Steam Beta Release - 04th Nov 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0010)

lemmy101

• Streaming issues fixed.
  • Fire saving fixed.
  • Fixed some missing sprite building.
  • The bigs logs at McCoy are now containers with logs inside.
  • Removed options.bin for an options.ini (text file).
  • Fixed the trailer park map problem (can't pass through doors, invisible walls, weird light issue..).
  • Balanced loot drop.
  • Added more specific location to loot items (police station = more guns, school = more books/school bag...).
  • Fixed some tile properties problem (container not solid...)
  • Extra options for lighting quality and FPS lock (30,45,60). Defaults to 30FPS for more stable FPS.

Download:

Add the game to your Steam library. If you haven't done that yet, go here: http://www.desura.com/games/project-zomboid/keys

Once the game is in your Steam library, right click it and select "Properties".

Navigate to the "Betas" tab and select "Beta - testing version available to all" from the dropdown.

Do NOT enter any key there.

Start the game to let it update.

Version number in game is still showing as 0009. This is all Rathlord's fault

Will this fix the horrible lag that has all of a sudden started? (Still love this game even If I cannot stand the lag).

Well that depends, I've not got any information about your machine. For a vast amount of people the horrible lag was removed from this version.

Will this fix the horrible lag that has all of a sudden started? (Still love this game even If I cannot stand the lag).

Well that depends, I've not got any information about your machine. For a vast amount of people the horrible lag was removed from this version.

And a definition of "horrible" is necessary -- for some it's anything under 60 FPS, others can stand to play the game at 15-20 FPS. Using a program like FRAPS to get your current framerate is a must.

As far as I know all Intel i3s are dual core. If you're seeing 4 cores in some monitoring program, two of them are hyperthreading virtual cores that allow for stuffing the actual core's execution pipeline more efficiently.

Right on the money!

To my knowledge i3s are Dual core with hyper threading; which display as 4 cores. (even on task manager)

The i5s are Quad with no hyper and the i7s are Quad with Hyper shown as 8 cores :o