ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

6 hours ago, MicklePickle said:

Hey ORMtnMan, i was just wondering when the 1.25 update is coming out because i cannot wait for the fnp 45 :-D

Hah, be patient young padawan. I have a lot of work to do, and very little time in which to do it.

Rest assured I at least do a little work on the mod every day,

I want to see it as much as you do

Hi ORMtnMan! Very good modification! Faced at one problem - didnt see models. I read your answer about that problem, but i cant understand about "no3Dmodel patch", try to google it, but it didnt help. My knowledge about english language not so much.Can you help me, and answer with simple words about that "no3dModel patch" . I m really wont play with your mods(and Hydrocraft too),but without models its doesnt good :(

And another question: that mod can be use in MP(or Co-Op)

Very Thanks!

On 8/20/2016 at 9:22 PM, AWhite said:

Hi ORMtnMan! Very good modification! Faced at one problem - didnt see models. I read your answer about that problem, but i cant understand about "no3Dmodel patch", try to google it, but it didnt help. My knowledge about english language not so much.Can you help me, and answer with simple words about that "no3dModel patch" . I m really wont play with your mods(and Hydrocraft too),but without models its doesnt good :(

And another question: that mod can be use in MP(or Co-Op)

Very Thanks!

Hi AWhite,

The no3Dpatch is included in the mod zip file (or in the workshop folder if you use steam). you just drag the contents into the media folder and overwright.

Yes, as long as the server and anyone who wants to connect has the mod, it should work.

Hope that works for you!

Just found your mod highlight from a year ago:

Finally, what next for ORMtnMan’s Real Guns mod?

There is so much coming for ORGM, I am just having trouble finding time in recent weeks to get deep into coding! The things I am currently working on are a complete overhaul of the attachments system to allow for more, different kinds of attachments – and changing the reload system altogether to take from a table (an array, not a physical table) instead of a numerical figure. This will allow for magazines loaded with multiple ammo types.

Also, many more guns will be added. Further down the line I have other projects in mind, like ammo breakdown, ammo crafting, zipguns and placeable emplacement guns like heavy machineguns. Likewise belt-fed guns that are able to load from the ground – as long as it’s from a belt on the ground you can have long heavy belts without it weighing you down too much. And that’s just to name a few!

What we looking at currently for the next iteration?

6 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Hi AWhite,

The no3Dpatch is included in the mod zip file (or in the workshop folder if you use steam). you just drag the contents into the media folder and overwright.

Yes, as long as the server and anyone who wants to connect has the mod, it should work.

Hope that works for you!

Big thanks for you. It does work :).
When models of guns comeback in game?

5 hours ago, AWhite said:

Big thanks for you. It does work :).
When models of guns comeback in game?

I'm not sure, the developers are working on supporting it, but it is not as high a priority as the animations update. I am in contact with them about it though.

On 8/22/2016 at 8:52 PM, ORMtnMan said:

I'm not sure, the developers are working on supporting it, but it is not as high a priority as the animations update. I am in contact with them about it though.

Actually the IWBUMS version already has native model loading.

"Native model loading support for weapon mods"

16 hours ago, Queen Glory 2.0 said:

I haven't played the recent build of PZ yet, im waiting for the animations update to come back but is there a problem with the models? Dont you use Jabs for them?

Last I saw there was some drama that happened and Jab was removed from the forum, and his mods no longer supported.

7 minutes ago, TheGentleman said:

Actually the IWBUMS version already has native model loading.

"Native model loading support for weapon mods"

Last I saw there was some drama that happened and Jab was removed from the forum, and his mods no longer supported.

Yes, but the trouble is Jab's models don't seem to conform to TIS's spec, meaning that either TIS  has to write a loader for Jab's own format or release their tools to produce new models. It's kind of an unexpected PITA while trying to get the animation update out. :( We'll get there, it's just a disappointing blow for us all.

3 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Yes, but the trouble is Jab's models don't seem to conform to TIS's spec, meaning that either TIS  has to write a loader for Jab's own format or release their tools to produce new models. It's kind of an unexpected PITA while trying to get the animation update out. :( We'll get there, it's just a disappointing blow for us all.

I have faith :), dev supported tools would be awesome *hint hint*

30 minutes ago, Millitron said:

Hey ORMtnMan, any chance the spawns of your guns will be tweaked?

Many of your guns don't spawn anywhere, specifically the full auto ones.  Any chance we'll get them added to the police stations?

Are you playing online? Some servers like ours we blacklisted some of them like the m249.  

8 hours ago, Millitron said:

Hey ORMtnMan, any chance the spawns of your guns will be tweaked?

Many of your guns don't spawn anywhere, specifically the full auto ones.  Any chance we'll get them added to the police stations?

8 hours ago, Hicks said:

Are you playing online? Some servers like ours we blacklisted some of them like the m249.  

