can't be carried this easily. I don't know how strong are you, but hitting 3 to 5 adult people with enough strength to push them all back is just ridiculous. I'd argue that this needs at least a nerf, but why bothering? The system has already been changed, hopefully we'll more strategy soon, instead of people just running and smashing everything

36 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

No, the momentum of weapons can't be carried this easily. I don't know how strong are you, but hitting 3 to 5 adult people with enough strength to push them all back is just ridiculous. I'd argue that this needs at least a nerf, but why bothering? The system has already been changed, hopefully we'll more strategy soon, instead of people just running and smashing everything

People tend to have high centers of gravity and are easily unbalanced. Perhaps our clumsy undead just have more issues with correction.

But let's look at the actual code, shall we?

The maximum is 3 for melee weapons. There is no "five." Even the shotgun can only hit four. The two items with 3 are bare hands and the sledgehammer.

The axe itself can only hit a maximum of 2 targets.

5 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

People tend to have high centers of gravity and are easily unbalanced. Perhaps our clumsy undead just have more issues with correction.

But let's look at the actual code, shall we?

The maximum is 3 for melee weapons. There is no "five." Even the shotgun can only hit four. The two items with 3 are bare hands and the sledgehammer.

The axe itself can only hit a maximum of 2 targets.

weird, i'm pretty sure i can abuse the knockback easily, but the code doesn't lie. well, then i guess i'm just wrong

Meleeing hordelets is always genuinely dangerous.  It's easy to convince yourself that it isn't because you can get good at it, but that feeling of safety is a fool's confidence: One goof up with placement, or misidentification of a crawler as a corpse, and you've got a nice scratch to show for it.  And you're never more than one scratch away from death in this game.  Play like Rambo and eventually you will die (well, die sooner than you otherwise would've...).  It's just statistics.  The odds are ever in the zombies' favor.

One way this is bound to happen eventually if you insist on playing aggressively: when attempting to kite a group of zombies, it's easy to miss a fast shambler coming up from behind through the slower bulk of the horde and then get caught while you're frozen in recovery from a swing.  If you make a habit of trying to smack more than one zombie at a time this is an even bigger risk.

Edited by ReverendNow

16 hours ago, Livio Persemprio said:

Totally agree with you.  To have the strength to knock back 3 what we are assuming are full grown adults is not as likely as people think it may be.

Zomboid incorporates mod support, allowing people to add personal flavor options with ease in order to appease parties that wish to tweak the game to taste. Modder (or friend of modder) requests that mod be added to the base game as a personal flavor option in order to appease parties that feel like tweaking the game to taste. Also probably recognition or something.

It's almost a perfect circle. It's beautiful. 

Dude, the mod you're trying to advertise is good and fine. It's doing its job. It's up there (not in terms of stuff like, say, appreciation or downloads) with all the other mods like silencers and samurai swords and truffle scrounging piglets that tweak the game in one direction or another to appeal to whatever crowd digs it. It's already an option box. 

For all other positions assume my own views are in lockstep with Enigma. Recognizable as the dude who wasn't claiming that bats and axes are sending zeds flying like Sauron on the field at Dagorlad. 

On 5/24/2016 at 4:51 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Heh, didn't even check the mod, just assumed they were talking about Svarog's (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498343035&searchtext=svarog).

We're reaching modder inception. Tried it on the short lived Spiffospace Proving Grounds with very noticeable newb deaths/veteran complaints, unfortunately.

Yeah because people were probably trying to take on a massive horde solo with a bat.