Zeek's Haven [24/7 US East|NY Server][PVP][CSpawns][24GB RAM][Weekly Soft Wipes][Monthly Hard Wipes]

RichCoconut

Thanks zeek. Like i said, its understandable and i have no hard feelings. I hope anyone reading my comment doesn't get the wrong idea. Its by far,  miles ahead the best public server i played on. has a nice balance of good guys, bandits, neutral survivors and even people that role play(so the crazy yoga lady made me do yoga, dont judge me!).

Most hours of the day it has over 10 people,20-30 people is not rare either and considering the amount of players the server runs like a champ.

And the events are awesome as well. As someone that finds zomboid easy, that invasion of WP resulted in some of the best moments iv had in this game ever(with nearly 300 hours clocked). And then there's the small ones that the GMs will have. like a fishing contest where you jump on the GMs "boat" aka walk on water. Then we walk i mean drive to the middle of the ocean and fish for a ingame day with prize for the biggest fish.

And my kick/ban was the GMs trying to keep the game clean. While my ban happened so quick, its understandable.

So dont be put off by my setback, you too can run into a pair of friendly guys, Then have a crazy guy try and beat one of em down with a bassball bat,then you run away and into a group of 4 players with guns that chase you thinking your someone else then when they realise your not who there looking for they ask if you need anything, then the crazy guy with the bat comes out screeming and everyone starts shooting and all the zombies comes and you run away with your new bassball bat into a bar and see 2 near naked girls doing yoga and insist you join them. and this is not even the craziest thing that's happened. It just happened yesterday lol

Sorry for the long post but yeah, 10/10 server, would yoga again

I did post on it as well. Again I am sorry if it seems hostile - it's more a reference post for others to read and understand as well. If you feel I have attacked you in the post then please let me know. I do not wish to offend you  :ph34r:

Unless your name is white listed. I can only assume you can have multiple same names not 100% on that.

Makes sense. No worries on my end. I just don't wanna be banned because some fuck up I must of killed is trying to get me banned. 

As long as he wasn't actually playing my character somehow, It's cool. He can impersonate all he wants. Hopefully ya can distinguish with your wizzy wiz computer stuff between us two.

Unless your name is white listed. I can only assume you can have multiple same names not 100% on that.

Makes sense. No worries on my end. I just don't wanna be banned because some fuck up I must of killed is trying to get me banned. 

As long as he wasn't actually playing my character somehow, It's cool. He can impersonate all he wants. Hopefully ya can distinguish with your wizzy wiz computer stuff between us two.

Easily enough, your IPs would differ.

An invisible person named "Elite" just massacred nearly everyone in Twiggys. I mean MASSACRED. They never had a chance. This bug is outrageous. I will report it personally but I just felt like I needed to announce this here. I know it isn't a cheat or a hack, and isn't the fault of this server, but it it still outrageous. I had to log off to save myself. I may still die when I rejoin later on today.

I just had to tell someone.  :cry:

Elite you will be infamous now and hated. You are the invisible sniper. I will personally kill you on sight any time I see you -- if I see you!

REMEMBER THE NAME OF ELITE. KILL HIM ON SIGHT.

Oh, also are server wide ping spikes common? Suede seemed to mention this in this thread. This happened at least twice today as far as I know. Everyone's ping would shoot up and it would end up with me getting kicked. Not sure if anyone else did. At one point I had like 14000 ms, up from a normal of around 40 ms. No idea how all that works but it did happen more than once.

Oh, also are server wide ping spikes common? Suede seemed to mention this in this thread. This happened at least twice today as far as I know. Everyone's ping would shoot up and it would end up with me getting kicked. Not sure if anyone else did. At one point I had like 14000 ms, up from a normal of around 40 ms. No idea how all that works but it did happen more than once.

There are bugs still within the software. As time goes on these should eventually go away.

It's been like 12 hours and Elite is still on the server, still killing people. He's still invisible. I'm sorry, but your server's no good right now until this is ironed out. I actually have no idea if other servers are effected. I really can't say for certain whether it is a bug with the game or a hack. It might as well be a hack.

This was the first time I'd spent any length of time on a pub server in Project Zomboid but I'll be staying on a private server indefinitely now. Minus the invisible snipers, I had a good time last night with the people on there who weren't invisible. It seems like your server is really dedicated, Zeek. I hope it gets better.

It's been like 12 hours and Elite is still on the server, still killing people. He's still invisible. I'm sorry, but your server's no good right now until this is ironed out. I actually have no idea if other servers are effected. I really can't say for certain whether it is a bug with the game or a hack. It might as well be a hack.

This was the first time I'd spent any length of time on a pub server in Project Zomboid but I'll be staying on a private server indefinitely now. Minus the invisible snipers, I had a good time last night with the people on there who weren't invisible. It seems like your server is really dedicated, Zeek. I hope it gets better.

We will let you know when we report the issue, we do not think it is a hack due to the fact that admins and donators are also being turned "invisible"

Keep in mind, when things are "invisible" it's very hard to report it. We are keeping track of everything that is going on including who's been shot and from where and we are noticing patterns between what is happening. But we honestly don't think it's something is going to be quickly evaluated since it's happening unpredictably and impossible to recreate at this point in time.

