Cant update :/

Izaakh

Question

Hi guys, i bought project zomboid a while ago (arround build 17 i guess) and i have'nt been playing for some time now, and when i tried to update to the latest build, well i just couldnt heh...

I bought it with google whatever and now i have the game on desura but whatever i try (delete whole game download desura version, zip version on various places) i just cant get rid of build 17....

i play on windows 7 and i suppose that problem might be related to the security that applies to files under Program Files (x86) since most of my problems come from here but i cant put my finger on the exact problem since i have approximately no knowledge of anything about how to fix game problems :D.

anyway i know the info i gave here might be insufficient to help you help me so ask for anything that's missing here i'll be glad to answer.

2 answers to this question

Builds beyond build 17 are unfortunately not available on Desura so far.

If you don't want to wait for the next stable build, go here:

desura.com/games/project-zomboid/keys

Grab the Alpha Steam Key and activate it on Steam.

Once PZ is in your Steam Library, right click it and select "Properties" from the context menu. Navigate to the "Betas" tab and select "beta" from the dropdown without entering a codeword. 

Then let it update (by starting the game; it should prompt you to either update or play).

well, right now i'm updating steam cause i havent used it in a zillion years so i havent tried out yet but thanks for the reply (so fast ^^)

will edit when everything worked out :D.

EDIT : Ok everything is good ! thanks a lot man.

Archived