Professional Professions

Japer

This mod simply adds items to a players inventory upon starting a new game with a specific profession.

Made by request of the community.

Mod Features

Fire Officer;
Fire axe

Police Officer;
Pistol
9mm Bullets

Park Ranger;
Matches,
Tent,
Campfire kit,
Kindling,
Water Bottle

Construction Worker;
Hammer
Saw
Box of nails
Box of screws
Screwdriver
(Will include toolbelt container on next update)

Security Guard;
Baseball Bat (Possibly change to custom baton on next update)
Torch
Battery
Baseball bat
Vitamins

It was suggested that each player spawn with a utility style belt to hold the items/tools they start with, so that feature may be implemented.

Mod was built on stable build 23, however it should work or any other version you are running.

Download v.1

Park Ranger should also start with a Hiking bag, Tent, and Water/Empty Bottle if you're not gonna give him a weapon.

Security Guard should also start with a Hot cuppa coffee and maybe Cigarettes or Vitamins.

Just my suggestions.

Does this work with Build 25?

Park Ranger should also start with a Hiking bag, Tent, and Water/Empty Bottle if you're not gonna give him a weapon.

Security Guard should also start with a Hot cuppa coffee and maybe Cigarettes or Vitamins.

Just my suggestions.

I couldn't find the code for camping because it was in a different module but I got it.

Going to upload a new version now that contains camping equipment etc.

I see no reason as to why this wouldn't work on Build 25, you can give it a try.

Just my suggestions.

I couldn't find the code for camping because it was in a different module but I got it.

Going to upload a new version now that contains camping equipment etc.

I see no reason as to why this wouldn't work on Build 25, you can give it a try.

What do you think of my suggestions?

The code/lua or whatever was changed for Build 25. You'd have to update it.

It was? Where did you see this? It should work fine.

Suggestions were good and added. However I didn't add the hiking bag as I might give everyone a small container for their stuff, like a tool belt for the construction worker etc.

Updated version with camping gear etc was added as the download link

It was? Where did you see this? It should work fine.

Suggestions were good and added. However I didn't add the hiking bag as I might give everyone a small container for their stuff, like a tool belt for the construction worker etc.

Updated version with camping gear etc was added as the download link

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6615-lua-mod-changes-required-in-25/

Fire officer seems like it has a lack of stuff. Maybe a duffelbag or something to go with that axe.

I really dislike the idea of having anyone start with a duffelbag or hiking bag as it straight up eliminates the need to go searching for one. However, it was suggested to add a 'utility' belt kind of thing for each character, so they can carry their tools etc.

If you can think of anything else a fireman would reasonable start with that would be good. I think I may update this mod when build 25 comes out, and add the utility belt, custom baton for security guard + police and anything else that would seem to fit in with the professions.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm whether this works with build 25 or not?

Would also like to know if this work, 

And another thing,  i manged to get base ball bats to work as a starter item ,    Could you possibly show me in a reply how to properly space out the names of the items being added to the  spawn item list ?

I didn't think it would work on Build 25 as the mods have changed layout slightly from build 23 to 25. I was generally waiting for a stable build of 25 to come out (in case I updated it then it needed re-updated) But I will have a look at updating it for you guys.

Can anyone confirm whether this works with build 25 or not?

Would also like to know if this work, 

And another thing,  i manged to get base ball bats to work as a starter item ,    Could you possibly show me in a reply how to properly space out the names of the items being added to the  spawn item list ?

Have a little look at the code of the mod. I referenced it so that when a player has X trait they will get X items and made it OmNewGame.Add

Im not quite sure what you need, if you explain a bit more i'll try to help

Oh im not too sure with the server options etc, I haven't tried MP yet. Try putting the .lua file into your servers lua files and see if that works?

EXAMPLE

PVP=false

PauseEmpty=false

GlobalChat=true

Open=true

ServerWelcomeMessage= <RGB:1,0,0> BTG.teamspeak3.com    -     NO RAIDING -- NO PVP -- Survive together  <LINE> <RGB:1,1,1>

LogLocalChat=True

AutoCreateUserInWhiteList=true

DisplayUserName=true

SpawnPoint=0,0,0

SafetySystem=true

ShowSafety=true

SafetyToggleTimer=100

SafetyCooldownTimer=120

SpawnItems=Base.BaseballBat,Base.Schoolbag,Base.WaterBottleFull        <--- this is the place i want to put items.

ResetID=884810896

DefaultPort=16261

i have only been able to get the baseball bat to work, just  RECENTLY  have i found you need to put Base/ infront of the names. but i still would like  help as to figure how to correctly space & write the names of the items to work correctly.

Hmm im not entirely sure, but you could try something like this;

SpawnItems=Base.BaseballBat; Base.Schoolbag; Base.WaterBottleFull
or
SpawnItems=
("Base.Pistol", 1);("Base.Bullets9mm", 2);("camping.WaterBottleFull", 2);

Something like that, give those a try