PZ Vanilla Patch v1.4.7

ShuiYin

1 minute ago, ShuiYin said:

I am actually waiting for the next stable build. Hoping the dev will add the option on corpse decay. They did mention that zombie sandbox option will be changed and i hope they will add this along with the change. 

Oh I see thanks.

1 hour ago, ShuiYin said:

2. I will also add an option to put the ash in your inventory ( gunna use this later for when im going to make NPK fertilizer, did some research and those ashes are good for soil since the virus is burned i assume is safe for use, its also good for making cleaning substance but i guess we got enough of that in game so ill ignore it for now)

Any news about this?

1 hour ago, ditoseadio said:

Any news about this?

Sadly im also putting this on hold until im making the renewable npk fertilizer. After this i think i have the methods to do all that i need to do the hygene stuff. So i wont be facing any new stuff, until i make the compost bin then ill have to face unknown territory again. I hope.. Lol :P 

Meanwhile ill also rework the dialogs so that they can alsp be translated too and also the mod settings too. Just a bit slow on this.

Edited by ShuiYin

-debugtraslation shows this:

Master_Blunt_Guard = "Master Blunt Guard",
    Advanced_Nimbleness = "Advanced Nimbleness",
    Nimbleness_for_Beginners = "Nimbleness for Beginners",
    Expert_Nimbleness = "Expert Nimbleness",

I think you missed the "DisplayName_" 

Draw Random Card = "Draw Random Card",
    Make House of Cards = "Make House of Cards",
    Play Solitaire = "Play Solitaire",

Missed "Recipe_"

Edited by Geras

5 hours ago, Geras said:

-debugtraslation shows this:

Master_Blunt_Guard = "Master Blunt Guard",
    Advanced_Nimbleness = "Advanced Nimbleness",
    Nimbleness_for_Beginners = "Nimbleness for Beginners",
    Expert_Nimbleness = "Expert Nimbleness",

I think you missed the "DisplayName_" 

Draw Random Card = "Draw Random Card",
    Make House of Cards = "Make House of Cards",
    Play Solitaire = "Play Solitaire",

Missed "Recipe_"

Hi Geras, how do i see the debugtraslation? in my EN folder i checked the above items all have the DisplayName_ and Recipe_

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------    
-- PZ Vanilla Patch     : English
-- Translated by        : ShuiYin
-- Version                 : 1.4.3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------    

Recipe_EN = {
    -- Cooking Recipes --
    Recipe_Make_Hot_Coffee = "Make Hot Coffee",
    Recipe_Add_Sugar_to_Coffee = "Add Sugar to Coffee",
    Recipe_Make_Hot_Tea = "Make Hot Tea",
    Recipe_Add_Sugar_to_Tea = "Add Sugar to Tea",
    Recipe_Make_Cereal = "Make Cereal",
    Recipe_Prepare_to_Boil_Egg = "Prepare to Boil Egg",
    Recipe_Prepare_to_Fry_Egg = "Prepare to Fry Egg",

-- Toys Recipes --
    Recipe_Draw_Random_Card = "Draw Random Card",
    Recipe_Make_House_of_Cards = "Make House of Cards",
    Recipe_Play_Solitaire = "Play Solitaire",
    Recipe_Shuffle = "Shuffle",
    Recipe_Play = "Play",
    Recipe_Hug = "Hug",
    Recipe_Fix = "Fix",
    Recipe_Reset = "Reset",
    Recipe_Squeeze = "Squeeze",

-- Light Source Recipes --
    Recipe_Make_Torch = "Make Torch",
    Recipe_Light_Torch = "Light Torch",
    Recipe_Make_Standing_Candle = "Make Standing Candle",

-- Camping Recipes --
    Recipe_Make_Wooden_Stake = "Make Wooden Stake",

-- Hygene Recipes --
    Recipe_Wring_Bath_Towel = "Wring Bath Towel",
    Recipe_Wring_Dish_Towel = "Wring Dish Towel",
}

1. Go into your ProjectZomboid folder in your Steam directory.
  2. Locate either ProjectZomboid32.bat or ProjectZomboid64.bat depending on your system (32-bits or 64-bits).
  3. Copy it into the same folder and rename it (mine is called "translation debugger").
  4. Open this new file with a text edit (Notepad++ or alike).
  5. At the end of line 4 (starting with ".\jre64\bin\java.exe" or ".\jre\bin\java.exe"), add -debugtranslation
  6. Save and close.
  7. Use this file to start the game. Exit game.
  8. Go to user/zomboid folder. Open translationProblems.txt.

