Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

So with the Chicken Coop and Rabbit Hutch we can effectively put an item in it and it produces that animal. Could we not do the same thing with plants and call its greenhouse but in this case you can put up to some many types of potted plants in it to grow at once. 

12 hours ago, Shoobalou said:

Is there a place people can post things they would like to see added to Hydrocraft?

I want to get into modding but i have to ya know first learn how to do it.

This thread is for all things Hydrocraft. Bugs, ideas, suggestions, likes, dislikes, etc. feel free to post. I cannot promise everything will get in but i do consider peoples ideas.

8 hours ago, Shoobalou said:

So with the Chicken Coop and Rabbit Hutch we can effectively put an item in it and it produces that animal. Could we not do the same thing with plants and call its greenhouse but in this case you can put up to some many types of potted plants in it to grow at once. 

Potted Plants do this. You need level 10 farming.

4 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Ask in the Farmoid thread about that stuff.

ide ask if the the thread wasnt dead. people been asking stuff but teh guy is gone. theres no way to plant corn seeds of any kind? i know you didnt make the farmoid....but dont you assume some kind of responsibility when adding it to the mod you control?

Edited by leonhart18

19 hours ago, Shoobalou said:

Is this a spoiler of some sort saying that there is something like that there but you didn't list it? If it is there please do tell.

Just a random guess, but there is the line of research about injections involving rabbit blood, human blood, and zombie blood. There doesn't seem to be a clear purpose for them though, so that might be a hidden thing.

4 hours ago, leonhart18 said:

ide ask if the the thread wasnt dead. people been asking stuff but teh guy is gone. theres no way to plant corn seeds of any kind? i know you didnt make the farmoid....but dont you assume some kind of responsibility when adding it to the mod you control?

Not all seeds can be planted in the ground. Some can only be planted in Flower Pots. Corn is a Potted Plant only crop. When you try to plant a seed you can see the full list of supported seeds. The rest are Potted Plants.

Edited by Hydromancerx

16 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

Not all seeds can be planted in the ground. Some can only be planted in Flower Pots. Corn is a Potted Plant only crop. When you try to plant a seed you can see the full list of supported seeds. The rest are Potted Plants.

thanks! that was all i needed to know

21 hours ago, Forager said:

I tried to cook some rice .. placed some water in a Saucepan, cooked it and it did not change in Rice (with the saucepan icon as on recipe) but remained Saucepan with Rice (freshly cooked) and i can't place it in bowls because the recipe does not use Saucepan with Rice ...

I have level 6 in cooking.

Rice, Saucepan and Bowl are all base game items and recipes. Please report that stuff in the main bug thread for the core game. Rice is no longer a HC item.

Your doing a great job Hydro! 
One suggestion I'd like to see in PZ is ladders. Like step ladders and metal ladders, prehaps extendable ladders too. They would be placed next to a window and used effectively like a sheet rope, except can be removed from the bottom or top... 

On 24/6/2016 at 11:17 PM, Hydromancerx said:

Hydrocraft v7.1b has been released!

Its a patch for the Armor mod stuff since its cause some big errors. Hopefully this squashes the main bugs.

Now I cannot equip any armour. The equipped icon don't appear anymore when I click on equip. And If I click on examine all, it start to infinite examine all.

4 hours ago, francogp said:

Now I cannot equip any armour. The equipped icon don't appear anymore when I click on equip. And If I click on examine all, it start to infinite examine all.

Don't Examine all. That's like saying "Craft All" Its going to just go on forever.

Interesting mod.

Small bugs/typos:

/media/lua/server/HCExtra.lua
#inv:AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCBung");
 inv:AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCRubberbung");
#inv:AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCBunghole");
 inv:AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCRubberbunghole");

/media/lua/server/HCLoading.lua
#table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["bin"].items, "Hydrocraft.HCCannedchilitempty");
 table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["bin"].items, "Hydrocraft.HCCannedchiliempty");

/media/lua/server/JunkyardExtra.lua
#player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCCannedchilitempty");
 player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCCannedchiliempty");

/media/scripts/Animals.txt
#ResizeWorldIcon 		= 	FLASE,
 ResizeWorldIcon 		= 	FALSE,

/media/scripts/Barrels.txt
#recipe Fill Blue Empty Metylamin Barrel With Methylamin
 recipe Fill Blue Empty Methylamin Barrel With Methylamin

/media/scripts/Base Items.txt
#ReplaceOnUse		=	Hydrocraft.HCCannedchiliempty,
 ReplaceOnUse		=	Hydrocraft.HCCannedchilitempty,

