Craft Helper 1.2

Omegapl

I read through the code, the problem is that the return value of getSource():get(x) here

local itemString = allRecipes:get(i):getSource():get(j):getType();

is of class Source which no longer contains the function getType() an also no longer the attribute type that it used to return.

I don't think this is trivial to fix.

Now Source:getItems() is used, it returns an ArrayList of 1 or more item types.

local recipe = getAllRecipes():get(0)local source = recipe:getSource():get(0)local itemType = source:getItems():get(0)

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'attribute type' though.

I read through the code, the problem is that the return value of getSource():get(x) here

local itemString = allRecipes:get(i):getSource():get(j):getType();

is of class Source which no longer contains the function getType() an also no longer the attribute type that it used to return.

I don't think this is trivial to fix.

Now Source:getItems() is used, it returns an ArrayList of 1 or more item types.

local recipe = getAllRecipes():get(0)local source = recipe:getSource():get(0)local itemType = source:getItems():get(0)

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'attribute type' though.

I meant "String type;" which was what got returned by "getType();" :-)

Do you think just using getItems():get(0) is alright? One should iterate over the getItem() array, no?

• 3 months later...

Hi all, and thanks for keeping this mod alive! I agree its more hand than alt-tabing on the wiki, and usefull with mods!

So here's the thing, it just doesnt seems to work at all, even on a modless install, verified gamecache, everytime i click on the crafting menu it doesnt show up and get me an error (redbox in the corner)

So, if you need the console log i can post it

P.S. Used on the latest version of zomboid (32.4 i believe?)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/1/2016 at 5:18 AM, Omegapl said:

sorry guys for not replying.

I stopped developing this mod becouse devs added basicly the same thing into the main game.

I can reactivate this mod if you think it still has use. :)

I would really like to be still able to use this mod, I found it more useful than the new crafting menu due to being able to use the context menu on an item to find what it is used in.

• 6 months later...
On 1/31/2016 at 11:18 AM, Omegapl said:

sorry guys for not replying.

I stopped developing this mod becouse devs added basicly the same thing into the main game.

I can reactivate this mod if you think it still has use. :)

You should for sure bring this back for 35+. This would be so useful in Hydrocraft and just vanilla. the crafting menu is way to full, being able to check items to see what they build is 10x better than searching for it in the crafting menu. even a menu that shows you what you can build starting from what you do have, what you almost have, what you dont have at all would be super helpful. 

Edited by Absinith

• 4 weeks later...
On 12.12.2016 at 11:42 PM, Absinith said:

being able to check items to see what they build is 10x better than searching for it in the crafting menu. even a menu that shows you what you can build starting from what you do have, what you almost have, what you dont have at all would be super helpful. 

+1

would be really nice to have an easy way to see what you can build with an item - or maybe in addition what use it might have ingame -  (especially with Hydrocraft but also Vanilla) - it also would help to see, which items don't have a use atm and maybe someone might find a good way to make them useful in a mod

maybe you should only see the information when you already know the recept/blueprint of it's crafting use but that's an other can of worms...

would be nice to have something like it again :)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I managed to get it working with build 36. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ley9m9g8t84x3ld/CraftHelper.zip

The crafthelper context menu works fine, to find all recipes for an item in inventory/container, as well as indicating what you have/dont have to complete the recipe. EDIT: The book on the HUD is working. But if you have mods like hydrocraft with a ton of recipies like me... opening it is painfully slow. 

I got a weird error on line #237 on ISUI\ISRichTextPanel.lua where "self.text" was being treated as a table, instead of a string for some odd reason. I gave up trying to find where it was doing it on crafthelper side, so added a tostring() to that line, which fixed it, and added ISUI\ISRichTextPanel.lua to the mod to override the PZ one. I mention this as an FYI, that any future PZ builds that change that file could cause problems. 

There were some significant changes made to to fix the mod, to compensate for how the PZ java now deals with how recipes and items relate. 

Edited by ddraigcymraeg

Crap, I should have read this thread properly, since this looks like an older version of craft helper that I modded. If/when I get time, I will look into updating v1.5g version, not unless someone else wants to do it, and see my code changes. I think this version nonetheless has what is essentially different between craft helper and the vanilla crafting windows (looking up available recipes and what is needed/not needed from items in inventory/containers) . The extra features added to newer versions seem to be incorporated in the vanilla version. 

Edited by ddraigcymraeg