Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Commonly Suggested Suggestions [Read Before Posting] [Unofficial]

• Please log in to reply
407 replies to this topic

#1 Rathlord

Rathlord

"The Expert"

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5847 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

Heya guys, I'm going to throw together a quick list of things that are commonly suggested and whether they've been mentioned by devs as tentative or no's. I'm going to be basing this off of a few threads in the old forum and the top of my head. If I miss any please mention it in the thread and I'll add it to the list.

Key

[n] - This is a confirmed 'No' from the development team. Please don't waste your time or ours reposting unless there's something relevant and new about it

[y] - This is confirmed 'Yes' from the development team. This is something the definitely want to see in the game, but this does not constitute a guarantee. Please don't post about it unless you have something new or relevant to add.

[m] - This is a 'maybe' from the dev team. It's something they've mentioned that they were interested in but we still don't know if it's a confirmed feature. Please don't post about it unless you have something new or relevant to add.

Everything else - everything not marked would be something overwhelmingly decided by the community or that's self-evident. If you feel it needs discussion bring it up here or in a thread if there's not already one out there.

The Big No's!

These are a list of things that are either vehemently opposed by the majority of the community, confirmed "no's" by the dev team, or impossible within the game as it is. I'm going to try to make this completely unbiased, but if you disagree with anything posted feel free to mention it. The most important ones are highlighted in red. If you take nothing else from this thread, please pay attention to these.

Aerosol Can + Lighter = Flamethrower

[n]    Beginning the game before the infection

[n]    Children or babies

[n]    An ending or any game over other than death

[n]    First Person or other viewpoint changes including camera rotation

[n]    Immunity/Cure

[n]    Military Aid

Mini Maps

[n]    Morality or Karma meter

Nudity

Nukes

[n]    Overpowered weapons/specific firearms

Overpowered Vehicles/Tanks

[n]    Personal Hygiene (going to the bathroom, etc.)

Playing as a zombie

[n]    Porting/Console Version

[n]    Random generated maps

[n]    Rape

[n]    Respawning/Quicksaving

[n]    Sex

[n]    "Special" Infected or any type of superhuman zombies

Specific named weapons (such as AK47, M14, etc.)

[n]    Unlimited/large amounts of ammo and weapons

[n]    Voiceover

[n]    Zombie Beasts or Infected Animals

[n]    Zombie Camo, or Using Zombie Guts as a Disguise

Tentative Yes's

These things are things that either the devs have expressed interest in adding. Please note that this list does not mean these will be in the game at release, nor does it mean the devs will ever add them. It's solely a list of features they're interested in adding. These things do not need further threads, so please refrain.

[y]    Ability to lock doors

[m]  Amputation

[y]   Animals

[y]   Hunting

[m]   Armor

[y]    Barricading with furniture

[Added]   Bodies of water 

[y]    Bows and Crossbows

[y]    Cauterizing wounds

[y]    Car Batteries

[y]    Chainsaw

[Added]    Cleaning up corpses/blood

[Added]    Crawling Zombies

[y]    Dogs

[y]    Electronics

[y]   Feral Animals

[y]    Generators

[y]    iPods

[y]    Malnutrition

[y]    Area Maps (no location marker)

[y]    More animations

[y]    More map content

[y]    More weapons

[y]    More jobs

[y]    More sprites

[SoonMore Baldspot and Kate

[y]    More/Different sneaking animations

[y]    Movable items (such as wheelie bins)

[SoonNPC's (of all types, good and bad)

[SoonNPC relationships

[SoonNPC companions

[SoonNPC infection

[SoonNPC management

[Added]    Online Multiplayer

[y]    Passing out

[y]    Profanity Filter

[Added]    Rain Barrels

[y]    Suicide

[y]    Sadist Movie Director (in progress) aka The Governor

[m]   Sleep quality

[y]    Sewers and basements

[Added]    Traps

[Added]    Unarmed combat

[y]    Vehicles

• datkid, Thebig44, captionclosed and 20 others like this
"You owe us an ending!"

'I owe you nothing. I am a dungeon master. I create a boundless world, and I bind it by rules. Too heavy for a bridge? It breaks. Get hit? Take damage. Spend an hour outside someone's front door, fighting over who gets to kill him? He leaves through the back.'

#2 Rathlord

Rathlord

"The Expert"

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5847 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

Want to see where this information comes from or where we've discussed it/had it confirmed/denied by the devs? Here's the references:

The Big No's, courtesy of TheRedStranger: http://theindiestone...=24&t=8986.html

Ultimate Dev Quotes, courtesy of Dakcenturi: http://theindiestone...=24&t=1865.html

"You owe us an ending!"

'I owe you nothing. I am a dungeon master. I create a boundless world, and I bind it by rules. Too heavy for a bridge? It breaks. Get hit? Take damage. Spend an hour outside someone's front door, fighting over who gets to kill him? He leaves through the back.'

#3 EnigmaGrey

EnigmaGrey

Ninja of the Second Degree

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5606 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

I suggest some sort of list of commonly suggested suggestions, something that'd make it easier to determine if something is commonly suggested. Perhaps it could even be in list form, but I don't know.

• Kevlar_29 likes this

-Moderator for Project Zomboid's Reddit, Steam, and TIS communities

#4 Kevlar_29

Kevlar_29

Took a Bullet to the Vest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

I like that idea! Good thing you came up with it first, Enigma!

• Rathlord likes this

I can't think of a signature.. I'm not very creative.
Go check out my controller thread if you need help with that.

#5 Rathlord

Rathlord

"The Expert"

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5847 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

He always was the more creative of my mirror universe twins.

