NecroForge (OUTDATED)

ZedHead

i actually ran right past the zombies but im said i put 10 hours in that guy :/

Sorry if I messed up one of your characters. I guess I just assumed that if people were using a cheat mod, it couldn't be a serious playthrough :)

it was not your fault i tried changing resolution after word to get a better pic and it crashed the other save was right when i though i was ganna die and saved then (all the zombs held on to me and repeatedly blighting/scratching me before i) got away took pain killers and survived but after i crashed i had to try again and failed.

also i wasn't using it to cheat i only wanted to kill all the zombs i actually didn't even cheat myself food or extra painkillers

also i wasn't using it to cheat i only wanted to kill all the zombs i actually didn't even cheat myself food or extra painkillers

Then perhaps next time you should rethink pushing the button on a solid game save. If you wanted to take on the zeds I would've made another save to do so or at least make a backup save file before hand.

Then perhaps next time you should rethink pushing the button on a solid game save. If you wanted to take on the zeds I would've made another save to do so or at least make a backup save file before hand.

i thought that but then i thought nah i wont need it meh

i thought that but then i thought nah i wont need it meh

Well I'm glad you thought it through first, that's what counts. At the moment we're going over ideas for features and stuff so the update for NF will be a little while. If there is a bug preventing NF from working we might jump to fix that then but as of right now it'll be slow on progress.  :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

my guns stop reloading after a while.I tried taking them out of my inventory and restarting the game.I equip new guns and ammo,but after the first clip is gone it will not reload.

Other than that, great mod.

that is not a bug from this mod its a bug in the game

I noticed it too, while testing the "I told you not to push it" event.... Its just more noticable because you can spawn guns & ammo at will. I haven't gone anywhere near the reloading mechanics :)

my guns stop reloading after a while.I tried taking them out of my inventory and restarting the game.I equip new guns and ammo,but after the first clip is gone it will not reload.

Other than that, great mod.

that is not a bug from this mod its a bug in the game

I noticed it too, while testing the "I told you not to push it" event.... Its just more noticable because you can spawn guns & ammo at will. I haven't gone anywhere near the reloading mechanics :)

that's actually what killed my when i used the button (for a second time) i had a shotgun and about 73 shells i went through 1 clip could not reload got confused and died.

I think Zedhead said something about updating the item list a while ago, as well as a new icon for the UI button. I'll ask him about it later, unless he see's this first..... I've been working on other things but, in a while, I'm going to have another shot at making an auto-updater by parsing the scripts which would make everyone's life easier (although it would reduce the number of item categories making it harder to find what your after)

I think Zedhead said something about updating the item list a while ago, as well as a new icon for the UI button.

Yeah I got those set but I need some guidance how to place the new NF button without replacing another icon. The bags are a minor thing and I did mention somewhere that its missing those after a PZ  update since I was flipping through all the builds (beta, somethingblahblahearlybetatestthing, and the normal build) I couldn't decide to update the list back when I had it updated so I left it. Now I'm faced with my internet problem since every fix I make or update excentric does leads to a 40 minute period of me trying to upload the new file. So once we get a solid build/fix for the new items and possibly a new feature (no promises) then I'll hijack my friend's internet to upload the file for NF.

............missing garbage bags

On a side note I don't see this as a big problem at all considering the mod has 700 or more items/variations in it now.

you can put it into more categories using the first 3 fields. for example, since theyre used in carpentry, you could do

Garbage_Bag = {"Bags", "Carpentry", nil, "Garbage Bag", "Base.Garbagebag", "Item_Garbagebag", nil, nil, nil}
  • if adding to the bottom of the list you will need to make sure the item above has a comma at the end of the line
  • if adding to the top of the list, add a comma to the end of the line you are adding

Its just a table syntax thing :)

the last 3 fields are redundant unless its a piece of clothing & can actually be excluded entirely without having an effect.... The proforma for the field layout is included at the top of the list.

My apologies.... I meant to post about this sooner but plain forgot about it  :blush:

if you don't want to wait until its updated you can add this line

Garbagebag=                         {"Bags", nil, nil, "garbage bag", "Base.Garbagebag", "Item_Garbagebag", nil, nil, nil},) 

to the NecroList in zomboid/mods/NecroForge/Media/Lua 

I am glad you've learned the system with ease so that alone helps us see the interface isn't too complex at all and we can expect other mod users adding custom items at their own will (with the right data of course). :D

I meant to post about this sooner but plain forgot about it  :blush:

Its really nothing to worry about excentric if anyone was curious the instructions of adding items to the list is located in the list itself so I'm pretty sure you did fine with that alone. We did mention somewhere that adding items is simple but we just ignored big detailed explanations as to how it is.

if you don't want to wait until its updated you can add this line

Garbagebag=                         {"Bags", nil, nil, "garbage bag", "Base.Garbagebag", "Item_Garbagebag", nil, nil, nil},) 

to the NecroList in zomboid/mods/NecroForge/Media/Lua 

I am glad you've learned the system with ease so that alone helps us see the interface isn't too complex at all and we can expect other mod users adding custom items at their own will (with the right data of course). :D

it's easy to learn but its boring as hell to add lots of stuff to it, now i appreciate your efforts more  (tophat)

Sorry if this "bug" is already known, just thought I should report it:

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2014-01-12 16.00.35.png

Seems to not hamper the mod in any way, because when loading a save or starting a new one it works flawlessly.

I told excentric about this before release but hes too busy with his game Starbound to care about modding at the moment. 1tC55zB.gif

Thanks for the post though any bug report is a good reference when polishing out the mod so feel free to post any bugs you encounter here with it as long as they're not listed on the current bugs section in the OP. A quick heads up, I'll most likely get the list update by this coming Friday or next Monday. WvIAuQK.gif

Sorry if this "bug" is already known, just thought I should report it:

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2014-01-12 16.00.35.png

Seems to not hamper the mod in any way, because when loading a save or starting a new one it works flawlessly.

Yeah, sorry bout that.... Don't remember being told but I've already found the cause. I've stored a flag that is accessed by an OnKeyPressed event inside a table, just trying to keep things neat & tidy ;), & if you press a button before NF has initialized it will try to access a sub of a non existent table.... hence non-table: null error  :blush:

I'll make sure that & the text box is fixed before Zed posts the itemlist update :)