Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2.9.9.16 Unable to take water from rain barrels

12 posts in this topic

I don't see a bug report for this and no fix has been announced for .17, so I'm putting this here "officially".

Taking water from rain barrels seem to be broken in the .16 build. When you right click on a barrel after rain, the context menu shows "drink", "fill bottle" etc, but clicking that option does nothing. The menu stays on screen, as if you hadn't clicked.

The barrels might each be separate now (as promised), but I can't tell. Whether I have only one barrel or more, this bug occurs every time, rendering the barrels useless :cry:

(My crops are acting strange too, but the barrel issue seems more clear.)

Confirm.  Rainbarrels appear to collect rain due to the context menu options you get after it rains, but you are unable to select drink or fill any container from the right click context menu

Since I still wanted to use Build 16 for my current playthrough but really wanted my rain barrels to work I have stolen the fix from Build 17 and put it into build 16. If anyone is interested in doing the same you need to change these 3 files:

\media\lua\BuildingObjects\ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua

\media\lua\BuildingObjects\RainCollectorBarrel.lua

\media\lua\TimedActions\ISTakeWaterAction.lua

With these threes files:

\media\lua\TimedActions\ISTakeWaterAction.lua - 

\media\lua\BuildingObjects\ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua - 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxTMd8COEby4SDRHTFRrWnV1eDQ/edit?usp=sharing

All credit goes to Robert, I just copied his fix from build 17 :)

Enjoy.

Edit - I uploaded a wrong file, corrected now, would love it if someone could confirm this works now.
willow512 and GSC like this

Since I still wanted to use Build 16 for my current playthrough but really wanted my rain barrels to work I have stolen the fix from Build 17 and put it into build 16. If anyone is interested in doing the same you need to change these 3 files:

\media\lua\ISUI\ISContextMenu.lua

\media\lua\TimedActions\ISTakeWaterAction.lua

With these threes files:

All credit goes to Robert, I just copied his fix from build 17 :)

Enjoy.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar, thank you.

Thanks for this! I have tried putting these files into my build 16, but it didn't seem to fix the barrels. I'm having issues with them in the steam version as well, so it's probably a problem with my save. :/

Thanks for this! I have tried putting these files into my build 16, but it didn't seem to fix the barrels. I'm having issues with them in the steam version as well, so it's probably a problem with my save. :/

Sorry, looks like I had the wrong file in there, should have been ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua and not ISContextMenu.lua, would love it if you tried again and let me know?

Cheers,

Sam