Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

42 hour days..... That sounds tiresome :(

how about 12 :D

Any chance we might get a crawler revisit... I'm fine with the difficulty, hell, I was fine with the difficulty in .15 but atm if you "kill" a zombie on their feet, there is a 100% chance that they will turn into a crawler & the only way to put one down for good is to bash their brains in while they're on the ground

Yep. I'd love it if they only a 20-30% chance of being knocked down and converting into a crawler.

They're very managable right now, though.

It's weird because I haven't changed anything on that...

Baaah, will look into it today... Gosh, it's gonna be a long day, can't we make it 42h instead of 24h ?

I'm pretty sure its been that way since they were implemented.... essentially its as if every zombie has double the health & you cant kill them unless they're on the ground, no matter what weapon your using (Gun/Knife/Axe)

EDIT:

sometimes you can kill one with 2 swings but only with powerful weapons where the first swing was an instant kill & the second kills the crawler it turned into

Any chance we might get a crawler revisit... I'm fine with the difficulty, hell, I was fine with the difficulty in .15 but atm if you "kill" a zombie on their feet, there is a 100% chance that they will turn into a crawler & the only way to put one down for good is to bash their brains in while they're on the ground

Yep. I'd love it if they only a 20-30% chance of being knocked down and converting into a crawler.

Baaah, will look into it today... Gosh, it's gonna be a long day, can't we make it 42h instead of 24h ?

I don't think that it's 100% turn into crawlers, I think it's that 100% will reanimate at some point - and some of those turn into crawlers.  IOW, It seems like since 9.15 that a standing zombie has to go into fall-and-then-reanimate state before it can be killed (it can be killed once it gets back up, why I know not).  

In order to one shot kill a standing zombie using Lua, I had to setOnFloor(trueon the zombie to make it stick.  It didn't matter how much damage I was doing to the zombie it seemed (ie forcibly setting health to 0 had no effect).

Sorry, I should have been more specific.... There is a 100% chance that a zombie will turn into a "Fake Dead" on kill, which is why you essentially have to kill them twice.... "Fake Dead" being the state they are in when there is a chance that approaching them will "re-animate" them into crawlers

So if I may amend my original post. What I was suggesting was, not only, reducing the chance that a zombie will turn into a "Fake Dead" on kill but also remove the "Fake Dead" state altogether & make it a chance that a corpse will turn into a "crawler" on approach because "Fake Dead" zombies act like "Living Dead" zombies in that they cause panic & fade when the player isn't looking at them....

I still think it would be cool if there was a chance they could turn into crawlers on loot though.... :D

did you guys fix the crazy amount of hoards tht spawn no matter on what zombie amount setting you choose including non ppl said tht was fixed in .17 but it doesn't say

In standard survival mode, after about 1 month of in-game time, there are zillions of them everywhere. They also seem to form large groups in areas where you had fired a weapon. My guess is it's intentional, to ramp up the challenge and to keep us from settling down for too long.

no i mean this is on the low or the none setting in sandbox they still come out massivly on the second load of the game :cry:

With the right medications.

And I know you're well stocked.

I'm pretty sure its been that way since they were implemented.... essentially its as if every zombie has double the health & you cant kill them unless they're on the ground, no matter what weapon your using (Gun/Knife/Axe)

EDIT:

sometimes you can kill one with 2 swings but only with powerful weapons where the first swing was an instant kill & the second kills the crawler it turned into

You can kill (weakened) walkers with a melee, but they only seem to die from gunshots when they are on the ground (lying down or crawling). Shooting walkers gives you blood splatters and XP, but no corpses. Here's my bug report on this issue.

Ok I AM wrong about them turning into "Fake Dead" zombies when killed on the ground, but I'm still getting 100% of them turning into "Fake Dead" zombies when grounded at low health.... I was going to make another video but I seriously can't be arsed, It's going to take me half a day to do the editing alone not to mention uploading & whatnot....

(not to mention that .16 doesn't run stable on my PC & I'm not allowed to make video's otherwise...... ;))

EDIT:

and still think the best solution would be to remove the "Fake Dead" state altogether & give ANY corpse at ANY time a chance to turn into a crawler. (removing the weird aspects of crawlers & increasing their unpredictability)

Weird Aspects of Crawlers:-

• Zombies ALWAYS turn into "Fake Dead" zombies unless killed on the ground
  • "Fake Dead" zombies disappear when leaving the area then returning
  • "Fake Dead" zombies fade from vision when not being looked at
  • "Fake Dead" zombies can't be looted
  • "Fake Dead" zombies cause panic before they have turned into "Crawlers"

(anyone else seeing a pattern there.... :P)

"Fake Dead" zombies disappear when leaving the area then returning

They simply get up after a while. I've seen the empty blood-splattered fields and thought they had disappeared, but then I ran into suspiciously large hordes nearby. Then one time I finally saw them getting back up after lying around for a good long while (I went back just at the right time, I suppose).