Yes, some servers have eliminated the auto guns (they got permission from me to do so) in the base mo in single player, they should show up in police stations and on dead zombies.

Build 35.12 IWBMS + STEAM server  (ORGM, mlmod, Hydrocraft, newdenver, phoenix)
hi, i download ORGM on steam,  but didn't work, i had to modify ORGMMods.txt to get mods working :

Diff  of %ORGM%/media/scripts/ORGMMods.txt:

line 9 --        Type        =    WeaponMods,

line 9 ++      Type        =    WeaponPart,
line 19 --          MountType   =   SD

Edited by arkahys

Hi ORMtnMan !

I know this was probably asked a lot but I don't seem to find an answer anywhere around here so here it is :

Is ORGM going to work once TIS release the animation overhaul? I read in a previous mondoid that they were going to improve the firearms side of the game with bayonets and such things so I was wondering whether that is going to break ORGM or not.

God I hope not.

Hey ORMtnMn,

I wanted to ask if you have any sort of issue tracker beyond just folks posting on the forum? From what I gathered reading through the thread you seem to be tracking on a few of the issues I've noticed but I wasn't sure if you had a running list or not. So if you're already aware of anything I mention I apologize.

1. If you find a select fire weapon, eject the mag and then switch the fire mode you can eject another mag. You can keep switching back and forth ejecting mags till you have as many as you want. It sounds as though you might already be fully aware of this one (and the fact that any upgrades/mods disappear when switching) but I figured I throw it out there anyway. Can't really offer much in the way of a suggested fix, not one that would be easy anyway. The current method of the full-auto and semi variants being two separate defined weapons is about the only way to do it since the game code as it stands doesn't appear to support a true semi-auto fire mode where you have to release the mouse button to fire again.

2. I did notice your todo list has weapon mod overhaul listed so again you may be tracking on this. The weapon stocks "Skeletal Stock" and "Collapsing Stock" are both defined as PartType = Sling where I assume they should be defined as PartType = Stock. Additionally, the "Recoil Pad" and "Fore Grip" (grip may be intentional I guess but it modifies recoil as well) are both defined as PartType = Canon instead of PartType = RecoilPad. I edited the file for my own game personally as the fix was simple which leads be to believe you are probably already aware of it.

Along with that, I noticed that the 6 WeaponPart types defined in the HandWeapon.class and the various methods surrounding them are fairly simple but I'm unsure of currently how easy/hard it is for mods to implement code changes. I was thinking adding a few more WeaponParts such as "LeftRail" "RightRail" and "BottomRail" would expand the system nicely but balance may become a problem with so many upgrades, if it's even doable at this point. I'm personally getting brushed back up on my programming skills in anticipation of modding the game but I'm still just getting my feet back under me and becoming familiar with the game so you'd know better than I if it's possible.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome mod and all the time you've poured into it. Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist!

On 9/3/2016 at 1:09 AM, Moss7 said:

Hi ORMtnMan !

I know this was probably asked a lot but I don't seem to find an answer anywhere around here so here it is :

Is ORGM going to work once TIS release the animation overhaul? I read in a previous mondoid that they were going to improve the firearms side of the game with bayonets and such things so I was wondering whether that is going to break ORGM or not.

God I hope not.

I don't think so, but if it does, I imagine the devs will make it a quick fix. Don't worry to much about htis one.

21 hours ago, PvtHopscotch said:

Hey ORMtnMn,

I wanted to ask if you have any sort of issue tracker beyond just folks posting on the forum? From what I gathered reading through the thread you seem to be tracking on a few of the issues I've noticed but I wasn't sure if you had a running list or not. So if you're already aware of anything I mention I apologize.

1. If you find a select fire weapon, eject the mag and then switch the fire mode you can eject another mag. You can keep switching back and forth ejecting mags till you have as many as you want. It sounds as though you might already be fully aware of this one (and the fact that any upgrades/mods disappear when switching) but I figured I throw it out there anyway. Can't really offer much in the way of a suggested fix, not one that would be easy anyway. The current method of the full-auto and semi variants being two separate defined weapons is about the only way to do it since the game code as it stands doesn't appear to support a true semi-auto fire mode where you have to release the mouse button to fire again.

2. I did notice your todo list has weapon mod overhaul listed so again you may be tracking on this. The weapon stocks "Skeletal Stock" and "Collapsing Stock" are both defined as PartType = Sling where I assume they should be defined as PartType = Stock. Additionally, the "Recoil Pad" and "Fore Grip" (grip may be intentional I guess but it modifies recoil as well) are both defined as PartType = Canon instead of PartType = RecoilPad. I edited the file for my own game personally as the fix was simple which leads be to believe you are probably already aware of it.

