Best Safehouse?

Elety

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is still too close to the main of the town. You can make a sheet rope entrance but if you are surrounded best of luck...

I've been living in this house for now over 3 weeks of game time with 2 different characters. No sign of mega-hordes up to now. I even started a very basic Strewberry farm just northeast of this house.

I've been doing some experimenting and looking at the map trying to decide on good locations to try based on things like proximity to good looting areas, decent escape routes to places that would be beneficial to run to if it got overrun, proximity to resources like trees, etc. and I think I've decided that the middle building in the logging corp is my favorite spot right now. Not only does it have such potential for loot in and of itself, but it's also far enough out of town to give you a fighting chance with zombies, there's rarely many up there when you first go also, so it won't require much of a fight to take initially. It's got a fridge and a microwave, plenty of storage, close enough to the west part of town for looting if you're careful and quiet. TONS of windows to barricade to work on your carpentry skill, and a big flat two tiered roof, so once your skill is high, and if you were so inclined, you could build a fortress on the roof and space it across both levels. That's actually what I think my next venture is going to be. I also really like it's location on the map. If you were to get completely overrun there to the point of having to abandon it completely, you could run out either one of the back doors, or one of the windows, and through the area with sparce trees in the north eastern corner of the compound. If you kept running in that general direction you'd end up in the logging field, the one with the trailers out in the big clearing north west of town, and from there you're just a stone throw from the small farm with the well. It's a pretty great escape plan if you ask me. Beats the hell out of what I've been doing before I moved up  there.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.6583227165396794,0.30341895165341143,177.081301279985

Best by far. organic walls from all 4 directions, narrow passageway, trees even outside of the walls. Only with it I survive for longer than 1 month.

The problem with this safehouse is that if you leave the grid it's in while there are hordes nearby, the game will stream them inside the fence when you come back. Has accounted for my last two deaths.

Really, though, nowhere is safe with how the metagame currently works. The events will always bring multiple hordes to your doorstep sooner or later.

Really, though, nowhere is safe with how the metagame currently works. The events will always bring multiple hordes to your doorstep sooner or later.

The best way to survive is to outsmart the system by building a base.

djXfv5o.jpg

Although getting materials is hard and I died at least 4 times getting them it pays off. I survived over 8 months with this guy, only problem was sleeping.

The best way to survive is to outsmart the system by building a base.

djXfv5o.jpg

Although getting materials is hard and I died at least 4 times getting them it pays off. I survived over 8 months with this guy, only problem was sleeping.

How did you get all that barbed wire? I've literally never seen it spawn.

And how do you grow food? You'd still have to go down to tend crops or you'd eventually starve to death. Cool base, though.

And how do you grow food? You'd still have to go down to tend crops or you'd eventually starve to death. Cool base, though.

The barbed wire was a addon to be completely honest with you but everything else is legitimate. I don't want to lie on that because I would sound like a complete jackass so yes I used a mod to build the fencing. Keep in mind I did that before I jumped off the building and killed myself. The barbed wire was for a good look and that's all really.

I grew food in a small area in the woods after building a few walls around it of course. I didn't take a pic of it before I died though, it completely slipped my mind. It was very close to the house too so I could jog there and jog back and since I made noise by going through the woods it made the hordes disperse from my house.

(farm area - http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5812163022574812,0.35032372947171986,85.39800408949897)

(house/fort area - http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5691499990994789,0.34525214068455706,147.56775106665418)

Zedhead, You could make tents to solve your sleeping problem.

It may sound odd but here:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.6277204050988733,0.280938570589763,76.27793915920282

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.661301849731684,0.3103989608180146,131.80827886710244

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5920952179471773,0.26646238098197456,25.54532748976647

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5027239886358941,0.3601998336926091,76.27793915920283

Are some places I find to be extremely good safehouses. Far enough from the city to not bring attention to yourself but close enough to continue feeding off the city till your able to sustain yourself.

The barbed wire was a addon to be completely honest with you but everything else is legitimate. I don't want to lie on that because I would sound like a complete jackass so yes I used a mod to build the fencing. Keep in mind I did that before I jumped off the building and killed myself. The barbed wire was for a good look and that's all really.

I grew food in a small area in the woods after building a few walls around it of course. I didn't take a pic of it before I died though, it completely slipped my mind. It was very close to the house too so I could jog there and jog back and since I made noise by going through the woods it made the hordes disperse from my house.

(farm area - http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5812163022574812,0.35032372947171986,85.39800408949897)

(house/fort area - http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5691499990994789,0.34525214068455706,147.56775106665418)

Hmm... interesting. I've tried the "hide garden somewhere away from safehouse" approach before but my crops always become stunted or disappear if I'm gone for longer than a day.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.6583227165396794,0.30341895165341143,177.081301279985

Best by far. organic walls from all 4 directions, narrow passageway, trees even outside of the walls. Only with it I survive for longer than 1 month.

