Question About Fall Damage

So I was thinking of new ways to defend my base using ways to slow down zombies when I came up with a good idea but I need a little knowledge before I put it into practice. So my question is; do zombies take fall damage? Because my idea is to surround my base with stairs facing towards my base with windows at the top. I would place sheet ropes at these windows so while I would safely climb down, the zombies would climb through them and just fall straight down and die. Would this work?

I think that realistically if this did work it should just cause them to become crawlers.  A fall would not kill the zombies except in rare cases.

i agree with this because ''realistically'' (if the virus is in their brains, probably) they would just become crawlers because they didn't take head damage or in rare occasions they would actually fall on their heads :P .

Would be cool if they go crawler after falling. If they break the fall on their legs if would take a tremendous drop to actually 'kill' a zombie if you don't consider lower extremities as affecting health. Would be interesting to see how the devs approach this.

I doubt a zombie could fall from 3-4 floors and still be effective.  Even if the brain hasn't been destroyed in the fall, there is a high chance that a number of bones would be broken (legs,knees, hands, wrists, arms etc) which would prevent the zombie from moving or getting up.  They're dead so the body can't repair itself.

Just looked it up, a human sized object hits max velocity from 1500 feet (approx. 450 meters). Which means to splatter a zombie would require about 125 story building. Don't think pz supports buildings that high.

However that is assuming that terminal velocity would need to be reached before splattering would occur, which is not the case.

Archived