[2.9.9.16] Transmorphering Bats Mod (Go Crazy with add-ons!)

kinyoshi

So?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favourite Transmorphering Bat??

• Makeshift Bat
    • Makeshift Nailed Bat
    • Short Knifed Bat
    • Dual Short Knifed Bat
    • Knifed Bat
    • Dual Knifed Bat
    • Hammered Bat
    • Dual Hammered Bat
    • Hammer Knifed Bat
    • Dual Hammer Knifed Bat
    • Crowbarred Bat
    • Crowbarred Knifed Bat
    • Crowbarred Dual Knifed Bat

This is a rewrite of all of my crafting bats mods that combines them into one mod and expands on them to make bats that you can add to and make them much more damaging but overall slower and weaker.

I included two different Craft Bat recipes, one takes longer and makes a real bat, the other one is made quicker and is a makeshift bat, which can also be crafted with a hammer and nail, but still weaker than the real bat variety.

You can use kitchen knives, hammers and crowbars to add onto bats for some real maiming.

Each weapon have been carefully scripted and tested to give an accurate feel for slinging them around. The damage level and stamina exertion has been fine tuned to seem realistic.

A big thank you to JJStorm for offering and making the sprites for the icons, and hopefully swing sprites when someone figures that part out of the lua code.

Crafting Recipes:

tsGKxub.pngtNUNV36.png

KcpZfMh.png

eEuWkoF.png21a6l0d.png

fLQO4L5.pnguZEn7xX.png

Gr7mb4a.pngagq5fSH.pngagq5fSH.pngfhZliSp.png

sHxunnx.pngJevriud.png

jflGF2C.pngZHhqS3v.png

rfK8DgL.pngaSSfTT0.png

EbrXJza.pngiYJt5cd.png

Coming Soon:

More transmorphering recipes.

swing sprites (oneday).

Edited by kinyoshi

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man I'm interested in sprite-ing for you. I'm quite experienced in photoshop and would love to do a few projects, for you or anyone really. So message me back or post here if your interested, I'm on holiday At the moment so can't be working on it now but as soon as I get back will be willing to work my hardest to get good quality sprites out for you.

See ya!

Hey man I'm interested in sprite-ing for you. I'm quite experienced in photoshop and would love to do a few projects, for you or anyone really. So message me back or post here if your interested, I'm on holiday At the moment so can't be working on it now but as soon as I get back will be willing to work my hardest to get good quality sprites out for you.

See ya!

Awesome, thank you for the offer :).

Once someone figures out how to make them show up in-game, that would be sweet. :P

Edited by kinyoshi

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this looks great!

And thanks to JJStorm! I really hope we'll be able to implement our own sprites into the game soon, yours pretty good. Also, it just does justice to all of these weapon mods. I hate* the fact that all of my "special" weapons from mods, all look like regular bats.

*Okay, hates a strong word, but still.. :P

Just to give you an idea of what sort of work you're setting yourselves up for if you're thinking of doing the ingame weapon sprites, or clothes or whatever else really by hand, here's the shovel sprites as an example, as they currently exist in the game.

shovel.png

Just to give you an idea of what sort of work you're setting yourselves up for if you're thinking of doing the ingame weapon sprites, or clothes or whatever else really by hand, here's the shovel sprites as an example, as they currently exist in the game.

shovel.png

Ummm.... wow i better get started then! :D

Well once the modding tools are out, you will be able to model the weapons as a 3d model and then let the tools transfer them to sprites.

One of the reasons the devs switched their methods was because they originally had to draw every sprite by hand, which would've been an enormous effort each time a new item needed to be added to the game.

EDIT: Ninja'd by harakka :ph34r:

Well once the modding tools are out, you will be able to model the weapons as a 3d model and then let the tools transfer them to sprites.

One of the reasons the devs switched their methods was because they originally had to draw every sprite by hand, which would've been an enormous effort each time a new item needed to be added to the game.

so we will soon see our characters swing our own sprites :D?

so we will soon see our characters swing our own sprites :D?

No ETA has been given.

• 1 month later...

Every time I see this i'm thinking of LITERALLY Bats, like you can make baldspot transform into a fruit bat and fly around killing zombies.

Can someone make this a thing?

Thats not something I could make yet :(, I'm still learning lua basics. Would be cool though. Or maybe zombie bats.

• 1 year later...