Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

MAP TOOLS

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#1 lemmy101

lemmy101

Co-Founder, Developer

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Provided as-is. Any questions one of us will try and point in the right direction. :)

Edit: For the moment, these are Windows 64-bit or Windows 32-bit only.

REQUIRED:
http://www.projectzo...MapTools1_1.zip

UPDATED TOOLS:
Windows 64-bit tools (get ZomboidMapTools.zip as well for tilesets and map files)
Windows 32-bit tools (get ZomboidMapTools.zip as well for tilesets and map files)

YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ZomboidMapTools1_1.zip AS WELL AS EITHER THE x64 OR x32 TOOLS.

Anyone who downloads the updated 32 or 64 bit tools, make sure to keep the original rules.txt that's in the WorldEd folder from the ZomboidMapTools1_1.zip.

If you don't, you will not be able to place water because it's not defined, anymore.

If it's too late, open the rules.txt and replace everything:

Spoiler

Vague process:

WorldEd -> create bitmaps for terrain -> BMPtoTMX -> drag drop cells into world grid
BuildingEd -> make buildings
WorldEd -> place buildings in world
TileZed -> do detailing around building that couldn't be done in building ed. Put fancy stuff around map to add detail to roads etc.
WorldEd -> Drag selection - Export to Lots -> add offset to put your world in correct place in game world then export. Muldraugh is 25x25 offset, Westpoint is 25x15. For now overwrite files. Will get maps working with modloader file system so your mod can override areas of the map.

You need to make all buildings in BuildingEd for the loot and future NPCs/Sadistic AI to work, as well as needing to use the new tiles (had to remove the old to fit in memory on the integrated gfx) so I'm afraid this means stuff will need making from scratch, but buildingEd is nice to use so hopefully that process won't take that long

Goes without saying all credit for these tools goes to EasyPickins who has done some amazeballs stuff and all credit for tiles to Mash who has equally done amazeballs stuff, and all credit for the terrain stuff goes to Binky who has yeah you get the picture :P

----------------------------
Edit from Moderators
----------------------------

Back in February 2013(!) hummer and fish-tank owner mendonca recorded a video of him using the tools to build a prison. I'm not sure how it compares to using these updated tools, but it may be a good place to start if you're looking to get going:

Spoiler

I'm here to give an info on how to get the blends working correctly!

It's the same as with the rules.txt, you have to get the blends.txt file from the ZomboidMapTools1_1.zip (it's in tools/TileZed/WorldEd) and overwrite the one that comes with the 32 or 64 bit version.

• RobertJohnson, nasKo, harakka and 15 others like this

#2 Rathlord

Rathlord

"The Expert"

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 4689 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

*fireworks*

Also, first.

• TheCenturion, LeoIvanov, Wiggins and 1 other like this
"You owe us an ending!"

'I owe you nothing. I am a dungeon master. I create a boundless world, and I bind it by rules. Too heavy for a bridge? It breaks. Get hit? Take damage. Spend an hour outside someone's front door, fighting over who gets to kill him? He leaves through the back.'

#3 Connall

Connall

(Sober) Biographer of Spiffo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1444 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

Sweeeeeeet! What a new year so far! \ :D /

• PsychoEliteNZ likes this
Administrator of the wiki, man also failing to make some tea and protector of The Queen's English. (tophat)

#4 poww10s

poww10s

Newbie Forever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

WOAAAAAHHHH I've been fantasizing about my street and how amazingly easy it would be to fortify. Time To MAP IT! 

• booner352 likes this

#5 Gammlernoob

Gammlernoob

Lacks the Delicious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team... I don't know what he's talking about.

#6 dida55

dida55

Gone.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Where's the .app? D:

#7 RoboMat

RoboMat

Modder of Wheelie-Bins

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2679 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Awesome!

Where's the .app? D:

I hardly doubt that it will ever be mac-compatible! xD

“Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in ZombRand().” ― RoboMat W. Emerson
Check out my mods on pz-mods.net.

#8 dida55

dida55

Gone.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

Awesome!

Where's the .app? D:

I hardly doubt that it will ever be mac-compatible! xD

Whoa, I don't even know what to say. Much disappointment. 

#9 RoboMat

RoboMat

Modder of Wheelie-Bins

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2679 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Well who knows ... maybe one day.

I switched to Windows for modding PZ.

• tommysticks likes this
“Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in ZombRand().” ― RoboMat W. Emerson

#10 poww10s

poww10s

Newbie Forever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

Wait, how do you add walls on the inside?

#11 EasyPickins

EasyPickins

MappyToolins

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

The tools are written in the open-source Qt toolkit, so they should in theory build just fine on Mac/Linux. :-)

https://github.com/timbaker/tiled

https://github.com/timbaker/pzworlded

On either platform, if you get the Qt 5.2 SDK, and open up the .pro file for either project in QtCreator it should build without too much hassle.  After building it would need to be properly packaged up for each platform though, not sure how to go about it.

• harakka and RoboMat like this

#12 lemmy101

lemmy101

Co-Founder, Developer

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

Had to reupload, missed a few config files. Anyone who's got it would be advised to redownload :P

#13 RoboMat

RoboMat

Modder of Wheelie-Bins

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2679 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

The tools are written in the open-source Qt toolkit, so they should in theory build just fine on Mac/Linux. :-)

https://github.com/timbaker/tiled

https://github.com/timbaker/pzworlded

On either platform, if you get the Qt 5.2 SDK, and open up the .pro file for either project in QtCreator it should build without too much hassle.  After building it would need to be properly packaged up for each platform though, not sure how to go about it.

Awesome news!! :)

#14 Dr Gonzo

Dr Gonzo

Three-Fingered Lemon Wedge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Thank you! I've been waiting so long for this. My dreams of rebuilding my beloved shithole of a hometown in all it's zomboidy-goodness are one step closer to reality <3

A.K.A. Gonzo Macky - Steam Community Moderator

A.K.A. The more handsome and talented half of the GonzoEwok YouTube gaming channel

#15 EasyPickins

EasyPickins

MappyToolins

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Wait, how do you add walls on the inside?

The walls are placed automatically between rooms and as exterior walls.  The Building > Rooms menu command (or toolbar button) is how you define new rooms, and choose various tiles for the rooms.

#16 lemmy101

lemmy101

Co-Founder, Developer

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Any folk who are already familiar with the tools due to their tester access, if you're willing, some tut video would be much much appreciated by both us and community alike  :D

I know Thuz was working on a manual for it.

• Gammlernoob likes this

#17 Dr_Cox1911

Dr_Cox1911

Board Certified Quack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Just mindblowing guys! Now I only need to get the perk "creative" and I can start doing awesome stuff with this. Until then: You got work mappers!

Visit the german PZ-Community!

*If my post is completely bollocks then I´m online with my phone or drunk (and sometimes both)  :mrgreen:

#18 Ontogenesis

Ontogenesis

Existence Precedes Essence

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Any folk who are already familiar with the tools due to their tester access, if you're willing, some tut video would be much much appreciated by both us and community alike  :D

Would mendonca's video still be relevant do you know?

Also, woohoo!

#19 lemmy101

lemmy101

Co-Founder, Developer

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

Would mendonca's video still be relevant do you know?

Also, woohoo!

Probably mostly relevant :) feel free to edit the OP with a link if you have it, I can't remember it. S:

#20 Dr Gonzo

Dr Gonzo

Three-Fingered Lemon Wedge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

Just out of curiosity, are these tools for 64bit systems only?

A.K.A. Gonzo Macky - Steam Community Moderator

A.K.A. The more handsome and talented half of the GonzoEwok YouTube gaming channel