Steam Beta release - 08th Nov 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0011)

RobertJohnson

THIS IS BEING MADE PUBLIC BETA NOW TO GET QUICK MASS FEEDBACK. Don't panic or get angry if there are any issues, we'll get em mopped up today but need to find out about any now. We'll not be launching for a good 6 hours or so.

Howdy,

Change list :

• A tons of change in the loot spawn:
    • Balanced loots in West Point.
    • Fixed loots on specific rooms (no more bacon in pharmacy, etc.).
    • Added more specific loots in container (wallet in some locker...).
    • Added more specific loots in rooms (toolstore, mechanic...).
    • Fixed some container type (some container wasn't flagged as container).
    • Some items weren't spawned enough (barbed wire, sand bag..).
  • Fixed the gunstore windows (now you can't pass through them, neither the zombies).
  • Fixed the texture in equipped items (they were a bit low quality due to resize).
  • Fixed world inventory icon (when you drop an item, the icon was big on the ground).
  • Changed the Combat part in Survival Guide (we now use right click to charge - left click to hit).
  • Some UI polish.
  • Lot of translation update.
  • Changed canned soup icon.
  • Now the canned soup need to be opened with a tin opener before drink it (or cook).
  • Balanced knife/spoon/fork condition.
  • Fixed some crafting bugs.
  • Fixed lighting issues
  • Fixed memory leaks.
  • Fixed sheet rope.
  • Fixed harvesting farming plant.
  • Fixed tomato vegetables.
  • Fixed the take in game screenshot shift.
  • Fixed home trailer doors.
  • Fixed the crafting system.
  • Fixed world inventory texture (+ fixed them on load).
  • Fixed equipped items color.
  • Now equipped bag in 2nd hand will be loaded correctly.

^ this! there should be a chance of bacon everywhere :D nah, you're right going for a more realistic distribution of loot is the right way.

Realistic destribution = there is a chance of bacon everywhere !

That's correct. Bacon is either there, or it's not. Unfortunately it's the latter in real life.

I have a question (sorry if it was answered, but I buy the game recently and I don't t know) are planning to add multiplayer? My friend and I want to play a game together, is that possible? or will be possible in a near future? Thanks, and good job with this great game

(sorry for my english)

I have a question (sorry if it was answered, but I buy the game recently and I don't t know) are planning to add multiplayer? My friend and I want to play a game together, is that possible? or will be possible in a near future? Thanks, and good job with this great game

(sorry for my english)

Your english is better than you think!

Online mutliplayer is indeed something that will be implemented in the future.

Before online-multiplayer there will be local splitscreen multiplayer in a more functional and polished form than it currently is :)

(sorry for my english)

Your english is better than you think!

Online mutliplayer is indeed something that will be implemented in the future.

Before online-multiplayer there will be local splitscreen multiplayer in a more functional and polished form than it currently is :)

Wow, that's are good news :D... that "Online multiplayer" (before than splitscreen) supports LAN game? cause we have connected 2 PCs in a router

(and thanks for the mega-ultra-fast reply and for the compliment)

That would require me guessing but I guess if online MP is in, LAN MP shouldn't be too far away :)

I would go further to say that they are pretty much identical, apart from LAN MP would be more stable and less laggy in first implementation, I'd imagine LAN games being actually playable before internet technically.

My personal opinion about the bacon discussion - Anywhere a fat white dude walks bacon is sure to follow (no racist, just making the point that anywhere a human being went to before he became an over weight zombie probably has some bacon stashed somewhere)

That would require me guessing but I guess if online MP is in, LAN MP shouldn't be too far away :)

I would go further to say that they are pretty much identical, apart from LAN MP would be more stable and less laggy in first implementation, I'd imagine LAN games being actually playable before internet technically.

We can test any "pre-alpha-beta-whatever" for you guys, we have 2 desktop pc "gamers" with a router... I know you are working hard on bugs and other things, but implementing the LAN would be too sensational and a big step!

I repeat excellent game!

Splitscreen won't be available until fixed.

Say Captaaain say wot:

The split-screen multiplayer is currently not available since we made some optimisations under the bonet which necessitated reworking the split-screen a little. Also, this type of multiplayer requires controllers which are, themselves, also being reworked at the moment. So both of these features, even though they existed in prior builds, will not be in the initial Steam build.

We'll get the controller support back in first, since this will be essential for playing using Big Picture from a sofa, and then we'll work on getting the split-screen back in - but there is a little bit of work required for that, including (amongst other things) improving the way the UI works with a controller plugged in.

Sorry for the delay on this, but we prioritised compatibility and stability over these features for Steam Early Access

Splitscreen won't be available until fixed.

Say Captaaain say wot:

The split-screen multiplayer is currently not available since we made some optimisations under the bonet which necessitated reworking the split-screen a little. Also, this type of multiplayer requires controllers which are, themselves, also being reworked at the moment. So both of these features, even though they existed in prior builds, will not be in the initial Steam build.

We'll get the controller support back in first, since this will be essential for playing using Big Picture from a sofa, and then we'll work on getting the split-screen back in - but there is a little bit of work required for that, including (amongst other things) improving the way the UI works with a controller plugged in.

Sorry for the delay on this, but we prioritised compatibility and stability over these features for Steam Early Access

Thank you and sorry I was not following PZ for a while. When the steam updates started and the rooftop bug appeared my pc just couldn't handle the high graphics

The patch notes only gets better and better. I'm really really hoping that fixing memory

leaks etc also fixes the terrible FPS-drops we are experiencing after playing for a while?

Steady 30 FPS and then down it goes for a quick second, to about 5 FPS.

What do you reckon - are they related at all?