Please stop double and triple posting.

The forum software handles multiple quotes just golly fine and has an edit feature for you to add new content to your posts, without bumping the thread.

Merging them isn't the highlight of my day.

awwwwe..... :(

most of them are replies & if I amended the original, it wouldn't get read.... but I will endeavour to keep the posts down in future :D

I think the "zombie to fallen state" and "zombie kill count going crazy" might be related.  I'm playing with a mod that instakills every time, and the kill count appears accurate.

LemmyWinks the gerbil king.... :P (southpark).... stated as such back in the .11 thread

we can look at rebalancing the difficulty to account for wandering zoms and such, but most of the other things you mention have gone completely unaltered.

the zombie kills count is a bug, as it's counting any zombies placed pre-dead into the world by mistake.

But given that RJ said it would be fixed for .16, I'd say there is something else going on there....

I'm only calling them "Fake Dead" zombies because that's what he called them in the .15 thread.... the "zombie fallen state" & "crawlers" are actually the same state, its just that a "crawler" begins as a "fake dead" zombie but only pursues the player after they "pounce"

You can actually see the zombie "twitch" when they change into a "fake dead/crawler".... I'm not sure if it was intentional but it's VERRY cool & I think should be the only way we can tell which corpses are going to pounce at us :D

I don't think it's just counting pre-dead/fallen/fakedeath zoms as kills, I think it might be counting them while they have been knocked into a fallen state.  I just had a 20 hour game where I "killed" 2,416 zombies.  That's way more than the count that I both knocked down and killed. But the instakill mod code I've used bypasses that state completely, and the count seemed accurate.

I don't think it's just counting pre-dead/fallen/fakedeath zoms as kills, I think it might be counting them while they have been knocked into a fallen state.  I just had a 20 hour game where I "killed" 2,416 zombies.  That's way more than the count that I both knocked down and killed. But the instakill mod code I've used bypasses that state completely, and the count seemed accurate.

Can you please upload the mod for the instakill. Because that insane zombie kill count is getting on my nerves.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or just alpha state game being being "alpha"; sometimes when i start game, after the intro passes the game won't start anymore, so i have to manually close it and restart again. To be honest that intro screen is pretty annoying in general although there is a skip button that appears afterwards.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or just alpha state game being being "alpha"; sometimes when i start game, after the intro passes the game won't start anymore, so i have to manually close it and restart again. To be honest that intro screen is pretty annoying in general although there is a skip button that appears afterwards.

This isn't support, but if the game fails to load past the Intro, your save could be corrupted, it could be incompatible with the version of the game you're playing (have you updated it since you last played), or it could be a installed mod (or the lack of an installed mod)

The intro screen is also the loading screen. It can be skipped the moment the game is ready to be played.

This isn't support, but if the game fails to load past the Intro, your save could be corrupted, it could be incompatible with the version of the game you're playing (have you updated it since you last played), or it could be a installed mod (or the lack of an installed mod)

The intro screen is also the loading screen. It can be skipped the moment the game is ready to be played.

This happens to me almost with every new fresh game i start (maybe 70% of the time). I always start a new game with each new build so i'm sure it's not my saved games neither any installed mods because I don't use any.

You are saying there is a mod to fix this perhaps?

This happens to me almost with every new fresh game i start (maybe 70% of the time). I always start a new game with each new build so i'm sure it's not my saved games neither any installed mods because I don't use any.

No.

Do you regularly erase the saved games in %username\zomboid? (C:\users\EG\zomboid, if you're on Windows)?

If not, you could be over-writing or loading old saves unintentionally.

No.

Do you regularly erase the saved games in %username\zomboid? (C:\users\EG\zomboid, if you're on Windows)?

Yes, I'm on Windows and I never touch that folder you mentioned, so is it better to erase my saved games there?

I've had the same prob, that sometimes the game wouldn't start after "This is how you died"... after a while I recognized, that the game is actually working, but needs more time to proceed (I minimized the game and recognized that the console is working)... I waited a bit and... TADA... the game started after about a minute.

Maybe it's the same in your case.

No.

Yes, I'm on Windows and I never touch that folder you mentioned, so is it better to erase my saved games there?

Yes.

I've noticed that after a certain threshold, the counter begins to work normally for me.

I'm at "17180" zombie kills, but ever since I've hit that number, it doesn't jump in number every kill like it usually would if I have the character window up, but it will instead count it normally.

This is .16.