/media/scripts/Beakers.txt
#HCMethylaminfull,
 HCMethylaminbarrelfull,

/media/scripts/Plastic Cans.txt
#HCDetergentanammonia=4,
 HCDetergentammonia=4,

Recipes not worked because "HCDynam ITEM k1" or something else. Items only. Icons name not important.
/media/scripts/Weapons Explosives.txt
#HCDynamitemk1
 HCDynamite_mk1
#HCDynamitemk2on
 HCDynamite_mk2on
#HCDynamitemk2off
 HCDynamite_mk2off
#HCDynamitemk3on
 HCDynamite_mk3on
#HCDynamitemk3off
 HCDynamite_mk3off
#ExplosionRange          	= 	0.1,
 ExplosionRange          	= 	2,
#HCTincan/HCCannedcornedbeefempty/HCCannedcornempty/HCCannedmushroomsoupempty/HCCannedpeasempty/HCCannedpotatoempty/HCCannedsardinesempty/HCCannedtomatoempty/HCCannedcarrotsempty/HCBeansempty/HCTinnedsoupempty/HCDogfoodempty/HCCannedbologneseempty/HCCannedchilitempty/HCCannedsoupclassicempty/HCCannedappleempty/HCCannedpearempty/HCCannedpeachempty/HCCannedgreenbeansempty/HCCannedmushroomsempty/HCCannedpumpkinempty/HCCannedcranberriesempty/HCCannedpineappleempty/HCCannedrefriedbeansempty,
 HCTincan/HCCannedcornedbeefempty/HCCannedcornempty/HCCannedmushroomsoupempty/HCCannedpeasempty/HCCannedpotatoempty/HCCannedsardinesempty/HCCannedtomatoempty/HCCannedcarrotsempty/HCBeansempty/HCTinnedsoupempty/HCDogfoodempty/HCCannedbologneseempty/HCCannedchiliempty/HCCannedsoupclassicempty/HCCannedappleempty/HCCannedpearempty/HCCannedpeachempty/HCCannedgreenbeansempty/HCCannedmushroomsempty/HCCannedpumpkinempty/HCCannedcranberriesempty/HCCannedpineappleempty/HCCannedrefriedbeansempty,

4 hours ago, leonhart18 said:

is there any way to modify hydrocraft recipes? trying to get it so silkworms can be fed with oak leaves as well, but changing the recipes in the scripts file changes literally nothing

You must be doing something wrong, I've changed recipes like that.

What exactly are you doing?

trying to add oak leaves to the recipe to feed silkworms. mulberry leaves are damn impossible to find even with two level 10 foragers doing literally nothing else

i changed it to 

recipe Feed Silkworm
    {
    HCSilkwom,
    HCMulberryleaf/HCOakleaves/HCMulberry,
    keep HCHerbtable,
    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,
    Result:HCSilkcocoon,
    NeedToBeLearn:true,
    Time:1000,
    Category:Ranching,
    }

but to no avail. i fiddled with other recipes as well, nothing changed in game even after a restart

foudn my issue. apparently workshop mod version are stored elsewhere. whoops

Edited by leonhart18
nvm

I would add Oak leaves to the main mod but as far as i can tell Silkworms only eat Mulberry leaves. Though some site say Osage Orange ( Oclura pomifera) and Tree-of-Heaven (Ailanthus altissima), which Hydrocraft doesn't have. As well as Red Beet leaves and possibly Lettuce leaves. Though the Lettuce leaves may e kill it some site say. In short i am sticking to just Mulberry leaves for now.

Edited by Hydromancerx

2 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

I would add Oak leaves to the main mod but as far as i can tell Silkworms only eat Mulberry leaves. Though some site say Osage Orange ( Oclura pomifera) and Tree-of-Heaven (Ailanthus altissima), which Hydrocraft doesn't have. As well as Red Beet leaves and possibly Lettuce leaves. Though the Lettuce leaves may e kill it some site say. In short i am sticking to just Mulberry leaves for now.

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Oak+Silkworms

Mongolian oaks are in Kentucky. (https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/trees/handbook/th-3-131.pdf)  after all. and there are over 70 various species of silkworm and their respective moths in north america. so genealogically  and geographically speaking....it inst much of a stretch to bundle oak and Mongolian oak leaves together as one item as silkworm food for this mod, since the various species of worm are lumped into a single critter anyways. 

Edited by leonhart18