PZ Vanilla Patch v1.4.7

ShuiYin

On 4/3/2016 at 4:17 PM, zomboid123 said:

This mod is turning out to be pretty great. Keep up the good work.

Do you think you could integrate this mod to enable powering gas stations? IMO there is enough risk in A. moving a generator all the way to a gas station and B. running the generator and the noise drawing in zombies while you get fuel. Not to mention fuel actually DOES run out at gas stations.

Thx Zomboid123. I will probably add those functionality along the line since its very logical. However i have not mastered gridsquare items iteration yet and will focus on the fun update for now and have the hygene update next. I havent planned anything beyond that one so it might just be coming after hygene. But that all depends if my modding has enough know how to make that happen or not. Happy Zomboiding 

update:

progress: The simple plushies that i thought were going to be easy to make was actually quite hard for me . i hit a dead end about 4 times before i actually get it to work, and also i took a break at fridays to freshen up and back to doing coding on saturday every week so that also took a bit of progress time but all for the best :). so plushies are complete and now working on simple toys.

Will try and do a partial release today (v1.4.1) with all the already completed stuff. (Going to make a release every sundays kinda like a little Mondoid but on sundays (Sundoid) so that people that do subscribe at this mod will have another mini thing to look forward too every week.

Edited by ShuiYin

-- 07 Mar 2016 PZ Vanilla Patch Build 1.3.1 (Partial Fun Update) is here
1. Since the item properties change was made optional i have also to change all the available items in my txt scripts and also made them changed again in lua files. basically what i mean is that all my new items are set like a vanilla item first then using lua its modified to have the new weight so that when the option is turned off it will revert to a vanilla weight. So like when you read a comic book it will return a used comic book that has the same vanilla weight instead of the weight that this mod aim to produce so a book weighing 0.3 (original weight) when used do not suddenly turn to a 0.2 (new weight) used book :P.
2. Done 11 vanilla looking books and already assigned to skill books.
3. Added the 4 last missing skill books for sprinting, sneaking, light foot and nimble and its distribution.
4. Added option to turn off display icon modification.
5. Added option to turn off sleep at anytime function.
6. Added magazines to the book store.
7. Added aerosol bomb, pipe bomb and flame bomb to engineering magazine 2 (The bomb magazine :p)
8. Added improvised weapon: Wooden Stake that is like a wooden spear only this one is smaller and functions like a knife (can 1 hit kill a zombie) but with durability set to match the wooden spear (3x use before breaking) and with lower damage and weight, you get 2 Wooden Stakes per tree branch instead of just 1 wooden spear.
9. Added the plushies (or huggable toys :P these list includes Spiffo, Doll, and Toy Bear) what you can do with them now is hug them. After hugging them you will feel less unhappy and less stressful. The action will be described in game and the character will give a short comment after that. You however will not be able to play this toy again for at least 12 hours. The game will also give you information about the player rejecting you order to hug the item along with a short comment from the player after that.
10. Added simple toys (Cat Toy and Toy Car ) with similar mechanism like plushies but produces sound with very small sound radius.
11. Optimised code for faster runtime (hopefully :p)

Completed for next build 1.4:

1. Sound toys are added (rubber ducky) you can press this many times but eventually you will get bored. Beware tho this makes quite a noise and attract unwanted visitors.

2. Compound toys (brick toy) a toy that you can have more fun with more bricks but you have to play them on the ground so dont forget to clean up afterwards.

3. Brain Toy (Cube) A toy that you can get better at playing. When you play this and solves it you get a good amount of boredom and happiness boost but if you fail you can try again but will get a minor penalty at hapinness and boredom.

4. Added special toy (Deck of cards) that can be used to play solitaire, make house of cards, draw random card from a deck. Before playing solitaire dont forget to shuffle the card first. You will get better at solitaire the more you play it.
5. Added repairable toy (Yoyo) play functionality that can be played multiple times but have a small chance of getting broken. Playing it produce a bit of noise so use with moderation. To fix the yoyo you need glue or wood glue and string.

