Lockpicking Mod (1.8.1)

RoboMat

When i right click with version 0.7.4 of LP and build 20 of PZ, it brings up a debug menu. Which is kindof neat because you can look at the entire pz map and look at buildings and how there set up. heh.

Ive tried both spawn towns, characters from the Xmod, default character's, and have had the same resualt.  I did see the jail for the first time, before i right clicked tho, lol.

Tried to take a screenshot, but the ingame one, or steam, or even snapper(old FSX ss proggy which is great), wouldnt take it.

Updated:

v0.7.5

• Added six new spawn points for Muldraugh
  • Added four new spawn points for West Point
  • Tweaked times for breaking / picking locks
  • Fixed issue with broken items in inventory
  • Removed breakpoint() call
  • Added experimental translation just for fun (currently non-automatic)

=> German, Italian, English translation

=> UTF-8 limitations of lua suck!

• 5 weeks later...

Yop !

So smart, the first thing I test when I found for the first time the crowbar it was to try to open a close door with it ;p

And lockpicking with the bobby pin, it's fabulous too

An idea : maybe create a new item : the lockpicking kit like a detective in TV shows, very rare of course, with less chances to failed & less noise maybe ;)

And for the French translate how I can help ?

Heuu in fact I will test mods from today I saw you make lot of so if I can help on the franch translate I will do ;)

This can help ?

translation.FR = {};translation.FR.lockLevels = { "Très Facile", "Facile", "Moyen", "Dur", "Très Dur", "Cassé" };translation.FR.brokenLockModal = "Vous ne pouvez pas crocheter une serrure cassée.";translation.FR.contextBreakDoorLock = "Forcer la Porte";translation.FR.contextPickDoorLock = "Crocheter la Serrure";translation.FR.contextBreakWindowLock = "Forcer la Fenêtre";translation.FR.traitNimbleFingers = "Doigts Agiles";translation.FR.traitNimbleFingersDescription = "Des années d'expérience dans l'ouverture \"discrète\" des serrures\.\nCrochetage rapide. Meilleures chances de réussir à forcer les serrures.";translation.FR.professionBurglar = "Cambrioleur";

Yeah sure. Just replace the content of Lockpicking_Text.lua with:

-- ================================================-- Lockpicking Mod-- by RoboMat---- Created: 15.07.2013 - 17:13-- ================================================-- Contains all human readable text of the mod.Lockpicking_Text = {};-- Contains all translations.local translation = {};-- Made by RoboMat.translation.EN = {};translation.EN.lockLevels = { "Very Easy", "Easy", "Average", "Hard", "Very Hard", "Broken" };translation.EN.brokenLockModal = "You can't pick a broken lock.";translation.EN.contextBreakDoorLock = "Break Lock";translation.EN.contextPickDoorLock = "Pick Lock";translation.EN.contextBreakWindowLock = "Break Lock";translation.EN.traitNimbleFingers = "Nimble Fingers";translation.EN.traitNimbleFingersDescription = "Years of experience with opening all kinds of locks.\nFaster lockpicking. Better chances for opening a lock.";translation.EN.professionBurglar = "Burglar";-- Made by RoboMat.translation.DE = {};translation.DE.lockLevels = { "Sehr Einfach", "Einfach", "Normal", "Schwer", "Sehr Schwer", "Zerstoert" };translation.DE.brokenLockModal = "Zerstoerte Schloesser koennen nicht geknackt werden.";translation.DE.contextBreakDoorLock = "Zerstoere Schloss";translation.DE.contextPickDoorLock = "Knacke Schloss";translation.DE.contextBreakWindowLock = "Zerstoere Schloss";translation.DE.traitNimbleFingers = "Geschickte Finger";translation.DE.traitNimbleFingersDescription = "Sehr geschickt im Oeffnen von verschiedensten Schloessern.\nSchnelleres Schloesser-Knacken. Bessere Chancen beim Schloesser-Knacken.";translation.DE.professionBurglar = "Einbrecher";-- Made by d00de.translation.IT = {};translation.IT.lockLevels = { "Molto facile", "Facile", "Media", "Difficile", "Molto difficile", "Rotta" };translation.IT.brokenLockModal = "Non puoi scassinare una serratura rotta.";translation.IT.contextBreakDoorLock = "Rompi serratura";translation.IT.contextPickDoorLock = "Scassina serratura";translation.IT.contextBreakWindowLock = "Rompi serratura";translation.IT.traitNimbleFingers = "Dita agili";translation.IT.traitNimbleFingersDescription = "Hai anni di esperienza nell'aprire ognitipo di serratura.\nScassini pi ù velocemente. Probabilit à di aprire una serratura aumentata.";translation.IT.professionBurglar = "Ladro";-- Made by Galbartranslation.FR = {};translation.FR.lockLevels = { "Très Facile", "Facile", "Moyen", "Dur", "Très Dur", "Cassé" };translation.FR.brokenLockModal = "Vous ne pouvez pas crocheter une serrure cassée.";translation.FR.contextBreakDoorLock = "Forcer la Porte";translation.FR.contextPickDoorLock = "Crocheter la Serrure";translation.FR.contextBreakWindowLock = "Forcer la Fenêtre";translation.FR.traitNimbleFingers = "Doigts Agiles";translation.FR.traitNimbleFingersDescription = "Des années d'expérience dans l'ouverture \"discrète\" des serrures\.\nCrochetage rapide. De meilleures chances pour forcer une serrure.";translation.FR.professionBurglar = "Cambrioleur";local function assignTranslation()	-- TODO auto-language detection	local lang = 'FR';	if not translation[lang] then		lang = 'EN';	end	Lockpicking_Text.lockLevels = translation[lang].lockLevels or translation.EN.lockLevels;	Lockpicking_Text.brokenLockModal = translation[lang].brokenLockModal or translation.EN.brokenLockModal;	Lockpicking_Text.contextBreakDoorLock = translation[lang].contextBreakDoorLock or translation.EN.contextBreakDoorLock;	Lockpicking_Text.contextPickDoorLock = translation[lang].contextPickDoorLock or translation.EN.contextPickDoorLock;	Lockpicking_Text.contextBreakWindowLock = translation[lang].contextBreakWindowLock or translation.EN.contextBreakWindowLock;	Lockpicking_Text.traitNimbleFingers = translation[lang].traitNimbleFingers or translation.EN.traitNimbleFingers;	Lockpicking_Text.traitNimbleFingersDescription = translation[lang].traitNimbleFingersDescription or translation.EN.traitNimbleFingersDescription;	Lockpicking_Text.professionBurglar = translation[lang].professionBurglar or translation.EN.professionBurglar;	translation = nil;end-- -------------------------------------------------- Game hooks-- ------------------------------------------------Events.OnGameBoot.Add(assignTranslation);

A fair warning though, that due to UTF-8 limitations you might get some strange characters ingame ;)

Yeap I know some accent and some format sucks together I'll modify accents if there is bugs, but I saw in the translation of the vanilla parts they used some accents so... I'll see ;)

And thanks

heu if can I ask 1 blue, newbie question ? -> if we add your words and expression used in your mod in the files Translate who is in vanilla folders ? Isn't work ??

like in the file : ContextMenu_FR.txt for example

The game will not automatically change the words ?

don't judge me if it's ridiculous hein ?!! ;p

Yep it would work if I'd parse the text files and read in the translations manually from .txt files (I do that in my stories mod), but that would also mean, that the users would have to install their files in a seperate location and I'd like to avoid that.

I hope TIS / RJ will come up with a translation mechanism for us modders in the future ;) Until that I'll try to figure something out.

I don't understand what you mean by users will have to install their files in a separate location ?

And for TIS / RJ, does the question had been directly ask to them ?

(I edit my last message, maybe in same time you respond it)

heu if can I ask 1 blue, newbie question ? -> if we add your words and expression used in your mod in the files Translate who is in vanilla folders ? Isn't work ??

like in the file : ContextMenu_FR.txt for example

The game will not automatically change the words ?

don't judge me if it's ridiculous hein ?!! ;p

Nope that doesn't work :(

I don't understand what you mean by users will have to install their files in a separate location ?