• Kevlar_29 and doomblood66 like this
"You owe us an ending!"

#6 The_One_And_Only

The_One_And_Only

That's Not How It Works

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

Well Fuck this zombie infection, why couldn't zombie animals be a sandbox settings?
Hey mod developers!

That tense moment waiting for someone to reply on a forum...

#7 Rathlord

Rathlord

"The Expert"

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5847 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Well Fuck this zombie infection, why couldn't zombie animals be a sandbox settings?
Hey mod developers!

Ya hit the nail on the head there... doesn't fit with their design goals or how they feel the game should be, and would require a fair bit of time that could go into more needed features. Which is why it's fantastic that we have modders! You should look into learning to mod the game yourself since you have so many ideas, RoboMat is working on a tutorial for modding in the Mods section.

"You owe us an ending!"

#8 The_One_And_Only

The_One_And_Only

That's Not How It Works

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:14 AM

"Aerosol can + lighter flamethrower"
Why the fuck not? 
That weapon everyone could think of.
"
 Beginning the game before the infection

Playing as a zombie"

n] Real Recreational Drugs

[n] Sex
If you want a realistic game, smoking a joint would be a super-cigarette and relieve so much more stress, and Why no sex? There are at least going to be motherfucking rapists who will rape you, if you want the game all sad and shit.

#9 Kajin

Kajin

Fluffy Bunny of The Buttercup Meadow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1619 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

That's not the kind of atmosphere the game devs are going for?

I'm not in this for your gaming revolution. I'm just here for the sweet pixelated monies.

"I believe the smell is causing me to become deranged. I may have to run away in panic."

#10 Rathlord

Rathlord

"The Expert"

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5847 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

Why the fuck not? 
"

Playing as a zombie"

These developers Don't even give a F*ck what the community thinks anyway so why do we post suggestions.

[n] Sex
If you want a realistic game, smoking a joint would be a super-cigarette and relieve so much more stress, and Why no sex? There are at least going to be motherfucking rapists who will rape you, if you want the game all sad and shit.

You've been warned for this post. I've already told you to stop being rude about/to the developers. Last warning.

• GunJamann likes this
"You owe us an ending!"

#11 The_One_And_Only

The_One_And_Only

That's Not How It Works

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

You've been warned for this post. I've already told you to stop being rude about/to the developers. Last warning.

Okay.

#12 Terra_Incendia

Terra_Incendia

Genderlicious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

[n] Random generated maps

I thought this was a maybe, long time from now thing.

Gender, who cares, I'll do what I want and wear what I want.

#13 EnigmaGrey

EnigmaGrey

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5606 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

All your dreams can come true, baring limitations of the engine,  through mods.

Be the mod.

Spot the difference:

Good:

Why the fuck not? 
"

Playing as a zombie"

[n] Sex

Bad:

Why the fuck not? 
"

Playing as a zombie"

These developers Don't even give a F*ck what the community thinks anyway so why do we post suggestions.

[n] Sex

It's a rather important difference. :|

Sorry to hammer the point.

• Bolgfred likes this

#14 k12314

k12314

Hoo-man? Nom, nom!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

The only thing I wonder about is no sex. I was thinking more of a "You're in a very close relationship with another NPC, you're both attracted to each other, [insert scene where you two talk in a bedroom here], fade to black, wake up next morning happy and un-stressed.

I guess it doesn't fit the atmosphere?

• Some Clever Username likes this

Murder has always been a pastime of mine. Pastime, hobby, whatever term you use. Oh, and by the way, you're going to die. -BLAM-

#15 Kajin

Kajin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1619 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Are rain barrels supposed to be implemented at some point? I thought someone said something about that but I can't for the life of me remember where.

I'm not in this for your gaming revolution. I'm just here for the sweet pixelated monies.

"I believe the smell is causing me to become deranged. I may have to run away in panic."

#16 EnigmaGrey

EnigmaGrey

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5606 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

[n] Random generated maps

I thought this was a maybe, long time from now thing.

Aside from the brief use of the Random Forest of Lost Characters, it's a fervent "no." They want a hand-made map, perhaps with some small randomizations to the state of buildings and the like (similar to the distribution of items). Something that's able to be shared by the community as a whole.

#17 EnigmaGrey

EnigmaGrey

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5606 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

Are rain barrels supposed to be implemented at some point? I thought someone said something about that but I can't for the life of me remember where.

RJ is working on it. :)

#18 The_One_And_Only

The_One_And_Only

That's Not How It Works

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

All your dreams can come true, baring limitations of the engine,  through mods.

Be the mod.

Spot the difference:

Good:

Bad:

It's a rather important difference. :-|

Sorry to hammer the point.

Okay, time to spend a week reading and watching modding tutorials while listening to binural beats that boost learning.

#19 Kajin

Kajin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1619 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

RJ is working on it. :)

Yay! Main reason I'm playing in sandbox right now is so I can extend the time it takes for waterlines to be turned off. Without some way to catch rain or gather other sources of water I'm sorta stuck trying to leave the town and find one of the hard-to-get-to wells or risk a slow drawn out death of thirst.

#20 EnigmaGrey

EnigmaGrey

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5606 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

The only thing I wonder about is no sex. I was thinking more of a "You're in a very close relationship with another NPC, you're both attracted to each other, [insert scene where you two talk in a bedroom here], fade to black, wake up next morning happy and un-stressed.

I guess it doesn't fit the atmosphere?

It's sort of like child killing, in the sense that it's just awkward.

Just do a search on the old forum for "rape," and I think you'll get a rather fine understanding of why they don't want to touch this.

On the plus, drug use is fine!