I got a coffee spill on me laptop and this cause setback to development time. Also i discovered a bug on my toy thing while doing tests with my bricktoys since i use multiple i got the use 1 and use all context menu. When i press use all the toys will be used in a loop and since the old recipe produces the same toy it keeps going and going :( tho my mod toys will return bored responses and will not give any benefit. I think many mods have this similar error on recipes that returns the item used but just not aware of this.

working on:

Playing with pool tables (ugh this will take a while im in new coding territory)

Edited by ShuiYin

14 Mar 2016 - PZ Vanilla Patch Build 1.3.2 (Partial Fun Update) is here

1. Sound toys are added (rubber ducky) you can press this many times but eventually you will get bored. Beware tho this makes quite a noise and attract unwanted visitors.

2. Compound toys (brick toy) a toy that you can have more fun with more bricks but you have to play them on the ground so dont forget to clean up afterwards.

3. Brain Toy (Cube) A toy that you can get better at playing. When you play this and solves it you get a good amount of boredom and happiness boost but if you fail you can try again but will get a minor penalty at hapinness and boredom.

4. Added special toy (Deck of cards) that can be used to play solitaire, make house of cards, draw random card from a deck. Before playing solitaire dont forget to shuffle the card first. You will get better at solitaire the more you play it.
5. Added repairable toy (Yoyo) play functionality that can be played multiple times but have a small chance of getting broken. Playing it produce a bit of noise so use with moderation. To fix the yoyo you need glue or wood glue and string. You also get better the more you play this.

6. Dice turns out to be not distributed yet so no function for this yet.

Pool table is already figured out but current mod state is not what i had in mind so this have to wait for the next build. There are some more fun stuff getting added too like: Jukebox will be usable, Park stuff like park swings, merry go round and slides can be used for recreation. hopefully in the next update all can be finished and so i can move on to hygene update.

I had actually also done the all you can sit feature where you can rest at anytime whenever you click a seat of any type (i remember CaptKaspar ask for this) the ingame file has a seat action already in i just hooked onto this but the animation is glitchy for now so i will have to probably redo it ( without the seating animation) until the proper ones are created by the dev. will also include this on the next version.

Edited by ShuiYin

This mod is awesome! I’m playing it for last few days. It's probably right time to share some thoughts.

First of all thx for creating and developing it. Actually this made me play zomboid again, really feels as improved vanilla with some little changes that I’ve desired.

Books are great. I actually don’t use most of them, but their variety and colors give more realistic feeling about the game world. Toys, towels, awww! It’s all really good.

I totally agree about  weapon durability and item weight, today I’ve changed them to vanilla setting.  Here is my first thought about small modification, not to the mod itself, rather to mod description. It would be good to have information about turning some mod elements ‘on’ and ‘of’ in your first post. I’ve played for quite lot without  knowing that there is possibility of customizing mod settings. I know. It’s my fault, probably would be better to read all posts before lunching it but you know how it is. Also could you explain what exactly are ‘Name Options’ and ‘Delta Options’?

With customization of mod options everything feels perfect for me. There is just one small thing that is, in my opinion, imbalanced. Spawning of nimble, light footed and sneaking books in zeds corpses. I got them all the time, like 33% of zeds in WP were reading it. I know that zeds are trying to be ninjas but it feels rather unrealistic  ;)

As suggested above I also like the idea of powering gas stations. It feels as something more to do in late game, and nice possibility to die have fun.

Do you think it’s possible to make winter last longer? In my last playthrough winter lasted for maybe 8 days(?). It was disappointment for me. First it’s a challenge – farming is not possible. One has to start gather food in alternative way or stock up large food supply before winter comes. Second, I love winter design, everything is so white (and later red), and fresh. It’s actually harder to navigate, everything looks different. It would be great to experience it for like 2-3 months. Probably it had to be totally optional – many players who struggle with normal game world would find it disappointing.

