Smelly zombies

Unghin

I didn't find topics with users ideas, so I considered to write it here.

What you are thinking that zombies must be stinky?

It may became new realistic feature in game. Survivor can get debuff like "pong" if contacting with zombies (fight/ walk or stand near zombies). If you continue contact - with time that debuff increasing and can became a couse of queasiness or headpain (or something else).  Corpses can make such effect that stimulate survivor take away corpses.

Sorry for mistakes and if so topic already exist i apologize and ask anyone get me link.

If I was surrounded by zombies, even just corpses. I think the smell would be the least of my problems. I'd probably be freaking out from the sight.

You should feel sick after being near zombie corpses too long. Plants already become "sickly" if they are covered in zombie blood, so makes sense.

Also I agree, being near rotting flesh for too long should make you queasy.

I would have to guess that the zombies themselves would probably smell really weird but not super bad in the sense of a bunch of walking corpses. I'd base that on the fact that they're not basically bags of seeping liquid trying to slither uncooperative bones across the pavement after a few days of decomposing under the merciless Kentucky sun.

Since the zeds are firm enough to knock on your door (and knock and knock and knock) forever and a day after the initial infection whatever knocked them dead is probably making their flesh unappealing to the bacteria of the world. 

Miscellaneous fluids, mildewing/soiled clothing (you can let one loose if a Zombie is chewing on you, there's no shame) and the rot of any dead flesh they have swishing around in their guts probably isn't much of a bouquet to be sure. But, yeah, if you hosed them down/out they would probably be pretty odorless. Probably an improvement on some of the people you can expect to run into on a New York subway.

17 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

This is completely planned in the moodle revamp whenever that will get a chance to start.

Thank you for information!

And now i found suggestion section and can talk about new ideas there 8-)

You become smell-blind to aromas when you're always around it.  Yes, people even become smell-blind to human feces when working at sewage plants and things like that.  Same thing can be said about decomposing human corpses.  So in other words, if you're always around the smell, you'll eventually get used to it. 

On 2016/04/30 at 9:34 AM, lemmy101 said:

This is completely planned in the moodle revamp whenever that will get a chance to start.

Oh... Here I was thinking you were waiting for the 4D Oculous Rift expansion for that lovely ripe corpse odor to really bring home the immersion factor. XD

Archived