I have been coming on very often to teleport around to players and kick them when they are invisible, but the issue is that person might be visible to some people but not me or you. So, again, the bug is very hard to pin and track or even properly report. If you have any info on this please let us know as we would love to file a proper report to get it fixed asap.

We think that a ping spike may be happening when someone connects, as the server sends them all the gamestate & map data at once. Invisible players is a new one to me.

You are correct, but other things can apply spiking to the server, like scrolling through the server console or attempting multiple commands as an admin (our tools do this) but not enough lag to really worry. I think most of our spiking as of the last few days is due to the server not behaving normally because of these invisible players.

I went ahead and upped some more info to the bug report Kirrus. (Not much more info then previously said, but better than nothing)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-1520-multiplayer-invisible-players/?gopid=4464#entry4464

I'm a donator on the server and have been a regular player for a little while now. I can say with absolute certainty that the ping spikes didn't start until the 31.8/31.9 updates. For whatever reason this is also around the time when the invisible player glitch started occurring. I'm not sure if they're related or not, however. All of the other servers I've peaked in on over the last few days have had similar lag issues, too. 

In otherwise unrelated news my group, the Fractured Legs, is going to hold "open tryouts" to join us. I'm still in the process of getting the locations set up for our trials. I won't divulge what that involves just yet,  but it WILL be fun. I urge any participants to make new characters, as there is a very strong chance of character death in joining. The leaders of the group will be looking for certain characteristics from each participant. Those who make the grade will be given an out of game invitation, either via the TS server that Zeek provides (as an aside I strongly urge people to use it!) or Steam and taken to our base location.  

I'm a donator on the server and have been a regular player for a little while now. I can say with absolute certainty that the ping spikes didn't start until the 31.8/31.9 updates. For whatever reason this is also around the time when the invisible player glitch started occurring. I'm not sure if they're related or not, however. All of the other servers I've peaked in on over the last few days have had similar lag issues, too. 

In otherwise unrelated news my group, the Fractured Legs, is going to hold "open tryouts" to join us. I'm still in the process of getting the locations set up for our trials. I won't divulge what that involves just yet,  but it WILL be fun. I urge any participants to make new characters, as there is a very strong chance of character death in joining. The leaders of the group will be looking for certain characteristics from each participant. Those who make the grade will be given an out of game invitation, either via the TS server that Zeek provides (as an aside I strongly urge people to use it!) or Steam and taken to our base location.  

Pfft. His group is weak. They barely wander from Mul and have no power in west point. And still you offer a trial to people who want to join your group, like it's some privilege? Heh. You want respect, Tobias? Bring your Arse to west point.

A petty admin may have banned Suede because someone called me a n***er and I got upset and angry, but I'll always be there to fight you, Tobias. Just with a different name.

Pfft. His group is weak. They barely wander from Mul and have no power in west point. And still you offer a trial to people who want to join your group, like it's some privilege? Heh. You want respect, Tobias? Bring your Arse to west point.

A petty admin may have banned Suede because someone called me a n***er and I got upset and angry, but I'll always be there to fight you, Tobias. Just with a different name.

Suede the forums is not the place to discuss this. If you have a problem or issue please join our teamspeak and talk to the admins directly.

Hey all, had a moment so i just wabted to post real quick. Great server, great job keepin it together and keep up the good work. Decent servers are hard to come by and this one is a realistic as it gets (for community play and longevity). Anyways. Thanks for loving the game that much more than me, in order to have the patience to provide this actively diverse and dynamic server.

Hello, I reloaded my character on the server and spawned in a black abyss. Can't tell if it's the same location from before I logged off as I can't move or see my character. How can I fix this? Character name Deschain

Fixed now?

Hey all, had a moment so i just wabted to post real quick. Great server, great job keepin it together and keep up the good work. Decent servers are hard to come by and this one is a realistic as it gets (for community play and longevity). Anyways. Thanks for loving the game that much more than me, in order to have the patience to provide this actively diverse and dynamic server.

Thanks, means a lot to hear from our players. We enjoy making this server the best multiplayer experience that could be offered.

If I donate, how does white listing work exactly? Does it apply to a particular name? (My main is Roci Horror. I shamelessly use alts.)

Well, just donated $10 anyway.  (fedora)

EDIT: speaking of alts, some of my alts are vanishing. I'll log onto the server under the name of an alt and instead I'll get my main character. Eh, are alts against the rules?

If I donate, how does white listing work exactly? Does it apply to a particular name? (My main is Roci Horror. I shamelessly use alts.)

Well, just donated $10 anyway.  (fedora)

EDIT: speaking of alts, some of my alts are vanishing. I'll log onto the server under the name of an alt and instead I'll get my main character. Eh, are alts against the rules?

Chances are you're forgetting to hit save or something similar. Alts are acceptable. Whitelisting just allows you to keep your name private so no one else can pretend to be you. It also allows you to get onto the server if it is ever set to whitelisted players only.

Thank you for the donation! :D