DistributionXposed v1.1

ShuiYin

DistributionXposed 1.1

for Project Zomboid Build 33

At first i was making this mod to understand the item distribution of the game. I am using this to see the real distributions and what items are labeled what by adding an item on all distribution locations with the name of item matching its distribution code.I find it funny that clothe racks in stores all over muldrough contains nails and batteries and so i made this mod to see exactly what container is that (turns out to be ["All"]["Other"]) i have traveled all over the place with this mod on and its a quite interesting journey Lol. Im sharing this tool with all my fellow gamers and modders enjoy :)

Gives the ability to see item distribution code of all container in game world. eg. When you open a zombie corpse you will see an item labeled "AllInventorymale", when you get a bag you will also see its item distribution code.

Uses for player:

1. Player will know exactly what container they are opening eg. is it labeled garage storage or maybe mechanic metal shelves.ere

2. They will know by trial and error where good loot drops from what container (even if they read the distribution files they still cannot know for sure where the item will spawn but with this mod you can be 100% sure)

Uses for Modder:

1. Gives an easy way to distribute your created items because i give separate my files by location. eg you want to add pizza component than just look at my restaurant.lua section
2. As above modder can see which containers are used a lot and which are not, what is the different of ["All"]["Sidetable"] and ["Bedroom"]["Sidetable"] and many other similar stuff. You can even distribute inside bags that you find in the game.
3. Modder can know how many instance of an item is distributed every time they add an item to a table. eg you may place only 1 item but you will get "All Icecream" (5) (the 5 shows how many rolls are done on every item in that specific container type)
4. Modder will be able to distribute items in Microwaves and Stoves and some other stuff normally undistributable.

Note: There is 1 item that i still cant find the distribution tag (Barbecues).

DisplayCasea_zpswhz19yoe.png

GunLockera_zpss8ansu83.png

BackMetalshelfa_zps5hlerx74.png

Download link:

http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/DistributionXposed/

Steam Workshop link

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604586928

This mod will not be possible without these people, Thanks :)
1.Robert Johnson: Developer, modloader and stuff
2.Robomat: Many times in my mod learning Robomat answers help me understand how to mod.
3.Hydromancer: The Hydrocraft mod is the one that i dissassemble to inspire me to do this (the distribution location is not from the Hydrocraft mod tho, its direct from the suburbdistribution thing)

Version History

17/01/2016

Initial version of the mod

19/01/2016

1. Added 0 roll distribution tags so now able to see distribution of Microwaves, Stoves etc.

2. Because of the above, distribution to these containers now is also possible.

Cause im lazy can you check what the distribution is for that storage area in the back of the wp gun store cause I have no idea lol

Aww  you lazy fluffy you :P. Well this is a chance to show the mod in action let the pictures speak and answer your question :P (Note to self: Next time when planning to go to the Gun Store always remember to bring a "Sledge Hammer")

Let the pictures tell you the answer Lol

look for the Project Zomboid Album inside my facebook :)

here is the link to my album

https://www.facebook.com/shuiyin.tio/photos_albums

Added some photos on the mod to give a better picture of how it works "Using fluffys trip to the Gun Store photos Lol :p". Learned to add pics on the forum thread i wonder how to hide it in a spoiler so as not to load the pic all the time

This seems very useful for custom maps.

Aaa HydromancerX one of my modding idol :) so happy to know that you also find this mod useful :P

btw i have managed to add furniture store items, microwave and stoves to display the distribution location by modifying their roll value to 1 making distribution to these containers possible. I will update this to the next version. There is however still a container that i cannot see its distribution and its really mind boggling :( (i still cannot see distribution location of barbecues and possibly campfire i havent tried making one)

i am sure i have added all possible distribution from the suburbdistribution file and have 2x rechecked it and still cannot find the barbecue and campfire thing :(

any hint on where these items distribution location might be hidden?

Thx

Updated the mod to v1.1 to also display distribution tags on 0 roll containers like microwaves, stoves, fridges that is sold in furniture shops etc.

Now distributing things in this containers also becomes possible. im still not able to see the barbecue distribution tag tho any help is appreciated. Thx

• 1 month later...

Since the last time i made this mod i have been learning about the game mechanics and have now gain the ability to see what room is it defined in game as i travel the map in game. Looking at the game code i suspect that many distribution locations are not yet in the suburb distribution file, i am trying to broaden my distribution towards more targeted locations eg the school library and many other stuff. so i am going to test this out and if indeed its as i suspected than this mod will get a heavy overhaul.

The overhaul will probably cause a huge load of distribution locations that is not yet defined in the suburbs distribution files. (i also need to test if i added such a thing will it cause the normally distributed items to dissapear because i have provided the game with a detailed room furniture definition. if it does indeed dissapear then i will also need to add standard stuff in it but lets see how it goes.

to achieve this will take a lot of work. simply i will walk all over the place in game noting some of the furnitures and room definitions, ill skip normal houses to save time. then testing it on the spot by adding a new distribution point.

Gunna need to upgrade my debug tool to include teleportation :P

edit: Added the teleportation to my debugging tool. However i hit a solid wall and unable to continue this path for now. i tried to modify the shelves in the school library. the room was named as "library" and the shelves i assume must be "shelves" since all that look like that is labeled shelves in the distribution. i tried adding a new room to the game suburbdistribution file (i copied another room complete with its rolls and stuff and changed room name to library and container name to shelves then i add a few of my unique skill book items with a sure spawn chance) to see if it works but i failed. if modifying this fails than i dunno what else to do sadly :p. if anyone can make this happen pls kindly give a reply. thanks :)

Note: while doing this experiment i discovered that a police storage containing metal shelves get distributed from both "policestorage""metal shelves" and "policestorage" "all". so i am thinking maybe if a room with all is for all item in the room but if its defined then its just for that particular item.

Edited by ShuiYin