More Erosion

dannyisdude

The best way I've found to jump straight into a more eroded world is to go into sandbox mode, change the erosion setting to the fastest time (20 days?) and then set the game to take place 20-something days after the apocalypse and you should be surrounded by it. 

6 hours ago, Sticklet said:

The best way I've found to jump straight into a more eroded world is to go into sandbox mode, change the erosion setting to the fastest time (20 days?) and then set the game to take place 20-something days after the apocalypse and you should be surrounded by it. 

I know this, however there is still an erosion cap, also I want to be able to essentially watch a timelapse of the world becoming a massive forest.

• 1 month later...

Is there an erosion cap in the game? Never actually tried it out.. 

I remember that before it was integrated into the game, the mod version had erosion take place like crazy, with clusters of grass across roads and such (though the texture lacked variation- compared to how awesome it is now.)

23 hours ago, Mr_Sunshine said:

Is there an erosion cap in the game? Never actually tried it out.. 

I remember that before it was integrated into the game, the mod version had erosion take place like crazy, with clusters of grass across roads and such (though the texture lacked variation- compared to how awesome it is now.)

Yeah, if you look at the erosion files or turn on erosion debug, you can see the cap.