Attached is my translationProblems.txt with what the game shows when I load your mod and launch translation debugger.

translationProblems.txt

29 minutes ago, Geras said:
  1. Go into your ProjectZomboid folder in your Steam directory.
  2. Locate either ProjectZomboid32.bat or ProjectZomboid64.bat depending on your system (32-bits or 64-bits).
  3. Copy it into the same folder and rename it (mine is called "translation debugger").
  4. Open this new file with a text edit (Notepad++ or alike).
  5. At the end of line 4 (starting with ".\jre64\bin\java.exe" or ".\jre\bin\java.exe"), add -debugtranslation
  6. Save and close.
  7. Use this file to start the game. Exit game.
  8. Go to user/zomboid folder. Open translationProblems.txt.

Attached is my translationProblems.txt with what the game shows when I load your mod and launch translation debugger.

translationProblems.txt

I see i gotta try this :) thanks for the tip btw what language did you use and i assume you are using the latest steam update? or do you manually download from PZ Mods.

Looking at the txt files it looks like its the PL files. i am also new to this translation thing so i dunno but i looked at the PL file format its a bit different than my EN ones (i cloned the vanilla EN file format and added my own stuff) when i look at the PL file all is complete with Recipe_ and DisplayName_ , can you try and copy the EN file format and see if the error is still happening?

Edit: i tried the above method and i opened the translationProblem.txt but its blank

Edited by ShuiYin

It's blank in your case because you probably have the game set to English, thus, translation debugger detects no missing translations because nothing is missing. I just don't know why in my file the 'displayname_' and 'recipe_' are missing. Also there are spaces instead of _

About file format: it's only because it's the translationProblem.txt - it puts everything that is missing in my translation into one file. I then copy all displayname_ items into my Items_PL file, all recipe_ into my Recipe_PL and so on and translate. I don't put everything into one file.

EDIT: Maybe Devs have changed it and now it displays like that. I don't know. I posted here because it happened to me with your mod :)

Edited by Geras

8 hours ago, Geras said:

It's blank in your case because you probably have the game set to English, thus, translation debugger detects no missing translations because nothing is missing. I just don't know why in my file the 'displayname_' and 'recipe_' are missing. Also there are spaces instead of _

About file format: it's only because it's the translationProblem.txt - it puts everything that is missing in my translation into one file. I then copy all displayname_ items into my Items_PL file, all recipe_ into my Recipe_PL and so on and translate. I don't put everything into one file.

EDIT: Maybe Devs have changed it and now it displays like that. I don't know. I posted here because it happened to me with your mod :)

Ooo ok i will try using the Polish language settings and see what happens. If its still error on my side than ill put it into a insert table format like my EN files and see if this will fix it

Hi i tested the Polish translation and found similar error to yours. I added the format from my Lua-Shared-Translation-EN folder and retested the translation and there is no error recorded. I think we have a misscommunication :P i thought that when you gave me the translation it was to be directly put into the PL folder but what you gave me was only a translation and not the actual translation files. Btw to make things easier i have made the EN folder(English translation) as the standard format, what i mean is that i will always add new translation components here so that you do not search the whole mod to find out what is added. This way all modders will just need to copy the contents of the EN folder and change the translation values and file names from EN to PL or any other language.

I hope this will solve future translation problem or missunderstanding as i do not have the means to check the translation files itself.

Edited by ShuiYin

I can't seem to manage to translate the ContextMenu strings. I've even copied the contents of your English ContextMenu_EN into my ContextMenu_PL, changed the 'ContextMenu_EN =' into 'ContextMenu_PL =' and translated the strings but even so, it's still in English in-game.

