Loot items inside of containers inside of containers

Invader Jim

I have checked several bags to see if they have anything inside of them and have found nothing. Frankly I find the process frustrating.

Checking every zombie for loot after I kill them is a little tedious. When I first started the game I did not even know it was an option. Now I do it 99% of the time. When I heard that they planned to put items inside of containers on the zombie (just another container) I was dreading it.

There needs to be an easy way to check a container to see if it has any contents. I can deal with checking a zombie for loot but the process to take a container (bag, purse, duffle, backpack, ect) from it and checking that for loot seems incredibly cumbersome and tedious.

Is there an easy way to check a container for loot while it is still in the zombie's inventory? I grab the item and take it back with me to check later and then it seems I have to drop my current pack and equip the container in question to see if it has anything of value inside.

Am I the only one who hates nested containers? Am I overlooking an easy way to determine if the backpack on a corpse in front of me contans something? Is the only way to see inside a container to equip it?

Anyone else hate the tedium of looting zombies and then checking for stuff inside of containers they posess?

i'm not sure.... but i think a little icon of what's inside appears, either when you are hovering over an item and/or dragging/moving it to another container. 

I've never noticed it while out looting, but i had a duffle bag which had put into storage and the baseball bat i thought i had went missing. Well.... it's in the Duffle bag which is when (i think) i saw the little icon. 

can probably test it out yourself. if i'm wrong then i have been having really tedious dreams about the finer details of zomboid.... :)

I have the same problem Invader Jim.

But I'll add another annoyance variation - stacked containers.  Rather than telling me I have Big Hiking Bag (2), I wish they could be separate line items so I could manipulate them better.  I end up having to unequip my Big Hiking Bag so I can drop one.  But I end up dropping two, then I need to right click and say "Grab One".  But which one am I grabbing?  The full one or the empty one?!?!?!?!

We also definitely need different colored bags, totes, and purses.  Or the ability to flag them, color them, or rename them.  The inventory system can be frustrating.

Finally, I haven't found anything inside any zombie bags.  I've found zombies with Hiking Bags and School Bags but they appear to be empty.  Or are they?  I don't know.  I have School Bag (10) in my cupboard and I'm not about to try to sift through that stack to find out if any having anything useful.  I'd need to split them up into ten different locations so I could equip/unequip them properly to look inside.

I have the same problem Invader Jim.

But I'll add another annoyance variation - stacked containers.  Rather than telling me I have Big Hiking Bag (2), I wish they could be separate line items so I could manipulate them better.  I end up having to unequip my Big Hiking Bag so I can drop one.  But I end up dropping two, then I need to right click and say "Grab One".  But which one am I grabbing?  The full one or the empty one?!?!?!?!

We also definitely need different colored bags, totes, and purses.  Or the ability to flag them, color them, or rename them.  The inventory system can be frustrating.

Finally, I haven't found anything inside any zombie bags.  I've found zombies with Hiking Bags and School Bags but they appear to be empty.  Or are they?  I don't know.  I have School Bag (10) in my cupboard and I'm not about to try to sift through that stack to find out if any having anything useful.  I'd need to split them up into ten different locations so I could equip/unequip them properly to look inside.

If you click the little > arrow to the left of the School Bag (10), it should open up the entire stack so you can easily move them one at a time.

Archived