Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

I don't understand the no spreading zombie guts on yourself policy!

[...]

Please consider this case...thank you!

It's an idea that has been discussed several times, and wholeheartedly rejected by the Devs, as well as a large core of the community.

A quick [and easy!] forum search would unearth many threads similar to this one (I believe this was one of the first few to suggest the idea, and had plenty of constructive criticism, unlike many of the later thread where people were sick of repeating themselves)

Besides being well outside the lore loosely followed by TIS, it is an entirely nonsensical concept in the first place - Why on earth would you want to risk infection through minor wounds by smothering yourself in muck?!? (assuming the 'plague' can spread through transmission of bodily fluids, of course)

Most of the zombie game's/books I've played/read the infection is transmitted via bites/scratches/blood and the infected normally hunt through smell and sound because their eyesight is poor so if we create a scenario

"You're on a scavenging run with me we decided to loot an old warehouse when I accidentally knocked a box over filled with cups and plates, they all smash alerting a nearby horde of zombies this horde of zombies starts banging at the door trying to get in we head up stairs and come across another zombie that has remained dormant for a while so we end it's existence now we have a choice we

1. Cut it open and try to make our escape using it's scent

or

2. wait and hope someone comes and rescues us (with a chance of them breaking down the warehouse door)"

Now personally even though I would probably end up throwing up in this scenario and panicking my bollocks off I would cover up any minor cuts  strip naked if I had to and tear my clothes up if I had to. Cover myself in the muck open the doors and attempt to walk pass without alerting them! If it was alright with my fellow scavenger

The reason I would do this is because I hate the thought of being stuck in a warehouse hoping someone would come by let alone risk their ass to save us (I see it as delaying the inevitable)

Well firstly, there are many other choices than just the two you've presented us with,

and secondly, this is not really the thread to be debating a disagreement over the developer's stated stance on a feature or suggestion.

As I previously linked, there's plenty of existing threads to discuss/refine your opinion on Zombie Guts Camo, and you're always welcome to start a new thread if you've got something new, or vastly different from what has previously been debated.

The search tool (magnifying glass, top right) is a great place to start searching for the reasons behind the dev's decision, and the existing community's discussions.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a limit to how large a forum can be?  I got an idea but its the equivalent to 20 pages in a spiral notebook. 

Good Allah, man, 20 pages written out? how bout just a quick rundown? or use a bunch of spoilers?

Though I don't think there is a limit on how long a post can be I recommend avoiding the TL;DR posts.

Hello,
    Just want to ask here that are you going to add any LAN game system? I think you should have a lan world system like in minecraft so it will be easy for us to play with our friends, and i bet this game will be much more popular....
maybe just think about it? 

I think this is at the wrong section?? 

Hello,
    Just want to ask here that are you going to add any LAN game system? I think you should have a lan world system like in minecraft so it will be easy for us to play with our friends, and i bet this game will be much more popular....

Hello,

It already exists. Start server -> use local ip address.

More of a question, but feel free to take it as a suggestion if you wish;

Will barricading doors/windows with wooden planks be all that exists in terms of reinforcing one's entry points? I ask because barricading a door essentially removes its use without removing its status as a safe house's weak point.

Would there ever be an option to 'reinforce' certain things instead of barring them off? I.E; placing a metal grate over a window, or bracing a door / improving the door frame & hinges for better load baring capacity?

Hello,

It already exists. Start server -> use local ip address

O...Thanks for telling me that. Can you tell me how to do it (i'm a noob by the way...).  i went to the internet, but they were saying that some plg-ins, which became really complicated... 

Hello,

It already exists. Start server -> use local ip address

O...Thanks for telling me that. Can you tell me how to do it (i'm a noob by the way...).  i went to the internet, but they were saying that some plg-ins, which became really complicated... 

Go to start and type Command Prompt in the search field. Right click Command Prompt and run it as an administartor. Type ipconfig to see your local ip.

Go to the installation directory of the game (usually %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid) and double-click ProjectZomboidServer.bat. The server should now be started.

Give people the ipv4 address found in ipconfig so that they can connect. This will only work for computes behind your router.

Wrong thread.

I know? But i find more usefully to post new suggestion here rather than commenting the list of yes/no/maybe things. You too posted some kind of suggestion before me, so stop point at me. ;)

i think the devs did say they don't mind repeated forums as long as they have something new or the forums are like years old. I think. don't know 100%

New suggestions can get their own thread, there's no benefit to posting them here. This isn't a thread for that.

If you have a suggestion that's been suggested before but isn't on the list, you can add to the original thread if you have something new to add. If you don't have anything new to add, there's no reason to post again; chances are the devs already read and have considered it in the first place.

Hope this clears things up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sewers sounds really exciting. You gotta have a refrence where a Tarman is in the sewer drain screaming for brains.

I hope someone gets that or i'm gonna look a right fool

(Not a serious suggestion btw)

I think it's from a movie, but I never found out the name of it... It was really old, but these govt dudes put some kind of agent in a church basement, and it broke open, reviving the graveyard, right? The zombies could talk, too, and eating flesh took away the pain of being undead... Is that what you were referencing?

Sewers sounds really exciting. You gotta have a refrence where a Tarman is in the sewer drain screaming for brains.

I hope someone gets that or i'm gonna look a right fool

(Not a serious suggestion btw)

I think it's from a movie, but I never found out the name of it... It was really old, but these govt dudes put some kind of agent in a church basement, and it broke open, reviving the graveyard, right? The zombies could talk, too, and eating flesh took away the pain of being undead... Is that what you were referencing?

Oh man, I must be really old.  Return of The Living Dead series.  Tarman is in quite a few of them but not all.  I think a zombie either saying, 'brains!' or a speech bubble with 'brains!' would be pretty funny! :)