Initial Infection should be removed

jamesorbe0

But new player always pick initial infection i myself too before and then me and some streamers after an hour says "ohh hunger is more treat than zombies it is boring , you just go outside loot then go back to your play then loot again and eat again"

This is only my opinion  dont hate me :D

Just now, King Kitteh said:

I really don't get this... If it's too easy they can just move onto survival (or a sandbox).

You're literally complaining that you have too much choice.

Your right but some players stop playing after a while...

But i think we need something like this for example

initial infection (easy)

first week (normal)

survival (hard)

6 months later (hardcore)

So that they can easily know what mode they want to pick

I've never actually tried Initial Infection or First Week... Well Sandbox and Survival are the only two I have played.

I've always found PZ goes from one extreme to the other in Survival mode; when it's easy it's too easy and when it's hard it's very hard, but that's what makes it a "realistic" experience. To play the "easy" mode kind of defeats the purpose for me but I think the choice should definitely be there for those who prefer that sort of gameplay. Removing it for being too easy is like removing survival for it being too hardcore, they're there for those who want to play it and removing either would hurt those that do enjoy them needlessly.

9 minutes ago, hyperchondriac said:

Initial Infection is only intended to be played briefly, I would assume.

I believe that there is such a thing as Too Many Options, but in this case it's a welcome first step between installation and near-certain death in 90 minutes, AKA Survival mode.

I think it's more for those who enjoy the crafting side of things with zombies just being JRPG Slimes rather than an overwhelming antagonistic force.

I can't see too many options in a game being a problem, more options means an expanded player base, unless it gets convoluted or implemented poorly and so far thing's aren't. Everything is explained at the gamemode select. Like Enigma said, people throwing themselves into Initial Infection probably did so without understanding what it truly was and if they decided to drop the game after that then it's really too bad for them since everything was pretty much laid out for them to take a better option.

12 hours ago, winterpyre said:

descriptions exists for a reason........ moreover the idea that an optional mode should be removed because you don't care for the mode is rather arrogant and absurd.

yes it is i know  but you can read the conversation above to know my reason on why did i post it and i just want to know their opinion about something else

From what I've seen on the steam forums is that some players start with the easy mode, get good enough to where it's too easy but have then also become attached to their character. It would be interesting (not sure if it's entirely possible) if the difficulty could be turned up for some of the lower difficulties (with the press of a button when the game isn't loaded or something), until you finally reach "Survival Mode" and can play your starting character with the harder settings (maybe having some new spiffo tips that tell you what's new and changed each time). Anyway, just an idea on how to solve the issue of those players getting bored but like I said, I have no idea if it could really be done or not.

3 hours ago, Kuren said:

From what I've seen on the steam forums is that some players start with the easy mode, get good enough to where it's too easy but have then also become attached to their character. It would be interesting (not sure if it's entirely possible) if the difficulty could be turned up for some of the lower difficulties (with the press of a button when the game isn't loaded or something), until you finally reach "Survival Mode" and can play your starting character with the harder settings (maybe having some new spiffo tips that tell you what's new and changed each time). Anyway, just an idea on how to solve the issue of those players getting bored but like I said, I have no idea if it could really be done or not.

Yes thats nice

3 hours ago, Kuren said:

The problem I see is about the starting conditions, be it for zombie population, starting loot, loot abundance... it would be far easier to start in First Week, kill all the zombies in the neighbourhood, pile up supplies and then switch to Survival and think you're doing okay in that difficulty. You wouldn't get a proper Survival experience with such a mid-game difficulty switch. Just a personal feeling though.

4 hours ago, Teesee said:

The problem I see is about the starting conditions, be it for zombie population, starting loot, loot abundance... it would be far easier to start in First Week, kill all the zombies in the neighbourhood, pile up supplies and then switch to Survival and think you're doing okay in that difficulty. You wouldn't get a proper Survival experience with such a mid-game difficulty switch. Just a personal feeling though.

I get what you mean but I really don't think it's an issue in a single player game, where the player chose to start off with easier settings anyway.  They didn't ask to start with the true "Survival" experience but might like it for their more established starting character once they get the feel for things.

I don't know about this. My gf doesn't play at all because she's afraid of the zombies, but she LOVES everything else. I think if I re-introduced this mode to her she may play again. I guess I never noticed because I only play sandbox/survival as well.