IWBUMS: Build 34.12

EasyPickins

Backing up save is as always recommended.

IWBUMS 34.11 released:

• Nutrition system - Food now has a more realistic nutritional content, and characters change over time based upon the quality of the food they eat. 
    • Every items has now nutrition values such as fat, proteins, carbohydrates and calories.
    • You gain lose/gain weight depending on your calories intakes, other nutritions values can affect your strength, your xp gain, your endurance, etc...
    • Nutrition values are displayed on packaged items, a nutritionist trait has been added, he can see every nutrition values (free for fitness instructor)
  • New C++ lighting system.  Runs a lot faster and doesn't get interrupted when the map scrolls.
  • Freezers! Some fridge now have freezer, but foods in them to freeze it and it'll stay fresh much longer!
  • Fixed trait tooltips not showing.
  • Fixed an old multithreading bug with map loading that resulted in RecalcProperties exception.
  • Fixed thunder sound volume (now tied to main game volume).
  • Fixed Sandbox option screen being displayed when starting a new character from an existing world.
  • Shift-E will open/close a door instead of any sheet hanging on it if the player moved recently.
  • Thumpables (like crates) placed next to windows are no longer solid.
  • Fixed handling of +connect arguments added by Steam.
  • Sheets are added on whatever side of the window the player is on.

2 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

Backing up save is as always recommended.

IWBUMS 34.11 released:

• Nutrition system - Food now has a more realistic nutritional content, and characters change over time based upon the quality of the food they eat. 
  • New C++ lighting system.  Runs a lot faster and doesn't get interrupted when the map scrolls.
  • Freezers!
  • Fixed trait tooltips not showing.
  • Fixed an old multithreading bug with map loading that resulted in RecalcProperties exception.
  • Fixed thunder sound volume (now tied to main game volume).
  • Fixed Sandbox option screen being displayed when starting a new character from an existing world.
  • Shift-E will open/close a door instead of any sheet hanging on it if the player moved recently.
  • Thumpables (like crates) placed next to windows are no longer solid.
  • Fixed handling of +connect arguments added by Steam.
  • Sheets are added on whatever side of the window the player is on.

so now i can place sheet  from outside? nice :) what about barricades? maybe add barricades that can be placed from the inside too? to add 4 extra barricade and make it even stronger so 4 outside 4 inside :P

47 minutes ago, Decay said:

Also another bug: I see question mark tiles sometimes

b1f16e3649c082e488f7e6bee0d03776.png

I'm fixing these.  It's due to plants being placed on non-natural floors.  The erosion system doesn't replace those plants with seasonal ones.

If you see any trees with ??? under them, that is due to having a plant and tree on the same square.  I'm fixing those as well.

15 minutes ago, 956Texas said:

will the buildings and mapping still work from the old tilezed?

Buildings and maps will work, however since some tiles were moved around they will need to be fixed in community maps.

TileZed has "Check Buildings" and "Check Maps" commands that help find most of these.

So you may have just killed the hydrocraft mod with this drastic switch in art style with no notice. Hydromancerx was already dreading updating all the food items for the nutrition system, when he finds out that all of his mods art is now going to stick out like a sore thumb I wouldn't blame him if he called it quits. I know you wanted this to be a big surprise, but you had tons of modders working on art that no longer fits the art style of the game.

Just now, zomboid123 said:

So you may have just killed the hydrocraft mod with this drastic switch in art style with no notice. Hydromancerx was already dreading updating all the food items for the nutrition system, when he finds out that all of his mods art is now going to stick out like a sore thumb I wouldn't blame him if he called it quits. I know you wanted this to be a big surprise, but you had tons of modders working on art that no longer fits the art style of the game.

I would agree and everything but the art style is so good now, It really sucks about hydrocraft I loved the hell out of that mod. Let's hope hydromancerx doesn't quit.

8 minutes ago, zomboid123 said:

We must do what's best for the game, which is not always what's best for modders. We do sympathise with the extra workload, but this is not a hugely drastic switch in art style. The style is generarally staying the same. The change is in resolution. Please don't berate the devs for doing what they think is best with a game which is in continuing development. It's called an alpha for a reason.