RELEASED: IWBUMS 33.20

EasyPickins

• Fixed rendering of usernames and radio/tv text in coop.
  • Added translations for paint symbols.
  • Fixed tv on/off/volume/etc settings not always syncing in multiplayer.
  • Fixed short fence doors blocking sight.
  • Doors with glass/portals don't block sight unless barricaded 3+ times.
  • Made hoppable fences/walls less transparent when standing behind them.
  • Bags on the ground show in the loot window's list of containers.
  • Play door lock/unlock sounds from the player's square, not the door's square, so they don't sound muffled when the player is behind the door.
  • Stop the heartbeat sound after death.
  • Added Mod ID and Map Folder to item descriptions when submitting them to the Workshop to make it easier for server admins to add them to their servers.
  • Fixed endurance recovery ignoring FPS and game speed.
  • Fixed (?) game window getting scaled by High DPI feature on Windows.
  • Fixed exception reading map_meta.bin if the world changed size.
  • Fixed floor-tile stacking when moving floor tiles in multiplayer (won't fix existing moved tiles).
  • Fixed missing words in building-menu tooltips.
  • Fixed carpentry doors fading out and being unclickable when viewed from behind.
  • Fixed fireplaces not having 'fireplace' container type so they couldn't be used for cooking.
  • Fixed outhouse door sprite not being a door.
  • Fixed (?) light-switch packet spamming in multiplayer.
  • Fixed an extra window object being created when a window breaks trying to pick it up in multiplayer.
  • Fixed Unemployed profession only having one spawnpoint in Muldraugh.
  • Added exception handling around randomized building code to stop server crashes.
  • Fixed (?) RDSGunslinger exception.
  • Print a console message on Linux about xrandr possibly being required (in case creating the display fails).  LWJGL uses xrandr to get a list of supported display modes.
  • Fixed sandbox settings not being set to default for new sandbox and challenge games.
  • Limit gunshots, screams and dog barks to at most 1 per day.

• Fixed attacking zombies through closed "see-through" doors.
  • Fixed issues removing/placing windows.  Ropes can now be attached to window frames without windows.
  • Fixed disappearing posters/flags/etc after moving them.
  • Fixed the tutorial telling the user to hold SHIFT instead of whichever key is bound to "Run".
  • Fixed Deaf trait using Hard of Hearing's tooltip description.
  • Fixed generator sounds not working in multiplayer.
  • Added "clothingstore" alias of "clothesstore" in SuburbsDistributions to fix non-clothes spawning on some clothing racks.

with the new build, i can't start my server.

ProjectZomboid64.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

is a new C++ 20XX redist or netframework needed?

Sorry, I uploaded a debug build by mistake, I'm updating it now.

the client too...

;):P

the client too...

;):P

It should be updated (only 90% sure at this time of night).  You may need to restart Steam.

The multiplayer tile glitch was also happening with flags on the wall, they would disappear. Can put a bug tracker on it unless it was addressed?

I see a problem with how flag sprites are done, I'll look at it tomorrow.

Awesome update! I noticed something's odd with the Doors that don't block sight(I really like that addition btw), these doors also don't block attacks. I'm playing solo in this 33.15 Build and I can hit Zombies with melee weapons from the other side of a door that has glass panels. I haven't tried with guns yet cause I don't have any atm.

I hope that's enough information for now, cheers.

I've been waiting for doors with windows to be see-through. Glad it's added! :D Perhaps add a way we can put a smaller (perhaps ripped) sheet over that little window by nailing it to the door? I know this would require a little bit of spriting though..

33.16 Released:

• Fixed issues removing/placing windows.  Ropes can now be attached to window frames without windows.
  • Fixed the tutorial telling the user to hold SHIFT instead of whichever key is bound to "Run".
  • Added "clothingstore" alias of "clothesstore" in SuburbsDistributions to fix non-clothes spawning on some clothing racks.

Hi all !

I can't launch my Linux server since the last update :

What does it mean :

Loading world...tiledef: loading media/tiledefinitions.tilestiledef: loading media/newtiledefinitions.tilestiledef: loading media/tiledefinitions_erosion.tilestiledef: loading media/tiledefinitions_apcom.tileserosion: reading /home/steam/Zomboid/Saves/Multiplayer/servertest/erosion.iniLoading: media/maps/West Point, KY/objects.luaLoading: media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/objects.luamap_meta.bin world size (1145393987x1) does not match the current map size (25x30)java.nio.BufferUnderflowException        at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Buffer.java:498)        at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.getInt(HeapByteBuffer.java:355)        at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.load(IsoMetaGrid.java:620)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1283)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:454)server terminated../tier1/fileio.cpp (4009) : Assertion Failed: CFileWriterThread: pending file writer configstore_log.txt../tier1/fileio.cpp (4009) : Assertion Failed: CFileWriterThread: pending file writer content_log.txt../tier1/fileio.cpp (4009) : Assertion Failed: CFileWriterThread: pending file writer connection_log_16261.txtBad thread localthreadtools.cpp (1375) : Assertion Failed: Thread synchronization object is unuseableBad thread local

33.16 Released:

Aww there is no more nails and batteries in cloth racks :P thanks for fixing this (i submitted a bug tracker on it yesterday i think)

You work like the Flash :P keep up the good work

• Fixed client hanging when Workshop item versions don't match the server's.
  • Added translations for various connect-to-server failures.
  • Fixed the building cursor disappearing when the mouse pointer is over the UI when using a controller. When the mouse is over a UI element, player 0's building/farming/etc cursor is hidden so that clicks in the UI do not cause construction to occur.  This ends up confusing people using a controller.  The game now tracks the last time the mouse was active and the last time any controller was active.  If player 0's controller was active more recently than the mouse, the building cursor is not hidden, or it becomes visible again if it was hidden.
  • Fixed zombies climbing through some blocked windows.
  • Fixed bugged inventory/loot windows when starting the game at low resolution for the first time.  The initial width of those windows is now 1/3 of the screen instead of 1/4.  You can test this by deleting your Zomboid/Lua/layout.ini file.
  • Bleeding reduces health of every body part, not just the bleeding one.  This fixes a bug where a body part's health might get reduced to zero, after which bleeding didn't reduce overall health any more (couldn't bleed to death).
  • Fixed campfire sound not playing.
  • A curtain can be added to either side of a see-through door. Shift-E and Shift-click toggle the curtain as long as the player is standing on the sheet's apparent square (which changes depending on the side of the door the curtain is on and whether the door is open or closed).  This was very complicated to do so please test. :)
  • Fixed controllers not seeing windows to the south or east.
  • Fixed a tile in Zippee Mart blocking movement when it should be non-blocking.

• Kirrus locked this topic