Easy PZ IWBUMS

nasKo

bestbaseopt0-712x462.jpg

Greetings survivors. It’s been an exciting week watching testers ease into General Arcade’s fantastic ‘Easy PZ’ co-op set-up, and we’re now pleased to announced that the OnlineTest build into the main IWBUMS Public Test Build. There are still kinks to be ironed out, but overall we’re really pleased that such a complex bit of work appears to be operating well on the many and varied internet connections of our users.

If you want to engage with IWBUMS public testing procedures then visit this post. The full IWBUMS release notes and feedback thread, meanwhile, can be found here.

Even better, the GA guys are game for doing some more work on our MP contingent while we crack on with the main game features. A preliminary poke around VOIP integration is next on the list, but we won’t talk of it again until it’s close – as this will again be long and difficult job for our Russian code buddies.

Elsewhere TurboTuTone has released his direct-to-game radio and TV localization software, and the full modding tool known as WordZed will be released in coming days. We’d like to ask all our community translators to have a look, have a play around and come back to us with comments and questions.

Once Turbo has finished with WordZed he’ll then be returning to main-game activities, making our somewhat digital radio system feel more ‘analogue’ so secret transmissions (whether scripted or player-made) can be discovered more easily, improving the impact particular shows or transmissions have on character boredom, letting the player learn recipes from recorded VCR tapes and all that kinda fun stuff.

We also had a really productive Metalwork meeting last week with RJ (who is ill today, with ailments you don’t want to hear about at all) and hammered out improvements and changes that are again more in-line with community feedback.

Multiple versions of makeshift forges, wall and barrier recipes that involve building frames to build-upon (and crossover with the carpentry skill), tools that aren’t up to the same standards as looted equipment and more were on the menu. We’ll go into more detail with that when it’s in and working in-game, as it’s a subject that’s had a lot of debate and we want to get it right.

Finally, it’s been a while since we did a main build release – players outside of our test builds haven’t been experienced the 2x visuals yet. Now co-op is in we’ll be directing attention towards getting Build 34 out of the door. That said, with Nutrition requiring polish and Metalwork still in progress it’s likely one will be left behind and kept for 35. We’ll have a chat with RJ once he’s off his sick-bed and work out what’s best.

That’s about it for today, fingers crossed we’ll have some anim fun for you to have a look at next Mondoid. Laters!

This week’s featured image by the amazing base of Opt_0 over on Steam. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right here! Okay thanks bye! Oh, and community GoT spoiler chat goes… here!

6 hours ago, nasKo said:

We also had a really productive Metalwork meeting last week with RJ and hammered out improvements and changes that are again more in-line with community feedback.

Multiple versions of makeshift forges, wall and barrier recipes that involve building frames to build-upon (and crossover with the carpentry skill), tools that aren’t up to the same standards as looted equipment and more were on the menu. We’ll go into more detail with that when it’s in and working in-game, as it’s a subject that’s had a lot of debate and we want to get it right.

This made my day. Thank you guys for listening to suggestions!

The new server hosting/settings management interface is fantastic! This has made things so much easier for me! Thank You! Being able to create a new server, edit settings, etc all in one place within the game interface is a HUGE step up from what we were doing before. Not to mention not needing to mess around with Port Forwarding anymore :). This was a much needed feature for user-friendliness and I am very happy to see that it has landed!

My only issue has been if I want to join my server with a certain character (I have two or three characters with different builds). If I launch the server through the 'Host' button. I do not get a chance to choose which character to play as. For this reason I still launch the server by using the .bat file and then I select 'Join' and choose my character from there.

The 'Host' button has been extremely helpful in adjusting server settings though! Also appears to finally be a direct and simple way of creating a new server with different settings in case I want to play with a different group of people.

I am also a big fan on sleep being added to MP. We play Co-Op PVE, so this is a welcome addition to us!

A few questions about the sleeping:

• It seems like hunger changes are very very slow when the game is sped up while sleeping. Is this intentional? Sort of like hibernating where you don't need a lot of food? Or is it that the hunger is not being adjusted for the game speeding up? Didn't know if this was intended or if it was a bug.
  • Does sleep in MP increase healing speeds like in SP?

Hope you are feeling better RJ!!!

Edited by CaptKaspar