Saw for slicing melons

PZFanatic

Hey,

I find it quite stupid using saw to slice a whole melon. Knife can do the work slicing melons but why? why saw? Sometimes its rare to find saw but I just really find it quite stupid to use it as a melon slicer. Pardon me but its just really is.  :rolleyes:

Oh, I get it - sometimes we use knife to kill zombies then using it to slice off melons would get us infected. Then I suggest that they should add a separate melon slicer? Would also be good to have a blender to make juice to quench our thirst and hunger.

Cheers  ;)

You honestly slice enough melons to warrant a new tool... for melons?

The more the better!

Can't disagree with that. Iirc, there's a melon knife in the cutlery mod, no idea if that mod is still working though. It's only cosmetic and just acts as a normal knife.

Id love to see more stuff with such no-all-that-important-but-still purpose like melon knife.

Agree, the main purpose is to add a bit of realism to the game plus to get rid of the awkward & stupid feeling using a saw to slice melons. Thank goodness they didn't let the axe to be a melon slicer too. Anyways, some of you may think that this is getting a big deal - let me tell you it's not, no problemo if this doesn't get implemented - a simple suggestion. lol  (clyde)

I have no problems using a saw to slice a melon. Saws are often used in food preparation. I do like the idea that if you used a knife to kill a zombie you could get infected if you use it for food prep. But I think creating a tool for melon slicing is a waste of limited item space available in game. I mean, i assume the more items you have, the slower the game runs, and therefore must be kept to a certain level, and using one for a melon slicer seems a waste. If it wasn't for that, then I'd say put one in. Anyway, my two cents.

I have no problems using a saw to slice a melon. Saws are often used in food preparation. I do like the idea that if you used a knife to kill a zombie you could get infected if you use it for food prep. But I think creating a tool for melon slicing is a waste of limited item space available in game. I mean, i assume the more items you have, the slower the game runs, and therefore must be kept to a certain level, and using one for a melon slicer seems a waste. If it wasn't for that, then I'd say put one in. Anyway, my two cents.

Oh okay, it seems a simple item can cause some lag then lets just forget about it then. NEXT! LEMON SLICER! Yipeee!

Oh okay, it seems a simple item can cause some lag then lets just forget about it then. NEXT! LEMON SLICER! Yipeee!

What about this ?

vegetable-and-fruit-juicer-india.jpeg

Why would I go out and buy some fancy melon knife to cut a watermelon when I can just use a regular kitchen knife? And why is it stupid to try and use a saw to cut a melon? A melon needs cutting. A saw is a cutting tool. If I don't have a knife on hand to use and I want to cut me off a slice of melon, I won't have any problem using a saw.

Why would I go out and buy some fancy melon knife to cut a watermelon when I can just use a regular kitchen knife? And why is it stupid to try and use a saw to cut a melon? A melon needs cutting. A saw is a cutting tool. If I don't have a knife on hand to use and I want to cut me off a slice of melon, I won't have any problem using a saw.

I want to see you slicing melons using a saw then.

Don't have watermelon, a saw, or a camera to record it with. But if I can slice a watermelon with a dull as hell kitchen knife (which I have), then doing it with a handsaw capable of sawing logs should actually be easier.

Archived