Yet again, another port forwarding question

daorkboypl

First, try making sure the port is actually closed while you are actively hosting a PZ server. If the port returns as open while your server is running, then you have a totally more annoying problem than opening your port.

If it is closed while you are running your server, then try opening it while you're connected to a PZ server, or if that is impossible due to your ports being closed, then try doing it while hosting the PZ server. Either way, run PZ as admin when you do it.

The problem is obviously your router is a piece of shit that gives vague, bullshit error messages.

This is a quick question (I guess). When I try to port forwarding using the Minecraft port (25565)  attachicon.gifScreenshot (9).png  it all work perfectly fine, but when I try using the PZ port (16261) attachicon.gifScreenshot (7).png it say:

attachicon.gifScreenshot (8).png

Someone please explain this to me:

not entirely sure what the error is about but it might have to do with the fact that you're missing some key parts; just opening port 16261 won't get your server working. You need to at least open 16261 and 16262. That'll make 1 slot in the server. When you log in as admin for example, the server will assign you the port 16262 to retrieve data from the server. Also, the PZ server uses a UDP protocol when it begins to listen on port 16261. There is no need to open your ports from your firewall. Port Forwarding from your router should do the trick.

The thing is I am familiar with this yet none guides worked for me :(

Short of someone coming along who has the same type of router, I don't see this getting resolved. Something is incorrect in the information I guess, I would wager it has to do with what you set the IP's to be, but that's mere speculation.

This is a quick question (I guess). When I try to port forwarding using the Minecraft port (25565)  attachicon.gifScreenshot (9).png  it all work perfectly fine, but when I try using the PZ port (16261) attachicon.gifScreenshot (7).png it say:

attachicon.gifScreenshot (8).png

Someone please explain this to me:

You try to open only default port for server "16261". Server need first 16261 +1 for every player. For example local/external start 16261 - 16291 (+30 players).

I have got errors from provider few days ago. I have opened ports and nothing happens. The problem was, that i had IPv6 and portforwarding works only with IPv4.

So, if I want the server for me and a friend, will I need to open 16261 and 16261, or 16261, 16262, 16263?

You should start to open with 16261, then for you+1 = 16262 > for your friend again +1 16263 .

So for you and your friend +2 ports to 16261, have to open 16261 till 16263.

I have for me 16261 to 16300, this means my server will accept 38 players. Because first player will connect with 16262 port.