ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

5 hours ago, RealNewDeal said:

Hey I know you're drowning in gun suggestions but the Manurhin MR73 would be a great revolver to have. It would be a high end revolver due to its .357 chambering and it's very high accuracy and durability. If you've read the history of the revolver and the comparisons to other revolvers you'll see what I mean. LifeSizePotato has a good video on it.

Put it on my list, I've heard of it, thanks for the reminder.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing mod dude, its real game changer!  Thanks a ton for all the work.  You have my appreciation and admiration. 

Questions:

What are your thoughts about suppressors/silencer in the game.  The silencer mod works as intended with your mod, but what do you think it does to the game balance/experience?  Do you use it (or not) in your games of PZ and why?  Is there any reason why you haven't added suppressors/silencers into your mod? 

What other mods do you use regularly in your playthru?  What are your favorite, must-have mods (aside from yours)? 

Thanks and keep up the great work!   I just discovered this game like last week, man its an amazing game!  I have been playing 7 days to die, thinking that it was the bees knees of zombie survival games, then I migrated to Cataclysm and realize the lack of depth and content in 7 days days to die (still a good game though, nothing like a fps bring you into the world, but the repetitive grindy nature of the crafting system really gets boring on multiple plays)... then I tried Project Zomboid and boy was I surprised at the depth and the timeless graphics.  I am loving the Romero style slow zombies instead of all the weird stuff in those other games.  Can't believe I took this long to get on board!   

7 hours ago, Garfink said:

Amazing mod dude, its real game changer!  Thanks a ton for all the work.  You have my appreciation and admiration. 

Questions:

What are your thoughts about suppressors/silencer in the game.  The silencer mod works as intended with your mod, but what do you think it does to the game balance/experience?  Do you use it (or not) in your games of PZ and why?  Is there any reason why you haven't added suppressors/silencers into your mod? 

What other mods do you use regularly in your playthru?  What are your favorite, must-have mods (aside from yours)? 

Thanks and keep up the great work!   I just discovered this game like last week, man its an amazing game!  I have been playing 7 days to die, thinking that it was the bees knees of zombie survival games, then I migrated to Cataclysm and realize the lack of depth and content in 7 days days to die (still a good game though, nothing like a fps bring you into the world, but the repetitive grindy nature of the crafting system really gets boring on multiple plays)... then I tried Project Zomboid and boy was I surprised at the depth and the timeless graphics.  I am loving the Romero style slow zombies instead of all the weird stuff in those other games.  Can't believe I took this long to get on board!   

Hey thanks!

Well, in terms of balance, it makes the game a bit easy. The power of guns is supposed to be offset by the fact it attracts zombies from all corners of the area to come running. It makes the game more fun when you are somewhat scared to use your gun, especially when you are not very good with them. That was the reason I didn't put them in myself. I would consider adding them if they deteriorated and became less useful when used.

In one of my next versions, I will be completely overhauling the modification system. At that point I will be adding in silencers that degrade.

I don't really use many mods anymore. Occasionally I use one of the good map mods, but they sometimes have killer glitches. I used to use Hydrocraft, but it has gotten too large and has too many things I don't care to have in my game now. It is what I call content bloat. Back before the game allowed furniture movement, I liked the mod that allowed you to build most furniture items.

Lol, I am very glad you found this game! It is awesome, the devs have done great work and I wish I had more time to play it

8 hours ago, Cloudrip11 said:

Just downloaded the mod again and tried it, tried one of the rifles and the weapon is invisible. Any good soul to help me? :)

Install the no3dpatch in the mod folder. I keep hoping the devs will beadding in the 3d model support since the demise of the ModelLoader, but no word yet.

15 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Hey thanks!

Well, in terms of balance, it makes the game a bit easy. The power of guns is supposed to be offset by the fact it attracts zombies from all corners of the area to come running. It makes the game more fun when you are somewhat scared to use your gun, especially when you are not very good with them. That was the reason I didn't put them in myself. I would consider adding them if they deteriorated and became less useful when used.

In one of my next versions, I will be completely overhauling the modification system. At that point I will be adding in silencers that degrade.

I don't really use many mods anymore. Occasionally I use one of the good map mods, but they sometimes have killer glitches. I used to use Hydrocraft, but it has gotten too large and has too many things I don't care to have in my game now. It is what I call content bloat. Back before the game allowed furniture movement, I liked the mod that allowed you to build most furniture items.