12 hours ago, Geras said:

I can't seem to manage to translate the ContextMenu strings. I've even copied the contents of your English ContextMenu_EN into my ContextMenu_PL, changed the 'ContextMenu_EN =' into 'ContextMenu_PL =' and translated the strings but even so, it's still in English in-game.

I will try and test the context menu thing today. Btw can i have the context menu PL file too. Thanks Geras:)

7 hours ago, ZombiesLoveBrainiacs said:

Does this mod make any changes to the crowbar? If not, that would be a great addition imo.

This is one of those things that always feel wierd about vanilla PZ - the crowbar that can't be used like a crowbar and doesn't look like a crowbar, either. Sigh...

You mean crowbars cant be used to force open doors? This mod try to not alter any graphic especially animated graphic so no change to how the crowbar looks. But crowbar functionality is a good idea and will probably be added in the future. 

18 hours ago, Geras said:

There you go.

ContextMenu.txt

Hello i have looked at the file and it looks ok, only the file name i think you have to put _PL on the end. I havent tried it yet but i think that should fix it. So file name should be "ContextMenu_PL.txt"

Edited by ShuiYin

12 minutes ago, Geras said:

*facepalm*

I was looking so hard inside the file I failed to look outside. 

Well glad that we got it figured out :). Currently doing the brush teeth but its funny that when i right click the sink it do not register the sink but instead it display the counter underneath :( gonna try a different approach Lol.

-- 18 April 2016 PZ Vanilla Patch Build 1.4.6 is now live!
1. Updated necro forge plugin file to include missed items like torches etc also changed the formating a bit to make future update easier
2. Updated Spanish translation from Ditoseadio.
3. Added Mod Settings translation in EN folder
4. Some action Dialog are now able to be translated not all yet tho
5. Added a menu on item to inspect how many uses it has left (Soap, Shampoo, and Tooth Paste and any usable item in the future that do not use the user delta) just right click on the item and click Inspect "ItemName".
6. Added Brushing teeth using sinks.
7. Added Brushing teeth using a mug of water.

Will work on combing hair as the final male grooming update item next also will touch on girly make up stuff next. Probably also add my request to be able to stop water dripping at night by tightening the faucet.

Edited by ShuiYin

Hello all, this week ill just update a few translations, also because the turning off ambient is not as easy as i thought and did not work out as expected and keep producing errors, ill post it later today. i was also doing some 10k run  (i never did sport before (only finger sport with a keyboad) so i end up using the 3 days doing extensive running exercises to prepare) and finally last sunday i managed to finish the race at 1.39 minutes traveling 10km. So coding been slow this week because of the running event.

IMG-20160424-WA0006.jpg

im glad i made it and did not pass out on the way Lol my friends seems to think its very hard to do for a person that did 0 type of sports Lol.

Edited by ShuiYin

My leg now feels stiff :P also pain from the sudden increase in excercise activity :P

1 hour ago, Queen Glory said:

I did a .3 mile run to my house and back to get my school I.D so I wouldn't have to wear a temp one, i was dying by the time i got back ;_; wishes i had any hobbies/skills

other than that Congratulations!

5 hours ago, blindcoder said:

Wow, congratulations from me, too!

8 hours ago, Geras said:

Congratulations!

That's pretty cool.

Thx it was a good experience i know now that sport isnt really in my blood :P

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this, youre doing an awesome job getting things updated (and it sounds like youre not going easy on yourself with the additions youve got road mapped)

Oh, you still manage to run a1.3k in your spare time, i doubt ive even moved that sort of distance in the 6 months 

I like the dedication youre showing in sticking so close to vanila although I hope youre not going to has your hard work  be made redundant when they eventually address everything for releae.

One thing Im certainly very wary of is the implementation of vehicles into pz.  I hope youre not totally against veering off on your own path if the official version starts going places you feel disrupt the Vanilla feel.

So yeah ... Thats it, keep up the good work ( if and when you can) Id offer some help but om pretty new to pz and all this far beyond me.