Multiplayer Town (Need Someone To Host Server)

magnum2016

So i wanted to give a update on whats going on

• We are still waiting for Build 28 to be released
  • I believe i have gotten a pretty solid server, i will not be giving out his name yet however but i will say that he will be an great server admin.
  • I have been talking to alot of players who have signed up for the town and we have pretty much set up i will probably be updating the original post tomorrow or on Saturday.
  • The Kentucky National Guard has agreed to participate in the town :D

Some Info On The Server

Now i would like everyone to understand this server will not be capable of holding 40 players on at one time in fact its limit will be anywhere between 14-24 people on at one time.

Before you all go "What the hell the town is suppose to have 40 members" yes the town is suppose to have 40 members but i expect only 8-14 members will be on at the daily high of the server.

The server will also have occasional lag during the height of the server but i can promise everyone the server will still be 100% playable during the daily high and the lag will not be bad at all.

We need a forum

The Town will be having its very own forum where members can talk about the politics of the town and it is also where council members will pass laws.

However i would not consider myself one of the best suited players to create the forum due to my lack of knowledge in that area, so if you believe you can create a forum please contact me!

If you do create the forum you will get to be part of the council for the first term (1-2 Weeks IRL)

Need More Council Members

You read that correctly! I still need more council members for the first term so if you are interested please message me.

Understandable, it is far. But that would make it a safer location and the scavenge hunts and raids will be more interesting.

And the player made city is great. But for role play reasons it didn't make sense to why they would pick somewhere empty. Survivors will go to somewhere already with shelter and walls to protect them.

Plus the train station will make a great starting point of the story. They where on the trains and this is where the train stopped. A group of survivors leave then train and begin surviving.

Well the main thing about the town is i want it close enough to town to allow easy access to loot as well as easy access for players to get to the town or atleast meet us midway, because the main goal of the town will be to continue to get more and more members and manage to survive. 

And you do have a point, however almost any region that has buildings will contain hordes of infected, so even though it will be difficult to build the town (The original town will be built before the server is released, this will only contain the wall and about 4 buildings however.) it will be worth it due to the fact that infected will not really be a large issue. (Also one of the big things about the town is the fact that it will be made by players to make players become more in depth with the roleplay.

Also keep in mind the "Town" will have alot of small safehouses scattered all around that will be barricaded and safe, they will be used for meeting survivors etc.

Welcome to the club Roo :)

7-25-2014- NOTICE: this server will be whitelisted once released. If you're interested, you can reserve a spot by sending me a private message with an username and password. I'll be posting any usernames I get on here so people know what's already taken. The guideline for picking your username is very simple: only full first and last names (e.g. Jason Booney, doesn't have to be your real name ofc), nicknames (e.g. lil J), or roleplay based professions (i.e. Lone Survivor/ Farmer). No numbers or symbols (e.g. punctuation, underscore, slash...etc.).

Wait, you want to build a town INSIDE of a town? You shouldn't even consider building anything near already present structures, it would make the town in its first days susceptible to grievers and freshly spawned players who have nothing to lose.

Build it far away from civilization so raiders are less likely to travel there just to grief. And those that do make the journey are either well intentioned or determined trolls, who do seem to bring interesting things in motion.

The idea was for the town to be 100% player made, if this is true, then non-player made structures are out.

This place? It has nice ground and in the middle of crossroads. 

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?#0.3225763093606604,0.2033975000257894,32

Well if we were to use that location we could just instead use

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?#0.30772889114348795,0.18221233649532648,92.16000000000003

The main thing people are misunderstanding is the fact that the town needs to be near the city so we would be capable of looting,

You stated you wanted no pre-made buildings. And the one I posted looks like it would be a perfect place to trade and pick up survivors in the eyes of roleplay, and easier  to make sectors for the town.

And honestly, It will just take  a couple of minutes to walk up that road. to the town.

It is not the issue of instructions but the fact that the location is far away, which will cause some players to not be capable of reaching it also we already ran a poll and location 3 won so i have already been making design plans for the town itself. 

Now if i get five people asking for me to update the Original Post then i will update it with alot more information