Spray Paint Mod v2.41a

Thuztor

For some reason it's not working for me. The spraycans get equiped like they should and I can move the ghosttiles around, but when I "place" a sprayitem nothing happens. The Ghosttile remains where I clicked, even if I start walking around. It vanishes only when I right click again. Sometimes my char starts walking to the place he was supposed to spray something after the second right click that makes the Ghosttile disappear.

I found a reference to luautils.lua and that file is in the RKFmod, too. Maybe there is some change of code in there that is conflicting?!

For some reason it's not working for me. The spraycans get equiped like they should and I can move the ghosttiles around, but when I "place" a sprayitem nothing happens. The Ghosttile remains where I clicked, even if I start walking around. It vanishes only when I right click again. Sometimes my char starts walking to the place he was supposed to spray something after the second right click that makes the Ghosttile disappear.

I found a reference to luautils.lua and that file is in the RKFmod, too. Maybe there is some change of code in there that is conflicting?!

Can you try this version: https://oc.anderdonau.de/public.php?service=files&t=d6052d142f0ec7e790397d769db92104

Hi I did try this version. Didn't work. But my PZ is acting weird lately. For example I use canning mod but can't put apples, carrots or oranges in cans, but still can put corn or broccoli in cans. Will redownload PZ now.

BTW I made a necroforge support based on a file you made for some other mod:

Events.OnGameStart.Add( function ()	if NecroList then		if NecroList.Items.SpraycanWhite then				else			NecroList.Items.SpraycanWhite = {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Spraycan White", "spraypaint.SpraycanWhite", "Item_TZ_Spraycan_White", nil, nil, nil};		end		if NecroList.Items.SpraycanRed then				else			NecroList.Items.SpraycanRed = {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Spraycan Red", "spraypaint.SpraycanRed", "Item_TZ_Spraycan_Red", nil, nil, nil};		end		if NecroList.Items.SpraycanBlue then				else			NecroList.Items.SpraycanBlue = {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Spraycan Blue", "spraypaint.SpraycanBlue", "Item_TZ_Spraycan_Blue", nil, nil, nil};		end		if NecroList.Items.SpraycanGreen then				else			NecroList.Items.SpraycanGreen = {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Spraycan Green", "spraypaint.SpraycanGreen", "Item_TZ_Spraycan_Green", nil, nil, nil};		end		if NecroList.Items.SpraycanOrange then				else			NecroList.Items.SpraycanOrange = {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Spraycan Orange", "spraypaint.SpraycanOrange", "Item_TZ_Spraycan_Orange", nil, nil, nil};		end		if NecroList.Items.SpraycanYellow then				else			NecroList.Items.SpraycanYellow = {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Spraycan Yellow", "spraypaint.SpraycanYellow", "Item_TZ_Spraycan_Yellow", nil, nil, nil};		end		if NecroList.Items.SpraycanViolet then				else			NecroList.Items.SpraycanViolet = {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Spraycan Violet", "spraypaint.SpraycanViolet", "Item_TZ_Spraycan_Violet", nil, nil, nil};		end		if NecroList.Items.SpraycanBlack then				else			NecroList.Items.SpraycanBlack = {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Spraycan Black", "spraypaint.SpraycanBlack", "Item_TZ_Spraycan_Black", nil, nil, nil};		end		if NecroList.Items.SpraycanCyan then				else			NecroList.Items.SpraycanCyan = {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Spraycan Cyan", "spraypaint.SpraycanCyan", "Item_TZ_Spraycan_Cyan", nil, nil, nil};		end	end		-- add garbage bag	--if NecroList then		--if NecroList.Items.Garbagebag then				--else			--print("Adding garbage Mybags to necro list");			--NecroList.Items.Garbagebag = {"Carpentry", nil, nil, "Garbage bag", "Base.Garbagebag", "Item_Garbagebag", nil, nil, nil};			-- NecroList.Items.radio = {"Carpentry", nil, nil, "radio", "Recycling.Radio", "Item_DVDplayer", nil, nil, nil};		--end		--endend)

Hi I did try this version. Didn't work. But my PZ is acting weird lately. For example I use canning mod but can't put apples, carrots or oranges in cans, but still can put corn or broccoli in cans. Will redownload PZ now.

BTW I made a necroforge support based on a file you made for some other mod:

Cool, I'll add them for the next tarball then :)

What about the garbage bags there?

It seems that working vs. not working is very different between users. If you can provide your Zomboid\console.txt of a game where you tried and it didn't work that would certanily help debugging.

The garbage bags are just an example how to code an item to add that was in the original file. I've kept it as a reference.

After redownloading PZ and leaving it in the original steamfolder this time^^ the bug persists. The only mods I have activated are necroforge and the spraycanmod from your link above.

I deleted the whole PZ folder, that I had moved to E:/ before (zomboid folder where mods are left intact), deleted console.txt and made a new blank console.txt. Redownloaded PZ via steam and started the game with the ProjectZomboid64.exe. Sandbox with no zombies, abundant loot and 2 hours day. Profession firefighter, strong, and... I think shortsighted, the "gets drunk fast" and "bad hearing" traits. Added Black spraycan to inventory via Necroforge after I found no cans in the house I spawned. BTW I took a baseballbat and equiped it first. Tried spraying a black cross in the house and another symbol outside on the street.