The other idea is opposite to previous one. Droughts. Long periods without rain. It may happen in summer. It’s realistic and gives another type of challenge. No water for farming, and diminishing supplies for drinking. Player would have to make trips to water sources and/or stock water before summer. Currently one water collector (even first one from lvl 4 carpentry) is all one needs for farming and drinking. This modification would fix that ;) Very long drought period probably should occur in the second summer. By second summer I mean the summer after beginning of the game. In the first one waterworks are still running and players have other things to do.

Of course things above are just loose ideas. Somehow sharing them felt good so I did it :P

Edited by Zentharius

On 14/3/2016 at 5:24 AM, Zentharius said:

This mod is awesome! I’m playing it for last few days. It's probably right time to share some thoughts.

First of all thx for creating and developing it. Actually this made me play zomboid again, really feels as improved vanilla with some little changes that I’ve desired.

Books are great. I actually don’t use most of them, but their variety and colors give more realistic feeling about the game world. Toys, towels, awww! It’s all really good.

I totally agree about  weapon durability and item weight, today I’ve changed them to vanilla setting.  Here is my first thought about small modification, not to the mod itself, rather to mod description. It would be good to have information about turning some mod elements ‘on’ and ‘of’ in your first post. I’ve played for quite lot without  knowing that there is possibility of customizing mod settings. I know. It’s my fault, probably would be better to read all posts before lunching it but you know how it is. Also could you explain what exactly are ‘Name Options’ and ‘Delta Options’?

With customization of mod options everything feels perfect for me. There is just one small thing that is, in my opinion, imbalanced. Spawning of nimble, light footed and sneaking books in zeds corpses. I got them all the time, like 33% of zeds in WP were reading it. I know that zeds are trying to be ninjas but it feels rather unrealistic  ;)

As suggested above I also like the idea of powering gas stations. It feels as something more to do in late game, and nice possibility to die have fun.

Do you think it’s possible to make winter last longer? In my last playthrough winter lasted for maybe 8 days(?). It was disappointment for me. First it’s a challenge – farming is not possible. One has to start gather food in alternative way or stock up large food supply before winter comes. Second, I love winter design, everything is so white (and later red), and fresh. It’s actually harder to navigate, everything looks different. It would be great to experience it for like 2-3 months. Probably it had to be totally optional – many players who struggle with normal game world would find it disappointing.

The other idea is opposite to previous one. Droughts. Long periods without rain. It may happen in summer. It’s realistic and gives another type of challenge. No water for farming, and diminishing supplies for drinking. Player would have to make trips to water sources and/or stock water before summer. Currently one water collector (even first one from lvl 4 carpentry) is all one needs for farming and drinking. This modification would fix that ;) Very long drought period probably should occur in the second summer. By second summer I mean the summer after beginning of the game. In the first one waterworks are still running and players have other things to do.

Of course things above are just loose ideas. Somehow sharing them felt good so I did it :P

Hi Zentharius thanks for taking the time to use the mod and also for taking the time to post here. With more feedback from users such as yourself i can make this mod better and also add more features that might be needed by many.

Thank you for the suggestion on putting the optional mod settings at the beginning as this might prevent people that would have used this but didnt take the time to read till the end of the description. This is a very smart move (Ill update it soon along with the explanation on what each option represents).

The spawning on zombies are something that i am aware of and i actually forgot to implement the loot drop modification that makes the drop actually rare and i hope i will be able to fix it before next release (i got a general idea on how to do it but sometimes there are unexpected things that can hinder its completion)

Longer winter and new condition like droughts however i dont think i can move to that direction. However these are very good suggestions and in my opinion you should also put it in the suggestion section of this forum.

Thanks again and happy Zomboiding :)

edit: i have tried to fix the zombies bringging too many books and i have the solution ready and while doing this i am adding a new feature to the mod. Special Zombies: sometimes 1 in 25 you may find a special zombie that is proffesion based and will carry some proffesion items so if you meet a nurse for example you will find some medical supplies. 1 in 100 zombies you may find a proffesional survivor that died carrying a lot of stuff including a gun with some ammo boxes and also sometimes rare gun modification stuff like a x8 scope.

