Custom Music

Seniordonto

Hey guys I'm new to this forum but have been playing Project Zomboid for a long time now and wanted to say it's been a very unique experience playing this game and it stands out compared to quite a lot of zombie survival games out there, so I am looking forward to future updates and what Project Zomboid brings to the table and a huge shout out to the devs especially with the little resources and staff members they have so a huge pat on the back for you guys.

I wanted to get some opinions and answers regarding custom soundtracks from the devs and the community, is it still possible to make the old destination folder for the music enabled again,  you see I used to easily just replace the old music files with my own music especially from the classic resident evil and silent hill games to help with immersion. The original soundtrack is good but I did love having the ability to add my own using audacity especially when I dont have any skills with lua or scripting, ever since the soundtracks have been moved to using bank files it disabled the ability to use the old music folder as a means to put my own custom music on. I completely understand why the sound effects and soundtracks are using the new system because of FMOD and to sell the soundtrack in the future but would it be possible to enable the old music destination folder so we can select it from the options menu and be able to put our own music on making it like a small hub for custom music? 

Thank you for your time guys : D.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2016-05-14 at 3:58 PM, Peetfighter said:

I really would like to know this too, as it has been asked before.

Indeed, been asking in a post since half a year or more, it had never been answered.

What we know is that they keep the .banks file to sale the music which is great.

They don't want people to steal the music.

But we want to put our own music, nuance.

The answer should be Yes! :)

1 hour ago, D4rkh0bb1T said:

Indeed, been asking in a post since half a year or more, it had never been answered.

What we know is that they keep the .banks file to sale the music which is great.

They don't want people to steal the music.

But we want to put our own music, nuance.

The answer should be Yes! :)

yeah I agree too, probably might be easier to mod in the future when everything else is out but if the original file location could be readable again would make it easier to put custom tracks in it again, but the old early access music is a bank file too which reads from there rather than the old destination. I do hope one of the devs do reply cause I know they are aware of this but probably hasn't got as much attention or the devs are extremely busy with the upcoming features. 

Archived