That's been my go-to pretty much since we got the new map. It has its benefits, but those fences end up getting me killed every single game I play from there. It goes pretty much the same way every time too. I'll come home from whatever, everything will seem clear, no zombies closer than the trailer park, or outside the little housing block nearby, I'll get myself situated and go to sleep, then wake up and find a horde inside the fence perimiter, and there's just nothing I can do. It's so tight in there, both inside the fences and inside the house, that once it fills up, even if you have stairs leading out over the fences, you're probably not getting out without taking at least a few bites. At least I haven't. Happens every time. So I've pretty much given up on it. I was working from the bar at the far southern end of the western strip for a while too, which was also pretty good. I like the logging co better than both of them I think though.

Plasticandrage I was thinking about what you said with the logging corp that sounds like a awesome idea yesterday I went there to get the hammer like you said and there was only 2 zombies and its not to far from the town you could always stay a night in town and fill your loot up

Exactly. In my most current game I have a tent on the roof of the big warehouse, and the windows/doors barricaded, and the house Leolvanov posted about barricaded with some supplies left in it on the other side of town. Gives you a lot of options for looting if you spread yourself out like that, and you have a relatively safe place to come back to and build a big fortress if you wanted. Just be vigilant up there. It really isn't as safe as it first seems. I thought it was and let my guard down up there and woke up to a huge horde when I turned the game on yesterday. There's enough space up there that I was able to take care of it without even really leaving the compound, but it almost killed me because I wasn't expecting it. They were right outside the building in front of the double doors on the south eastern side, and I had been barricading the windows down there the day before so there was only one window opened that I coudl see outside from. So I'd been like sprinting around the building and making all kinds of noise getting things done, and I just had no idea they were there. If I hadn't gone over to finish up that window before I left the building I would have walked right into them.

Are you sneaking enough? If you're out and about you should be sneaking almost the entire time. If not sneaking, then walking. There are very few times I ever run. I'll run if I'm way far away from town and I've already been to the area I'm in and know for a fact that nothing is there, which even still is taking a risk; and I'll run if I'm being followed by enough zombies to need to. If I'm being followed by a couple, or even a group that's mostly grouped together, I'll still walk and check behind me to see how close they are. If they're really close I'll tap run a couple times for distance and then stop. You should be trying to lose them by turning corners and things, and then sneaking away, as opposed to just sprinting away. Or if I'm ditching a group like that and I happen to run into another group I'll tap run then also. It really won't ever serve you to hold run unless you really absolutely, will die if you don't, need to. All it accomplishes is making noise, and tiring you out so if you get into a situation where you need it you won't be able to run away or defend yourself.

I've also been learning recently how helpful the lightfooted skill is. Sneak is an obvious one, and I've always spent skill points there, but lightfooded and nimble are both great too. Nimble will help you generally move faster, even while sneaking, which is really helpful, and lightfooted makes you generally quieter when you move. All three combined, if you're sneaking a lot while you're out, then you'll be almost undetectable in most situations. It'll keep you alive for a lot longer if you're not already doing it.

This is a really good source of information on how to survive if you're having trouble: https://www.dropbox.com/s/utzc1hb5py6ti9k/Epic%20Survival%20Guide%20Version%201_1.pdf

It'd be hard to say what's causing you to have problems without watching you play, but chances are that will address something that will be helpful.

hey it's a complex game too. I've been playing on and off since they were still adding to the old map and I still learn new things and make stupid mistakes every time I play. I learned something from that link I posted for you too actually. I had no idea there were berry bushes. Went out and found myself some this evening actually. Pretty awesome stuff.

the best spot ive found so far was the big building in the middle at the logging company, someone else posted a picture above.

never once had a zombie actually come over to the building and its huge and filled with crates that have good stuff. i found several axes, hammers and crowbars, lots of nails and planks and also 3 shotguns with about 50 shells. got bitten on day 12 by a sneaky zombie and died died about 3 days later. still my longest game though. only problem is there are a ton of windows to board up.

Beginner is for the first skill block, then intermediate is for the second. I haven't found any books past that. Are there more? That'd be great because getting that third block so I can build stairs always takes FOREVER. Hense my being happy about finding 100 interior windows in the logging corp

Beginner is for the first skill block, then intermediate is for the second. I haven't found any books past that. Are there more? That'd be great because getting that third block so I can build stairs always takes FOREVER. Hense my being happy about finding 100 interior windows in the logging corp

Just make sure you get 1 of each skill (beginner, int, advanced, expert, master)book and read them until you get the max multiplier, (think its 18 on 2.9.9.17)  You will get to level 3 in no time, by just sawing logs and building barricades with the multiplier.

Wait wait. Are you saying I can read the beginner book, then read the intermediate book before leveling to level 2 carpentry for a higher general experience multiplier? I've been using them as I level. In other words I'll read the beginner, then level to carpentry level 1, then read the intermediate, then level to carpentry level 2.

I also had no idea there were skill books beyond that. I've never found any.

Also, if these books exist, considering I've never seen them, is there a good general place to look for them? At least a place where you find them more often than not, like how you'll tend to find building supplies in warehouses, and non-perishable food in convenience stores?