Edited by ShuiYin

21 Mar 2016 - PZ Vanilla Patch Build 1.4 The Completed Fun Update in now live

I got side tracked by a zombie bug and made some update to the mod

1. added standing candles that is exactly like the normal candle but its standing so you can drop them for decoration or roleplay purposes. Sometimes having a candle on the floor sets up the atmosphre of the apocalypse Lol.

2. Since i was working with a candle i also added a torch in game which is also a basic survival lighting just cannot imagine survival without torches. Many zombie movies use them :P

3. Added woodenstick as alternative component to make wooden stake, stone hammer, wooden spear, and stone axe. (request from Demonic_Kat)

4. Added special zombies that is a recently turned. 4% chance to find a proffesion zombie with proffesion items, 1% chance to find elite survivor zombie that brings quite a lot of ammunition and food. You can detect a special zombie by its loot, if it contain a drink or food item it is probably a special zombie. an elite zombie will always carry at least 1 box of bullet of 1 type.
5. Now 80% of zombies will wear underwear as they should be those 20% are the odd one out :p.

6. Fixed zombies containing massive amount of skill books bug (report from Zentharius )
7. Fixed time delay bugs now any daytime hours length used will not affect timed script.
8. Added playing the Pool Table that will give some bonus to happiness and boredom, after you complete a session you will not be able to play again for 12 hours. As you get better you will finish the session faster. (request from CaptKaspar )

SYNVanillaPatchPool_zpsmgann2jr.png

9. Added playing the Park Swing that will give some bonus to happiness and boredom these activities are loud and attract zombies.
10. Added playing the Merry go round that will give some bonus to happiness and boredom these activities are also loud and attract zombies.

11. Added playing the park slide that will give some bonus to happiness and boredom these activities are loud and attract zombies.

12. Upgraded the mod setting to display on and off next to the mod option so you will know which option is on and which is off.

I will next work on Hygene upgrades that will introduce 2 new section

1. The grooming section: containing functionality for make up, lipstick, shave etc

2. The health section: involving staying clean with showers, toilets etc.

Edited by ShuiYin

You're a fucking genious ;)

Any chance to fill containers with water from the rain by putting them directly on the floor? 

Like bowls, pots...

The torches are great, but the limitation of gasoline in the late game are impossible to craft...

Maybe adding gasoline in some zombies?

It also would be nice to place them on the walls.

Edited by ditoseadio

44 minutes ago, ditoseadio said:

You're a fucking genious ;)

Any chance to fill containers with water from the rain by putting them directly on the floor? 

Like bowls, pots...

The torches are great, but the limitation of gasoline in the late game are impossible to craft...

Maybe adding gasoline in some zombies?

It also would be nice to place them on the walls.

Hello im glad you liked the update :)

containers that can get rain water mean a placeable container not just a dropped one ( i am assuming here) i am not sure i can do this yet because anything placed has to transmit data for multiplier purposes. (i think) i am going to do a compost bin on the next update and so i must hit the same coding problem since i have to actually create something that i can place as a compost bin. (i might fail this one) i also heard someone is currently making a rain collecting bin using the garbage cans etc (a great idea).

Yes gasoline is limited and since i have the knowledge for grid items now i might be able to make the gasoline powered by a generator ( i know someone already did that) i actually did turn on the menus of the stove a long time ago but i didnt get it to cook anything Lol.

Placing the torch on the wall is a good idea too that one day i will try to do ( i still dont know how to make a world object to be a source of light yet) 

gasoline is a possibility loot if you find one of the special zombies in this update but even if you find them its still random so you might not get the fuel but get something else useful instead.

ill write those thing above on my to do and research list hopefully someday it will turn up in this mod

1 hour ago, ditoseadio said:

The mod settings are not displayed...

