Turn Tail - Hotkey to drop equipped bags

The_Real_Al

Did you ever run into a horde after shopping at the groceries?

Are you into B&E but unable to choose between the flatscreen and the piano?

Have you ever wondered how to easily access your inventory and get rid of that piano while frantically using your mouse to smash said horde?

If you can answer all three questions with 'yes' then this little script might just be the solution for you.

Description:

This mod adds a hotkey ( 'x' by default) to swiftly dump an equipped bag in order to reduce encumberance. It will only acknowledge bags and only those equipped in your hands or on your back. The order is Primary Hand -> Secondary Hand -> Back; one push for each item.

Installation:

1. Copy zip to the PZ root-directory, right click on the file and select 'Extract Here'.

2. Hit 'Yes' if asked to overwrite folders.

3. Delete zip.

Future Plans:

Probably a weight-flavoured system. Or even better menu-based which allows for dragging the order.

Known Issues:

Not working with .10 Desura build

TurnTail.zip

What an awesome idea! I wanted a way to drop equipped bags when I'm suddenly surrounded mid loot-run!

I'm torn thinking that this should only drop primary and secondary "hand"-carried bags, and still force the player to go into the menus like normal to remove a backpack... the downside to strapping on a big overstuffed hiking pack? :)

At any rate, I love the concept and look forward to giving this a try. In fact, I'll be using this permanently, I think!

Thanks guys. Got my bright moments i suppose. No more dying of hybris while looting.

still force the player to go into the menus like normal to remove a backpack... the downside to strapping on a big overstuffed hiking pack

I believe that would defeat the purpose of the hotkey. E.g. running around in the dark with weapon/flashlight as prim/sec hand. I made the action take double the time for the backpack though.

Also:

I ran into a problem when using it on the second floor of a building.

The bag appears above the player as if it was thrown onto the ceiling. You can still pick it up but it might be located on a wall or even outside the building hanging in mid-air and thus become unreachable.

Does anybody know about special issues with the z-coordinate?

I think the offsets are values from 0 to 1 so if your player is on the ground floor the Z of the item will be zero, but if you are on the second floor the offset will be z+1 and because the item is on the second floor already it will be moved to the floor above.

As I said afaiu the item takes the coordinates of tile it is spawned on (notice the "self.character:getCurrentSquare()") and offsets the item from there ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...