Log wall buff mod?

Hey, is there a mod that buffs log walls so that they aren't worse than normal wooden walls at high carpentry levels? Or could someone make it for me? I think that it's unbalanced for the log wall, which is made of 4 logs (12 planks = 4 normal walls) to be less resilient than the normal walls. Maybe an overall health boost too? I've read somewhere that the walls have equal health at carpentry 4 and then past that the normal walls are tougher... correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you :)

• 1 month later...

The only way I would see it to be logical to have more health. Is an all new model together.

1 that requires a shovel(to make a hole and bury after), hammer/axe/sledehammer/ (for time duration of pounding the 4 spiked log it in the ground) and should require 3 more log that would enhance the simple 4 log wall to a 7 supported wall log.  And 4 nail-screw for the Support holder

7xlogedwall.jpg

Also toughness should come from witch material you use to tie the log together, clothing,Hemp rope, Fishing wire ,iron wire.

Could also add weight at the bottom of the wall such has rocks that you can find while searching =o

P.S. I know the image is not really beautiful but its self explanatory. And I could do the graphic if the need arise XP. But I'm not really good with the coding part sorry...

I cant code, but its really easy to change values in the files.

Search for the file "ISWoodenWall.lua". There you can change the health yourself.

You will find these lines:

-- the wooden wall have 200 base health + 100 per carpentry lvl                 ---(this is for plank wall)

and

-- return the health of the new wall, it's 200 + 100 per carpentry lvl
function ISWoodenWall:getHealth()
    if self.sprite == "carpentry_02_80" then -- log walls are stronger
        return 400 + buildUtil.getWoodHealth(self);                                            ---(i would play around with these values)
    else
        return 200 + buildUtil.getWoodHealth(self);
    end

So make a backup of the file, change the values, build a logwall, and take it down with an axe, while counting the hits it take.

Compare the hitcount to the unmodified file.

I could be wrong so a backup is advisable.

I think it was suggested before a few times. I did similar topic about log walls here: 

The problem is now that making log walls is very easy and not realistic so it's kinda normal from balance point of view that they are not very resilient.

If they make log walls much harder to build then they should have more hp.

Well what I would want with it is more of a stage building with add on.  

1.Building 4 log wall

2.Adding log support

3.Adding  rock and concrete support

4.Modifying in place log wall by changing what's holding it.

2-3 in any order.

Witch might require the new way to construct things. Since it should only had more HP on 1 side not both lol.

But graphics are graphics so I'm gonna start on that.  Unless its better I wait for the next release.

Has for the ''realistic'' part. Meh i feel like there's a lot of thing to had before wanting to implement all the tool require for construction period. Because....

It should take an hour or 2 or3 ... without any power tool for it to be strong enough.

Measuring tool that have the right ledge I know you can take rope, tree branch an about anything with a length, But you're character does not know that.  Leveling tool to make it look straight. 

Sharpening the edge of the log with an Axe to make it easier to enter the hole you just made praying that there is not any rock blocking its path under      

= =;;;;;;;;;;;

Ladder to be high enough to hammer it down in the ground(sledgehammer).

Arranging the ripped cloth to make the higher point sturdier or something. Its just cloths it could just rip in shred instead of working and needing more in the process.

If you'd use rope you'd need a sturdy knife to cut it Swinging an axe above you're head to cut the rope is not good and require time... A saw would simply jam unless its a hand saw(smaller tooth). Plier if its iron or barbed wire. Anything that is not tighly fit could make it all go down way more easily with bad luck.

Also if there would be a way to climb over somewhere sometime in the game. You would also need to sharpen the edge that is out to make sure that anything stupid  that try to cross it would just impale itself on.

And with any of those step there is a chance of cutting or crushing you're self even more without the require tool. Slightly or big 1.

Consuming stamina a lot, Burning up you're food you ingested,  taking down a notch you're water level and affecting you're tiredness meter!

Almost forgot! It makes a lot of noise to make let's ring any zombie in a 100 meter radius 300 foot I think O o.

I don't thing I would like it though... that's game time consuming in game for 4 logs wall and you'd need around 50 to 100 of them to make a descent space in you're shack.

Now now come and think about the wood... The bigger the sturdier it is right and there is no tree the same size shape height has the one next to it. if its to dry Its barely workable. If its rotten it can barely hold itself together... Wood rots with rain and time. Need roof. Need treated wood. That's oil for ya. Cauldron perhaps. It sure won't be that fancy industrial stuff ^^;

It could go on and on...

Edited by Dahtroll