Is the mod setting not working? ill try and test this

i tested this under extreme condition ( i removed all the setting files from the folder) and continue the game and it displayed the settings still. can you describe is the menu blank or is it blinking white and black or it did not show after you press "RShift"plus "S"?

edit: i tried starting a new game with all setting files deleted and its still displaying the mod setting. Is there any error returned?

Edited by ShuiYin

7 hours ago, ditoseadio said:

Context menu not showing after press "RShift" + "S"

I've deleted all "SYN..." files into "...Zomboid\Lua" and still happens.

function: SYNSetting.lua -- file: SYNSetting.lua line # 227

I'm having the same issue, pressed "RShift" + "S" and got no option for settings in the right click menu

great mod though really have been enjoying it.

11 hours ago, ditoseadio said:

Context menu not showing after press "RShift" + "S"

I've deleted all "SYN..." files into "...Zomboid\Lua" and still happens.

function: SYNSetting.lua -- file: SYNSetting.lua line # 227

Seems like another person also having the same problem , did you get the notification on screen telling you that Mod Setting mode is enabled, its supposed to tell you that its enabled if you press rshift plus S,

notification screen:

SYNVanillaPatchSetting01_zpsemwf6zro.png

the actual menu after you right click:

SYNVanillaPatchSetting02_zpszg9y1xft.png

3 hours ago, winterpyre said:

I'm having the same issue, pressed "RShift" + "S" and got no option for settings in the right click menu

great mod though really have been enjoying it.

Same reply as above did you get the notification on screen telling you that Mod Setting mode is enabled, its supposed to tell you that its enabled if you press rshift plus S, ill look it up and try to add a solution soon

6 hours ago, Zentharius said:

You’re improving  this mod faster than I’m able to test it. Dev’s should hire you for faster game development :D jk

Well they are quite fast already and i got surprised by game updates that exceed my expectation :P my work is really very small compared to what they are doing Lol but thanks for the compliment :) 

edit: btw SYNSetting line 227 is calling an interrupt mode that will interrupt any delayed action that is happening and cancelling itself. I think that should not cause the Mod Menu to dissapear. Can you try switching off all other mod and see if its still wont display the Mod Settings?

Edit2: i found the problem, it seems that everytime i tested this mod was with all of my other mods on, i found out that without the debug mode mod on this error 227 is happening and i tried and also cannot see the Mod Settings. So all user should have the same problem. Will post a solution today

Edited by ShuiYin

21 Mar 2016 - PZ Vanilla Patch Build 1.4.1 A gift from Spain & A quick fix is now live

1. A big thanks to  ditoseadio   for providing a Spanish translation for this mod.

2. Fix for the Mod Setting not appearing.

Done Feature for v 1.5

1. Sit down on any chairs and beds to conserve stamina and for faster stamina regeneration.

currently working on: The grooming section: containing functionality for make up, lipstick, shave etc , i still cant think of a system that will encourage survivor to look their best without penalizing them if not groomed properly, im sure ill figure something out soon.

Happy Zomboiding :)

Edited by ShuiYin

10 hours ago, ditoseadio said:

Nice! ^^

A suggestion; I think zombies should drop less worms.

In a few minutes, I had over 20 worms...

Anyway, great job! ;)

Yes i was experiencing the same thing :P i randomize worm drop at 0-3 worms per zombie i think ill do some tweaking

Done Feature for v 1.5

1. Sit down on any chairs and beds to conserve stamina and for faster stamina regeneration.

2. Tweaked worm drop rate on zombies so that it will be about 1/3 of the previous drop rate.

3. Added bathing option to natural water, showers and bath tubs, might add one to rain barrels if i somehow can decrease the water content of it.

currently working on: The bathing action will use soap (optional) and a new item shampoo (optional) if you bathe with just water you will get a hygene and grooming points of 50 but if you use soap u get additional 5 points and another 5 points for using shampoo. all this hygene and grooming points do not have any use for now but i already have a plan that will make them useful later.

Happy Zomboiding :)

Edited by ShuiYin

On 25/3/2016 at 1:31 AM, ditoseadio said:

Another suggestion.