Bug was again: Ghosttile shows up after spraycan gets equiped, I leftclick where I want it but nothing happens. The ghosttile stays where I click, but if I walk there the ghosttile is floating "above" the charackter. When I rightclick anywhere again, the ghosttile vanishes and the charackter walks to the place where the ghosttile was. but nothing else happens.

After I tried that I quit to main menu and closed the game from mainmenu.

Console.txt follows in next post

Goddammit I think it's too much text for the forum to handle.... attached console.txtconsole.txt as file

The garbage bags are just an example how to code an item to add that was in the original file. I've kept it as a reference.

After redownloading PZ and leaving it in the original steamfolder this time^^ the bug persists. The only mods I have activated are necroforge and the spraycanmod from your link above.

I deleted the whole PZ folder, that I had moved to E:/ before (zomboid folder where mods are left intact), deleted console.txt and made a new blank console.txt. Redownloaded PZ via steam and started the game with the ProjectZomboid64.exe. Sandbox with no zombies, abundant loot and 2 hours day. Profession firefighter, strong, and... I think shortsighted, the "gets drunk fast" and "bad hearing" traits. Added Black spraycan to inventory via Necroforge after I found no cans in the house I spawned. BTW I took a baseballbat and equiped it first. Tried spraying a black cross in the house and another symbol outside on the street.

Bug was again: Ghosttile shows up after spraycan gets equiped, I leftclick where I want it but nothing happens. The ghosttile stays where I click, but if I walk there the ghosttile is floating "above" the charackter. When I rightclick anywhere again, the ghosttile vanishes and the charackter walks to the place where the ghosttile was. but nothing else happens.

After I tried that I quit to main menu and closed the game from mainmenu.

Console.txt follows in next post

Goddammit I think it's too much text for the forum to handle.... attached console.txtattachicon.gifconsole.txt as file

Well, fuck me gently with a chainsaw... I have found the error!

See, it never happened for me, because I always carry around a Hammer. And new building mods that explicitly don't require a Hammer now need to set the option noNeedHammer = true.

So you can either go into the file Zomboid/mods/spraypaint/media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/tag.lua and add the line

o.noNeedHammer = true;

into the function Tag:new or download the new version here:

https://oc.anderdonau.de/public.php?service=files&t=3fc0397016d7d53866e3f96089f74404

Have fun :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Loving this mod so far, last version works well with build 29.

My only gripe with it was that I kept finding too much of those (about 6-8 per house on average), so I altered the loot chances in spraypaint/media/lua/server/Items/spraypaint_suburbsdistribution.lua, all from 1/2 to 0.01 and only findable in crates, metal shelves and garagestorage, now I find one every 3-4 houses, which feels just fine.

The script :

-- WHITEtable.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanWhite");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanWhite");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanWhite");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, 0.01);--REDtable.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanRed");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanRed");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanRed");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, 0.01);--BLUEtable.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanBlue");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanBlue");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanBlue");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, 0.01);--GREENtable.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanGreen");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanGreen");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanGreen");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, 0.01);--ORANGEtable.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanOrange");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanOrange");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanOrange");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, 0.01);--YELLOWtable.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanYellow");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanYellow");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanYellow");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, 0.01);--VIOLETtable.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanViolet");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanViolet");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanViolet");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, 0.01);--CYANtable.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanCyan");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanCyan");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanCyan");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, 0.01);--BLACKtable.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanBlack");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanBlack");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, 0.01);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, "spraypaint.SpraycanBlack");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["garagestorage"]["all"].items, 0.01);

My only gripe with it was that I kept finding too much of those (about 6-8 per house on average), so I altered the loot chances in spraypaint/media/lua/server/Items/spraypaint_suburbsdistribution.lua, all from 1/2 to 0.01 and only findable in crates, metal shelves and garagestorage, now I find one every 3-4 houses, which feels just fine.

The script :

Sounds reasonable to me, and I agree that there were waay too many of them. I've included the new distribution locally and will soon upload a new tar with this included.

• 2 weeks later...

The script :

Sounds reasonable to me, and I agree that there were waay too many of them. I've included the new distribution locally and will soon upload a new tar with this included.

I'm not sure if it works well after the last update. I mean, so far i can see, those signs anr not seen by other players. Also i'm getting this:

-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------Callframe at: getSpecificPlayerfunction: onSpray -- file: spraypaintMenu.lua line # 95function: Add -- file: keys.lua line # 73no pipe on right clickno barrel on right clickNo valid door to open.no pipe on right clickno barrel on right click

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yep the mod has been outdated for a long time now

Not at all. Until the last maj (30), he worked. ( But the main post is outdated ok, u have to pick the last link of the topic.)

Btw at the monment, spray can are in game but unable to use.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to draw an X. But a Circle and Triangle work as well as many o the arrows and special symbols.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.)

Sorry for that one, I needed to get it out of my system because that is SUCH A FSCKING STUPID BUG!

Here, thy this version: https://oc.anderdonau.de/public.php?service=files&t=e75f4689e3cdaa4f7a3fbe640190d91a

• 2 months later...

Sorry for necromancing this thread.
I really like this mod but it doesn't work with the latest version :(
If I click on the colour after i've chosen the symbol, nothing happens, except that the can will be equipped in the secondary slot.
The menu stays open and no symbol appears on the ground.

Can anyone help me? (Perhaps someone fixed it on his own or there is a similiar mod out there?)
With the latest version I started playing this game again after a longer break. And this mod helps me to get some system in my game.
Thanks in advance :)

Edit: I've used the last link of Blindcoder

• Thuztor changed the title to Spray Paint Mod v2.41a