Lockpicking Mod (1.8.1)

RoboMat

WoW, first mod for b26, great job RoboMat! Tried to test it in MP and it didn't work. Also I've noticed when I've opened door with bobby pin the sound is played a little longer than it should. So, door was opened but sound of lockpicking still playing few extra seconds.

Windows can't be "humped" open anymore, so you need the crowbar to open them "nicely".

Yeah, this is basically what I meant with the suggestion. :) Glad that you've thought of it too.

Problem with both of those things was that they couldn't be changed (easily) on the lua side because they were handled via java :(

Oh. :( Well let's hope RJ can and will circle around this with his awesome java skills. ;)

hooray I just properly picked a lock for the first time nice one RM :D

and just in time before it gets hoodily winked into the base game :D hehe

Was it intentional to leave in an auto spawn of all the items, including a broken screwdriver and crowbar?

I am guessing this is from a debug code?

What file would I look in to disable it. I am guessing you will be able to tell me far faster than I would ifnd it myself :D

hooray I just properly picked a lock for the first time nice one RM :D

and just in time before it gets hoodily winked into the base game :D hehe

Was it intentional to leave in an auto spawn of all the items, including a broken screwdriver and crowbar?

I am guessing this is from a debug code?

What file would I look in to disable it. I am guessing you will be able to tell me far faster than I would ifnd it myself :D

yes it was. he updated it to remove the debug!

Forgot to reply here :oops:

It's in the file called "Lockpicking.lua". Should be a local variable called debugItems somewhere at the top of the file.

As mvhnexus said I already pushed a small update to pz-mods too ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot get this mod to work. I place the folder in the .zip into the mods folder, and when I load up the game in the mods tab the list of mods is empty. This is also happening on all mods I have tried to install. I have attempted over 20 different mods and every one does not work. They simply just don't show up.

• 2 months later...

Do bobby pens spawn in the current version?

It appears that they do not.  I am in the process of updating the mod to Build 27.  I found a couple of bugs that I will fix and will get the bobby pins spawning again, that is, if it's alright with RoboMat...

It appears that they do not.  I am in the process of updating the mod to Build 27.  I found a couple of bugs that I will fix and will get the bobby pins spawning again, that is, if it's alright with RoboMat...

Sure, go ahead :)

Sure, go ahead :)

Excellent, ok, here it is.  The following things have been modified/fixed/changed:

Updated version number and added an 'updatedby' local variable.Cut 4 seconds from lockpicking sound files.Disabled 'setPermaLocked(true)' when you break the lock on a window.  This causes you tonot be able to climb through the window.Totally rewrote distribution method.  Breakdowns are as follows:   Bins, dead male zombies, desks, filing cabinets and office drawers - 2% chance to spawn   Dead female zombies - 15% chance to spawn   Kitchen counters - 5% chance to spawn   Bathrooms - 20% chance to spawn   Sheds - 5% chance to spawn   Motel wardrobes - 10% chance to spawn

Build 27 compatible version can be downloaded from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8pcwcj1l8z1ygsc/RMLockpickingMod_v1.0.2.zip

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been noticing an odd behavior that originally left me wondering if the modification was functioning or not since I would rarely come across a door I could pick or break the lock on. After a little debugging I've finally found an odd case. There are a number of doors that fail the isValidDoor check while being valid doors.

local function isValidDoor(door)    if not door then		print("No valid door found.");        return false;    elseif door:IsOpen() then        print("The door is already open.");		return false;    elseif not door:isLocked() then		print("Door is locked... Why is this a problem?");        return false;    elseif not door:getBarricade() == 0 then		print("Door is barricaded. You can't get in that way.");        return false;    elseif not door:getSquare():getProperties():Is(IsoFlagType.exterior) then        print("Door is inside of house.");        return false;    else        return true;    endend

Particularly they fail at

elseif not door:getSquare():getProperties():Is(IsoFlagType.exterior) then

Examples that I have come across are the motel rooms at the Sunstar in Muldraugh. They are exterior doors, but detected as interior doors.

Edit:

Also, two handed items have a habit of not being equipped correctly when it automatically swaps back after picking a lock. Looks like it detects the item as being in both the primary and secondary so it equips the item accordingly with it ending up in the secondary position.

Lockpicking works mostly with Build 30.11 so far, except that some food cannot be eaten. Like a can of dog food. I right-click it, select Eat -> All (or one of the other options) and nothing happens.

Other food can be used, at least the few I tried.

Would love to see a fixed version for 30.11 :) Really liked it to be able to break open windows and doors with the crowbar instead of only being limited to use it for smashing zombie heads.

Greetz,

Maxunit

Guest Styxx42

Hmm I had bigger issues in multiplayer.

I was not be able to place items or even use them out of my main inventory.,

I took it out unit it gets updated.

I MISS THIS MOD.

I am not sure, I know I missed the Utilites mod so scratch my previous comment.

Still working away at it in my 30.12 Mpserver

• 2 months later...
Guest Styxx42

I still believe that even with the inclusion of key sand locks this mod would be very valuable.

I really miss picking locks and using the crowbar.

I would even like the added option to pick a lock(jimmy for lack of a better discripter) a window open.

Using  perhaps a butter knife to give us something to do with our cutlery.

Is this now going to be abandon?  I really hope it either gets updated or picked up by Indie Stone PZ Devs.

So much potential.

I really enjoyed playing with this either way.

So THANKS for a great time with this mod.

• 2 weeks later...