The translation files would have to be placed in Users/Zomboid/Lua ... I mean it is not that big of a deal, but still a bit annoying ^^

And for TIS / RJ, does the question had been directly ask to them ?

Yes I asked him when I fiddled with the translation of the lockpicking mod ;)

1. It will be Too easy adding some lines there ;)

2. If there is a way for the user to translate his favorite mod in his language by replace some liens or add a file somewhere he will do it if there is instructions for and already did translations.

3. Yes it's not really for you but for all so I hope they can help us ;p

I change a little thing for the FR translation so :

-- Made by Galbartranslation.FR = {};translation.FR.lockLevels = { "Très Facile", "Facile", "Moyen", "Difficile", "Très Difficile", "Cassé" };translation.FR.brokenLockModal = "Vous ne pouvez pas crocheter une serrure cassée.";translation.FR.contextBreakDoorLock = "Forcer la Porte";translation.FR.contextPickDoorLock = "Crocheter la Serrure";translation.FR.contextBreakWindowLock = "Forcer la Fenêtre";translation.FR.traitNimbleFingers = "Doigts Agiles";translation.FR.traitNimbleFingersDescription = "Des années d'expérience dans l'ouverture \"discrète\" des serrures\.\nCrochetage rapide. Meilleures chances de réussir à forcer les serrures.";translation.FR.professionBurglar = "Cambrioleur";

So I really like this mod (being fairly prone to choosing the thief/assassin/rogue type characters in other games), though I do have to wonder if spawning out in the forests is normal? Like, I know there's updates on where spawn points are, and I just assume that there would be a spawn that would be somewhere closer to civilisation.

I thought I would just bring it up if it's not supposed to be spawning me out in the middle of a forest. It just kind of takes away from the fun when it feels like I'm spending a long time walking through molasses instead of breaking into houses to take what I can to survive.

On that note, I should add that I've only been playing in Muldraugh, and haven't seen if this is an issue with West Point.

I thought I would just bring it up if it's not supposed to be spawning me out in the middle of a forest. It just kind of takes away from the fun when it feels like I'm spending a long time walking through molasses instead of breaking into houses to take what I can to survive.

Hm ... it actually shouldn't do that. I will take a look at it. Thanks for the report :)

Ah, alrighty. I'm glad that I could help then. :'D I didn't know if it was something intentional or not, seeing as three save files in, and all spawned in forests. One was fortunate enough to spawn close to a road that lead into town.

I look forward to the update.

Can you please remove the requirement for the bobby pin and screwdrivers to be equipped? With the current method, if you have to move away from the door (from a surprise zombie) the player's inventory and primary/secondary would just be stuck. I think this is due to a bug from the vanilla game.

I couldn't even drop items or move my primary/secondary to a bag.

But otherwise, neat mod!

Ah, alrighty. I'm glad that I could help then. :'D I didn't know if it was something intentional or not, seeing as three save files in, and all spawned in forests. One was fortunate enough to spawn close to a road that lead into town.

I look forward to the update.

It's strange. I tested it and spawned in the woods too, but the map coordinates don't fit to the ones in my scripts at all so I guess that the devs must've changed something with A) their spawning system or B) with the map. I will try to figure it out.

Can you please remove the requirement for the bobby pin and screwdrivers to be equipped? With the current method, if you have to move away from the door (from a surprise zombie) the player's inventory and primary/secondary would just be stuck. I think this is due to a bug from the vanilla game.

I couldn't even drop items or move my primary/secondary to a bag.

But otherwise, neat mod!

Thanks for the report. It was an issue from the core game. I'll have it fixed in the next update (should be released this evening / night) ;)

Updated to 0.7.6

Version 0.7.6- Updated to work with the latest version of the modding utils- Fixed Bug with Sound Manager- Fixed Bug with Spawnpoints    => Uses vanilla spawnpoints until the issue is fixed- Fixed Bug with Trait icons not showing up- Added french translation by Galbar

Hey, for some reason I can't get this mod to work? I also can't get the Not Enough Bags mod either, or some others? I've got the modding utilitys activated along with this mod. I'm running version 2.9.9.17. They show up in the mods section they just don't work in game. Any ideas why this happens to me?