It would be great to remove the ashes of the corpses with a shovel (not hand shovel) ;)

I saw a few burning zombies before but i was fleeing and did not check the remains :P this is very logical and much more efficient too in theory. Ill put it in my to do list for this mod hopefully i get it done in the near future :)

edit: or is it the burn corpse with fuel action to clean up the dead corpses that you mean? I actually never tried this before Lol :P i stacked them in my backyard. Ill try and burn them to see what happens.

Edited by ShuiYin

Another suggestion.

I think the special zombies should have a lower chance to appear, because it is very common to kill several of these in a short time.

Maybe 1% chance to find a proffesional zombie, and 0.1% chance to find elite zombie...

In my game, in less than 30 minutes, I killed two professional zombies (each with one sledgehammer) and one elite zombie with shotgun, varmint, ammo, food... :?

Another thing I've noticed is that these zombies contain more weight than they should be able to carry.

On 26/3/2016 at 5:35 AM, ditoseadio said:

Another suggestion.

I think the special zombies should have a lower chance to appear, because it is very common to kill several of these in a short time.

Maybe 1% chance to find a proffesional zombie, and 0.1% chance to find elite zombie...

In my game, in less than 30 minutes, I killed two professional zombies (each with one sledgehammer) and one elite zombie with shotgun, varmint, ammo, food... :?

Another thing I've noticed is that these zombies contain more weight than they should be able to carry.

Thats too fast Lol i havent really tested the drop rate i just used logic and i was testing it using few zombies sandbox settings. I guess  1 in 25 is very easy still :p, ill adjust it so that it will not be too common and you get a "yessss i hit the jackpot" feeling when you actually do get them. getting the sledge in 2 of them should be very hard because these special zombies can carry 0-2 usefull items with 2 set at a very low probability, and it pick from a list of randomized items. You got quite lucky to score 2 sledge from 2 special zombies :p. so like in normal survivor mode with all that extra zombies will make the special zombie and the elite zombie to appear too often as you said.

As for the overweight carrying zombies its very hard to avoid because i was actually trying to create a zombie that looks like someone that has been looting around carrying food and stuff and also carrying their means of protection especially the elite zombie. The Elite zombie will always carry 1 ranged weapon and whatever that weapon is he will carry 1-2 box of ammo for that weapon, then there is a chance he is carrying a side arm and ofcourse with a few bullets for that. also a chance to carry a melee weapon too, there is a chance he is carrying 1-2 bombs of i type too. added to those he may be carrying with himself a meal ( a combo of 2 item like burger plus fries or 2 slices of pizza etc) other than that he may sometimes be looting and carry with him up to 3 type of non perishable items of varying quantities. if you are really really lucky the zombie will also carry a luxury snack item ( eg a modjeska x5 or jelly cookie x4) plus sometimes he is alcoholic and carry some booze with him Lol. see if all your luck adds up he can carry quite a few stuff :P

So i agree we have to tweak this so that they do not appear too often. Im so glad that you take time to test this and so i can implement it better (i always play with easy sandbox settings Lol) ill tweak it to your reccomended setting and see how it goes. well maybe ill go with 1% special and 0.2% elite so 1 in 500 zombies to find elite and 1 in 100 to find special.

Edited by ShuiYin

9 hours ago, ditoseadio said:

I hope it can be turn off the bathing system.

I just don't like the idea... :unsure:

Dont worry :Pas you have seen me before i always tend to make the game easier rather than harder. These hygene, grooming and also bladder stats will be able to be turned off and even if not they will not cause the character to be handicapped in any way just a comment on how he or she is feeling rather dirty and stuff with no real stats damage or effect. But if you do manage to get all cleaned up you will get a confidence boost that will affect overall performance. Surviving in style has its benefits Lol

Edit: so if not really into this then can use it for roleplay purposes only (i forgot to add boredom and happines bonus to it so that it has a little use) for the hardcore player i might make the bladder thing have some consequence :P but ofcourse as always can be turned off too

Edited by ShuiYin