PZ Auto-Map - A Basic Application?

D4rkh0bb1T

Hi there!

This is only suggestion, I don't think I could code it.

I played Ultima Online long time before PZ, and there was an app used to track the player coordinations in game and then placing it in a map just like our great pzmap.crash-override.net. (it was called UO Automap...)

What about an application giving us the exact position and pointing it on the map... sound simple, I know.

I only see that pzmap works with coords, cells... which are loaded too in the command window of the game.What if someone could code something to get those information and placing a indication of it, implemented into pzmap?

Does it sound realistic, or insane?

There is a mod that already includes it, Admin Tools. It is only available for admins on servers (it won't be useful for non-admin chars on mp, or sp) but the basic framework is already there. It might be worthwhile looking into its code to see if it can be easily manipulated.

I see.

I don't know what changes could be done inside codes, tho...

But it has been coded to work only on server-side as you said. It has been worked this way, on purpose, it's an admin tool, after all.

I guess something must be "rewritten" differently for it to fit on client-side, without all the admin commands, off course.

Where should we begin to look at first?

I believe every part of what we need for a Auto-Map is inside this "Admin Tools",

I wonder how it has been coded to be server-side only. As I said, I don't think I could code it, i'm not a prog guy.

I don't even know what to use to create or modify the application. Visual Basic? Anyway...

Edit : No Visual Basic hahaha... it's just Lua scripts, much more comprehensible :)

And even with such a great challenge, would it be kinda "raping" the author copyright of the original app.?

Archived