Server went Public on it's own

KarenB88

Very weird. My server, New Dawn RP, randomly went on the Public server list without me putting it there. I checked the server settings file and Public is set to "false", yet somehow it's there. Anyone know why that might be?

My server is hosted on Fragnet, no idea if the problem is due to something on that end, so asking here to make sure.

Very weird. My server, New Dawn RP, randomly went on the Public server list without me putting it there. I checked the server settings file and Public is set to "false", yet somehow it's there. Anyone know why that might be?

My server is hosted on Fragnet, no idea if the problem is due to something on that end, so asking here to make sure.

Hmm, you sure your server isn't hosted on Skynet?

I'm sure it's hosted on Fragnet, and I know for a fact that it's mine. The player slot amount matches, and it's one of the reasons I write - people are having a hard time getting into the server, because the players slots fill up too quickly when it's on public. So I'd rather keep it off for now, at least until I can get more slots. :)

So right now I'm checking if the problem is on this end, or if it's somewhere else, like my host.

So, I had Fragnet remove the PublicName and PublicDescription entirely from the serverPZ.ini and somehow the server is still on Public. It's so strange. There's got to be a way to get it off of Public again but I really don't know how.

I could, though I don't like whitelists a lot. However, seems it won't be necessary. :) After soft-resetting my server for the first time, the server went off public. I'm not sure why that did the trick, but hey, it works so I won't complain :D