Server cannot start up again after closing it. (Unable to continue server save)

Ronarch

Question

My server cannot start up again after closing. 

The message is as below.

The last line is "Press any key to continue"

Of course after I press any key, the box simply closes and so does the server.

I can only start up a new server if I have deleted the "servertest" folder in the "multiplayer" folder.

But it only start up at first time. I close the server after my friends and I spend some time on it.

Next time when I re-open the server, the error occurs.

I don't know if this matters or not, but I find the problem arose after I used the map Bedford Falls V.2 for the server. (But it was okay with V.1). Maybe it is just not relevant.

Can anyone tell me by understanding the messages shown in the server box?

Thanks very much for any advice.

servererror.jpg

16 answers to this question

Hey thanks a lot Alice,

My friends and I have stuck with the v.1 map as no save can be made with the v.2.

I've little knowledge of java programming so... I will appreciate very much if you can tackle the problem.

The below is the image when I could normally successfully launch a server.

The difference I see is when it failed, it has a line

"Exception in thread "main" java.nio.BufferUnderflowException at" ......

Any idea what it means and how it could be solved?

serversuccess.jpg

Fresh server, nothing custom, B26 +Hotfix+BF V2.

I spoke to other admins, you can ignore the first error btw, the "45.33" one.

/edit

It`s part of B26 it seems :) It`s a problem with B26 and BF V2 (maybe even Linux specific) imho.

Server was working great, BF V2 loaded, i can walk from  / to Muldraugh, all good. Then 1 restart ! and this :

Loading world...tiledef: loading media/tiledefinitions.tilestiledef: loading media/newtiledefinitions.tilesjava.io.EOFException        at zombie.iso.IsoLot.readInt(IsoLot.java:66)        at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.Create(IsoMetaGrid.java:568)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1010)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:156)45, 33Exception in thread "main" java.nio.BufferUnderflowException        at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Buffer.java:498)        at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.getInt(HeapByteBuffer.java:355)        at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.load(IsoMetaGrid.java:329)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1030)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:156)

My hair is on fire!, must investigate.

AliceCooper, i didnt use the hotfix file they uploaded when i redid mine, i was getting that error also with the hotfix. i believe the hotfix was pushed thru to steam so if you just use the latest iwillbackupmysave from steam without the hotfix download youll have blood, rain, and everything and that error will go away.

I will check but how do i prevent it from using the hotfix? I thought it was included with B26 (iwillbackupmysave branch) ?

When I reinstall a server I use this atm, so i assume it includes B26 + Hotfix?

./steamcmd.sh +login steamusername steampassword "+app_update 108600 -beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword iaccepttheconsequences" validate +exit

I think I need some serious sleep lol!

i was reading it as you were adding the hotfix in after you installed from steam, because they posted hotfix files on the forums earlier.

if your just using the steam files by themselfs then im not sure, i had the same issues as you but it was cause i installed the hotfix from the link on the forums after installing thru steam.

and your on linux and im on windows....

According to this post the hotfix is on steam by now. I got the same error, but I´m using Dreadwood.

And according to EasyPickins the error below is due to a error while reading the cell with the coords named after error itself. I think this is the culprit.

java.io.EOFException        at zombie.iso.IsoLot.readInt(IsoLot.java:66)        at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.Create(IsoMetaGrid.java:568)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1010)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:156)45, 33

I posted my setup for Dreadwood in this thread. I´m running Ubuntu 12.4 x64bit on my server, a transition to Windows isn´t possible (running a bunch of other stuff too).

Managed to solve all errors but now stuck with this (above) error, server loads but it crashes after a while (server starting with an error cant be good).

When i remove the BF map files, this error no longer occurs, it starts after copying the new BF V2 files to the server.

No idea what to do with this one, about to give up.

According to this post the hotfix is on steam by now. I got the same error, but I´m using Dreadwood.

And according to EasyPickins the error below is due to a error while reading the cell with the coords named after error itself. I think this is the culprit.

java.io.EOFException        at zombie.iso.IsoLot.readInt(IsoLot.java:66)        at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.Create(IsoMetaGrid.java:568)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1010)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:156)45, 33

I posted my setup for Dreadwood in this thread. I´m running Ubuntu 12.4 x64bit on my server, a transition to Windows isn´t possible (running a bunch of other stuff too).

Yeah, glad we can ignore the 45,33. I do NOT see the error when using B26 (with and without hotfix) and running the default map.

Thxs Doctor Cox :)

The error after that one remains on Linux machines. You can start the server once (next restart it`s broken for good).

Running Windows 2008 R2 now, all errors gone when using the BF V2 map (except for the 45 one).

It sounds like you've both found the source of your problem and solved it: that map.

I think so yeah, server will run for a while but then crashes (map no longer loading for people etc). But other servers seem to run B26 + BF V2 without problems..

/lost

I am running window server, 

But I have problem only when the server is running with BF v.2 map, even when it was build 25b.

Build 25b, 26, or before or after hotfix, I cannot run BF v.2 map properly. 

Only good with v.1.

When I leave the server running (with the error @ startup). It will run for 2-3 hours with 10-20 people on it, after a while tiles / map area`s no longer load and people get stuck, followed by a complete crash (saved the logs etc but @ work atm).

Just got me a fresh Linux test server, going to test some more stuff. I really want to reproduce this problem!

/edit 

I spend allot of time on this issue Ronarch and unable to resolve it at this time. I got me a new Linux server, installed B26 + Hotfix + Bedford Falls V2.

No errors are startup, I will continue to investigate the issue on the server having this problem, hopefully we can find something so you don`t have to reinstall everything (but it might be faster :)).

Archived