Lol, I am very glad you found this game! It is awesome, the devs have done great work and I wish I had more time to play it

Thanks for your insight!  I wrote mods for Skyrim, so I know I like this type of messages!  In fact, I made an account here just to thank you for your work!  Looking forward to your updates!

Hydrocraft is pretty amazing, I don't mind the bloat, but the game's interface obviously wasn't designed for such a larger inventory of crafting recipes and items and its super clunky to use and find anything.  It is nice to be able to do anything you can think of in the real world in-game.  I am currently using your mod within one of those server mods that decreases the mod spawns for some of the guns.  The mod I am using has silencers only for the couple of the glocks, which is pretty darn rare among all the other new guns... so it will be so satifying to find one one-day.  Silencers are game changing and I agree are totally OP. 

Are you ever going to integrate crossbows and bows into your mod?  Seems like a natural evolution, also eventually melee weapons and armor (once they implement it so you can actually see the darn armors!)  Or are you a Oregon Gun Guy only?

Edited by Garfink

19 hours ago, Garfink said:

Thanks for your insight!  I wrote mods for Skyrim, so I know I like this type of messages!  In fact, I made an account here just to thank you for your work!  Looking forward to your updates!

Hydrocraft is pretty amazing, I don't mind the bloat, but the game's interface obviously wasn't designed for such a larger inventory of crafting recipes and items and its super clunky to use and find anything.  It is nice to be able to do anything you can think of in the real world in-game.  I am currently using your mod within one of those server mods that decreases the mod spawns for some of the guns.  The mod I am using has silencers only for the couple of the glocks, which is pretty darn rare among all the other new guns... so it will be so satifying to find one one-day.  Silencers are game changing and I agree are totally OP. 

Are you ever going to integrate crossbows and bows into your mod?  Seems like a natural evolution, also eventually melee weapons and armor (once they implement it so you can actually see the darn armors!)  Or are you a Oregon Gun Guy only?

Hah! Be careful, you'll make my head to big to fit through the door. Seriously though, it means a lot, thank you.

That kind of makes sense as you would need a threaded barrel to even use a silencer, something I have been looking into doing as well. Some glocks come with threaded barrels, but in that vein they should have them for the FNP pistol as well among others.

I'm trying to avoid scope bloat, if and when I ever finish this gun mod, I may move into other sections of this game. Also, I think someone beat me to the punch with the crossbows. I can't speak for how good it is as I have not used it, but keep a look out for it. I am not sure if there would be much for me to do in that realm besides reinvent that modder's wheel. Crossbows don't have as many diverse mechanics as guns (at least I don't think so... but I'm not a xbow enthusiast).

I do feel bad sometimes as I don't have as much time to devote to this mod as when I started. I am chugging along but very slowly.

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Reblar said:n

Just wanted to praise you for making this amazing mod again. I still check in frequently to see how the progress is going.

Do you plan on/are you even capable of fixing the sound since the 3D sound was added?

There is a sound fix that someone else made for now. Not sure where you'll find it but have a look around.

2 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

I'm sorry guys, I haven't had time to work on this mod in quite a while... Life is busy right now.

I hope to get back to it soon.

All good my man, hope all is going well for you.

9 hours ago, Hicks said:

There is a sound fix that someone else made for now. Not sure where you'll find it but have a look around.

If you happen to come across it I'd appreciate it if you let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey good news everyone! I was quasi-successful in making the tooltip work for my next version of the mod (thanks to some hints from BlindCoder) so progress is rolling again finally! Woohoo!

The tooltip won't be as exciting as I first thought with small ammo images showing how much and what kind of ammo, but at least I will have the ammo count and next bullet type on there...

Hello. I'm here with trouble of the weapon spawn. PZ console telling me this

function: info -- file: ORGM.lua line # 12
java.lang.RuntimeException: Object tried to call nil in info
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:949)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1672)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:53)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:81)
        at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:37)
        at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:61)
        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1189)
        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1015)
        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:177)

2016-11-02_06-15-48.png

On 10/14/2016 at 11:27 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\766642173\mods\RED-Pak\media\lua\shared\ORGMSound.lua

That's the file I tried originally but it didn't seem to fix anything.

• 2 weeks later...