Kjulo's Additions (New Traits, Uses for useless items and Repair Weapons!)

Kjulo

9xdetPT.png

(Tested on Alpha version 2.9.9.10)

Current Features:

•  Makes some earlier less-usable, or completly unusable items into useable items
  •  Allows reperation of Melee weapons and Guns while staying balanced.
  •  New Traits!

Traits:

• JrNCkxZ.png Adrenaline - You (slightly) restore Fatigue and Endurance when you fight zombies
  • 7MolzBH.png Basement Dweller - You lose panic much more quickly while inside
  • lBm5DAY.png Hydrophilia - Cannot become exhausted if standing outside in the rain. Also slightly decreases thirst
  • XB3W3at.png Hemohpobia - Increase in panic everytime you attack a Zombie
  • xbdAqYT.png Hyperhidrosis - You need to drink water more often
  • LwXzMTW.png Hydrophobia - Heavily increase in panic while outside in the rain
  • zcPZZV9.png Paranoid- Player may get panic attacks when no zombies are around
  • tEccxqL.png Homerun - Chance of instantly killing a zombie on hit, dependant on endurance
  • Gp2MOjG.png Firearms Expert - Recieve 2 more Gun Parts from disassembling guns
  • imIvRpR.png Zen - Pain levels decrease faster while inside and alone
  • Iaf7LQY.png Psychalgia - Panic levels causes pain levels to also rise.

Items:

• s28pf7f.pngStrong Cloth - 24 Bandages - Used to repair Melee weapons
  • ywLaJnI.png/DYz32E0.png Bat with Grip - Bat, Belt - Lasts longer and has more pushback than normal
  • MDvQqty.png Pillowcase Bag - Pillow - Container with 40% Weight reduction and 8 max carry weight
  • Full_Soup_bowl.png Shoe Soup - 1 Water, 1 Bowl and 1 Shoe - Restores some thirst and hunger, but severely reduces happiness and fun
  • VwNZ2DU.png Gun Parts - Disassembled from different guns - Is used to repair Firearms.

New Functions and Recipes (Old ones still works)

• Smallrag.png Bandages - 1 Sock yields 1 Bandage
  • Smallsheet.png Sheet - 1 Pillow
  • 32px-Dishtowel.png Wet Dish Towel - Can now be dried

[Download]

License:

88x31.png

You can use any content in this mod for any purpose, as long as it requires 'Project Zomboid' to function properly.

Simpler Version: Feel free to use any of my icons or code to your own mod, as long as you credit me for the stuff you used from me. I would love to see new life in my icons.

Changelog

•  Made basement dweller more effective and function slightly differently. 
  •  Nervous now gives random panic attacks
  •  Can now dry dish towels
  •  Pillow bag now weights 0.2 instea of 0.6
  •  2 New Traits (Firearms Expert, Homerun)
  •  Added item "Gun parts", used to repair guns
  •  Hydrophobia now gives less trait points
  •  "Dehydrated" renamed to "Sweaty"

• Made some traits incompatible (Hydrophobia and Hydrofilia, Basement Dweller and Claustrophobic)
  • Basement Dweller is now more expensive in trait points
  • Fixed minor bug with Hydrophilia (Could be abused to never need to drink water, even when not raining)
  • "Nervous" Renamed to "Paranoid" to suit new effect better
  • Added 2 new traits (Zen and Psychalgia)
  • Paranoid trait now only gives panic attacks when no zombies are around.
0.031 (Minor update)
  • "Sweaty" renamed to "Hyperhidrosis" (Thanks RoboMat)
  • Overall effectivity rebalance of some traits

Shoutout to Robomat, Aricane and RegularX for the help.

Installing:

Find your project zomboid folder

In the folder that has the media folder in it, extract the .rar file

If this is done correctly, new image files should be in the same folder as the games .exe

Am I the only one thinking of using sheets as bags? If I had nothing to put stuff in BUT the sheet, i'd probably do that in real life, so why not in PZ?

Equip as secondary, and there you go - now sheet isn't just a portable curtain but also a bag that you can use!

I've had that idea too, it just feels like it may be hard to balance.

I am requesting that "Sweat" is renamed to "Hyperhidrosis" :DBtw.: You can make traits mutual exclusive so that Hydrophilia and Hydrophobia can't be selected at the same time with:

TraitFactory.setMutualExclusive("Hydrophilia", "Hydrophobia");

I already did that in version 0.03, but thanks anyways.

• 1 month later...

Great mod, but just have a question, can you also use this mod for the steam version of the game or does it need new coding for that ? I already tried modding the steam version 2.9.9.17, and traits can be selected, the items can be made, but a stack trace keeps popping up, the stack trace message that keeps popping up is:

function: EveryTenMinutes -- file: Kmod_Additions_Traits.lua line # 99

__sub not defined for operands in null

Does this mean that the traits can be selected but do not work ?

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod, but just have a question, can you also use this mod for the steam version of the game or does it need new coding for that ? I already tried modding the steam version 2.9.9.17, and traits can be selected, the items can be made, but a stack trace keeps popping up, the stack trace message that keeps popping up is:

function: EveryTenMinutes -- file: Kmod_Additions_Traits.lua line # 99

__sub not defined for operands in null

Does this mean that the traits can be selected but do not work ?

Maybe he updated the way to check traits? I used the desura build.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing i did notice with the traits is.  When you first select them them and start a new character, everything seems to work, but if you quit and reload then they seem not to with that error that inquisinator posted.

I tested this atleast with getting the trait that fills you with energy when you melee, or something like that.  I didnt tire out really fast like it should be. Saved game, quit, started up, loaded save, take 2 swings or so and BLAMO batman apears, err, i mean i got tired really fast like it should without the trait.