Along with that, I noticed that the 6 WeaponPart types defined in the HandWeapon.class and the various methods surrounding them are fairly simple but I'm unsure of currently how easy/hard it is for mods to implement code changes. I was thinking adding a few more WeaponParts such as "LeftRail" "RightRail" and "BottomRail" would expand the system nicely but balance may become a problem with so many upgrades, if it's even doable at this point. I'm personally getting brushed back up on my programming skills in anticipation of modding the game but I'm still just getting my feet back under me and becoming familiar with the game so you'd know better than I if it's possible.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome mod and all the time you've poured into it. Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist!

I was tracking the issues for a while on the front page of the forum, but I haven't added anything to that because I am completely changing some of the mechanics that were causing the issues.

That is one of the ones I am fixing, it was due to me switching calibers by switching out the guns. with a copy that takes new ammo. I am changing that mechanic altogether.

With the semi auto, you can still hold the mouse down by the way. (At least that was how it was last I played... It just fires slower to simulate this.

Again attachments are on my list of complete overhauls because the amount of attachment types supported by the game is limited, so I am making my own new system. You can't add new attachment types under the current system, I tried.... If you know different, let me know. I will also be adding a system in which you can add attachment points to weapons by adding rail systems and the like.

Well, thank you! and unless you want to take over the project from me, which some days feels like it would be a boon ;) I am one of those weird guys that when he is working on a project (like this) needs it to be his way.

On 9/4/2016 at 8:47 AM, ORMtnMan said:

Again attachments are on my list of complete overhauls because the amount of attachment types supported by the game is limited, so I am making my own new system. You can't add new attachment types under the current system, I tried.... If you know different, let me know. I will also be adding a system in which you can add attachment points to weapons by adding rail systems and the like.

Well, thank you! and unless you want to take over the project from me, which some days feels like it would be a boon ;) I am one of those weird guys that when he is working on a project (like this) needs it to be his way.

Well, I tried adding more attachment points via editing the HandWeapon.class adding a WeaponPart "Rail" and adding in the needed methods based off what the vanilla ones have and didn't have much luck. Granted, I'm rusty and it was a quick 30minute attempt so I may well have messed up somewhere but I didn't spend a lot of time looking into it because...lazy lol. Game acccepted the modified class just fine but I couldn't get the attachment (I just modified the ForeGrip from your mod to use the new slot) to take and it made weapon tooltips comeup blank.

As for the project, I'm in no way capable of carrying that torch lol. Also, not weird at all needing to do things your way. I have the same tendancy, which has made being a supervisor difficult as I don't delegate well, so completely understand where you're coming from there.

12 hours ago, PvtHopscotch said:

Well, I tried adding more attachment points via editing the HandWeapon.class adding a WeaponPart "Rail" and adding in the needed methods based off what the vanilla ones have and didn't have much luck. Granted, I'm rusty and it was a quick 30minute attempt so I may well have messed up somewhere but I didn't spend a lot of time looking into it because...lazy lol. Game acccepted the modified class just fine but I couldn't get the attachment (I just modified the ForeGrip from your mod to use the new slot) to take and it made weapon tooltips comeup blank.

As for the project, I'm in no way capable of carrying that torch lol. Also, not weird at all needing to do things your way. I have the same tendancy, which has made being a supervisor difficult as I don't delegate well, so completely understand where you're coming from there.

Well, it will take a complete change of the attachment code, because it only recognizes the base attachment types in it... so, much more would be involved... I will get there eventually.

Darn, I was hoping I could finally kick back and play this game ;)

Hey ORMtn, I just wanted to say congrats for this awesome mod that you have created! Its one of (if not the most) my favorite mods to add, since it adds a whole new perspective to the game itself

But, since I'm here already, I have a question: the modelloader provided by Jab, in most guns, spawns "weird" guns in their models, such as a M16 model for a M249. Is that meant to be, or the guns do have their own models to be loaded?

9 hours ago, Viilea said:

Hey ORMtn, I just wanted to say congrats for this awesome mod that you have created! Its one of (if not the most) my favorite mods to add, since it adds a whole new perspective to the game itself

But, since I'm here already, I have a question: the modelloader provided by Jab, in most guns, spawns "weird" guns in their models, such as a M16 model for a M249. Is that meant to be, or the guns do have their own models to be loaded?

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

So, that is because I am only one man and only had models provided by helpful mod users. So working with limited models, The m16 is closer to an M249 than any other model I had at the time.

At some point once I have more time I will try to get custom models for all of them.

Hey I know you're drowning in gun suggestions but the Manurhin MR73 would be a great revolver to have. It would be a high end revolver due to its .357 chambering and it's very high accuracy and durability. If you've read the history of the revolver and the comparisons to other revolvers you'll see what I mean. LifeSizePotato has a good video on it.