Zombie Loot Items

CaptKaspar

A simple idea: Expand the spectrum of items that can be found on zombies.

Right now we can find:

• Clothes
  • Bats
  • Axes
  • Pens/Pencils
  • Pills
  • Magazine/newspapers/notebooks
  • Ammo
  • Pistols

At least that's all I usually see.

Why not add:

• Food
  • Water bottles
  • Tools (saws, hammers, screwdrivers, trowels, etc)
  • All Weapons (since the people they were before we're likely to be using them as well)
  • All misc items (duct tape, wood glue, nails, fishing lures, etc)
  • Bags

If we have a use for them, the people who became zombies before us probably had a desire/use for them as well.

I think it would be extra awesome if we could see certain items that a zombie is hanging on to. Now I don't exactly like the lore of zombies carrying items in their hands, but currently in game we can find axes and bats on zombies. Since they don't have a bag, we have to assume they are carrying the axe or bat in their hands and we should therefore be able to see it. The clothes that are lootable from zombies are the same color/type clothes that they are wearing, so I don't think it would be too far out there to also have a zombie that is visually carrying an axe/bat to always drop an axe/bat.

They do drop bags, schoolbags, hiking bags, purses but they're always empty.

I'll make a mod like that and see how it works but I have a feeling it would make things too common.

Edit: Made a mod, quick-tested, it's not as bad as I thought.

Wow that's great Svarog! Are you able to edit drop rates to fine tune it?

I think this will greatly help with the immersion, at least for me!  :D

Let me know if you need/want help testing the mod. Would love to get my hands on it!

The way distribution works in PZ is that the lowest drop chance for anything is 0.1 (Very, Very Rare) which is fine in most cases, the problem really begins in there being no upper limit of how many items can be dropped from the table at the same time.

We kill a whole lot of zeds in PZ and Some zeds can drop quite some loot but the chance is small. Anyway, I upped the mod to pz-mods you can get it there. Eventually you might get a looot of stuff this way.

http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/MoreZombieLoot/

The way distribution works in PZ is that the lowest drop chance for anything is 0.1 (Very, Very Rare) which is fine in most cases, the problem really begins in there being no upper limit of how many items can be dropped from the table at the same time.

We kill a whole lot of zeds in PZ and Some zeds can drop quite some loot but the chance is small. Anyway, I upped the mod to pz-mods you can get it there. Eventually you might get a looot of stuff this way.

http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/MoreZombieLoot/

I tested this out last night and I was very happy with the results.

I played for about an hour or two and I found your mod to be very 'realistic' in my opinion.

The vast majority of zombies did not drop any additional loot other than their clothing, but occasionally they would drop some immersive items. I found some duct tape, a can of beans, a jar lid!!!!, the usual drop items (pills, a bag, magazines, etc) and I loved it when I found two zombies with dirty bandages on!

So far I love it. I do not think the loot is excessive by any means. It comes few and far between, but it makes it well worth looting each zombie!

I tested this out last night and I was very happy with the results.

I played for about an hour or two and I found your mod to be very 'realistic' in my opinion.

The vast majority of zombies did not drop any additional loot other than their clothing, but occasionally they would drop some immersive items. I found some duct tape, a can of beans, a jar lid!!!!, the usual drop items (pills, a bag, magazines, etc) and I loved it when I found two zombies with dirty bandages on!

So far I love it. I do not think the loot is excessive by any means. It comes few and far between, but it makes it well worth looting each zombie!

Glad you like it, and like I said, I only quick tested it by killing a thousand zombies and seeing the average drops so in a normal playthrough it might be different, it's all full on RNG so "Your Mileage May Vary" rule applies a lot.

I'm also pretty sure I didn't add jar lids to loot list, I though about it though... I'll need to double check if I don't have telepathic coding abilities. I'll update the mod after Build 32 comes out of IWBUMS with more items.