The new Cooking System !

RobertJohnson

Yay, are we going to have poisonous berries/mushrooms too that can be unidentified by those without enough forestry skill (example only)?

What I'd also like to see is poisoning of water/pop bottles.

A handful of painkillers should do!

It should require some time for them to dissolve though, people otherwise would easily notice something's wrong. I mean, I would be concerned myself, suddenly seeing pills in my drinks, hah!

i believe its the same as pie just add fruits.

Will do testing now.

Edit: That is a negative wolf, Tried it with apple, banana, Peach, Strawberrys, Watermelon and orange. 

Is seems it is going to always be a savory dishes like Steak & Leek pie, or Tomato and Leek pie.

Woops, forgot to mention, you need Yeast :D

This is the current recipe for it :

Bowl,       Flour=2,       Butter;15,       Sugar=3,       Egg,       Yeast,       Milk,

I thought you were talking about fish stew there. 

So is there any way to create new evolved recipes that take existing (vanilla) items?

Like, say, I want to make a fruit salad mod:

evolvedrecipe FruitSalad    {        BaseItem:Bowl,        MaxItems:3,        ResultItem:BowlOfFruitSalad,        Cookable:false,  }

Is there a proper way to tell the game that banana, apple, strawberry, orange, lemon from the "vanilla" list are all good to go for this recipe?

I know I can add those fruits in this example to my own items.txt list and add the " EvolvedRecipe = FruitSalad:15;" line there, but then what happens when another mod also alters that base item?

Is there something where instead of overwriting a base item I can append to the definition?

• 2 weeks later...

Love the system RJ, you should add something like eyedrops that you can 'poison' food with so that it makes the consumer nauseous (and dehydrated) afterwards, something a little less lethal than bleach hehehe.

well, i've been reading the threads posted, and i kinda see you guys (PZ developers) are kinda psychos... in a good way lol. since i share a bit of that insanity i had to create an account just to make a suggestion. If you guys think it's funny to poison people, and put shreds of glass in the soup, what about infecting a player with some zombie meat or even blood mixed with the soup. sounds sick enough? xD sorry if someone gave this suggestion already, didnt read every post.

well, i've been reading the threads posted, and i kinda see you guys (PZ developers) are kinda psychos... in a good way lol. since i share a bit of that insanity i had to create an account just to make a suggestion. If you guys think it's funny to poison people, and put shreds of glass in the soup, what about infecting a player with some zombie meat or even blood mixed with the soup. sounds sick enough? xD sorry if someone gave this suggestion already, didnt read every post.

Sounds like a good idea to me ! *call NSA*

Don't forget about the psychopaths who will use bear traps on humans O_o

glad you guys approve, if i have any more ideas i might share them.  btw, bear traps on humans sound awesome, that and holes with wooden sticks in them lol. better be quiet, nsa might be eavesdropping.  :-|

@RobertJohnson,  I love the new cooking & fishing, you guys have done a great job.  I do have one question, something that has been bugging me for years now (since the demo days) is there any reason why base meat takes so long to cook?   would it be possible to get an option to pan fry steak, chicken, salmon, pork chops and lamb chops?  Normally pan frying would take about 10-20m tops.  It just seems odd that a salmon steak would take 60m to cook.