DeathTech

Introduction

Hi everyone, My name is DeathTech.

I have been following Project Zomboid for a while and recently got all my friends to play it.

After playing for a while we found some rather obvious (at times) changes that could be made to improve the game. For us atleast they made sense.

I am making this thread to make a combo listing of mods I am working on who will all work together in the vanilla game and make it much more playable (I hope).

We have been playing with these mods I made and have been working on.

I will add the listing of the mods below and link them once I made the relevant threads linked with them.

Again I will remind you all these mods are made to work and append to the base game they do not add anything custom other than items and recipes and methods.

All of these mods will eventually work together to make a full addition to the game.

Mod Description:

PJMods is a Modular Modpack intented to extend Project Zomboid with more recipes and crafting equiptment. And extending uses for misc items making them non clutter.

On top of that one of the main focuses of the mod is waste management and extending the abilities to survive in the forests.

The mod extends the gameplay with the following components:

Deconstruct          - Allows deconstruction of broken items into scrap.

Craft                      - Allows construction of weapons and tools. (Requires Deconstruct & More Conversions)

More Conversions - Allows Coverting of certain materials that should have been by default.

More Repairs         - Allows repairing of overlooked unrepairable items

Cannery                - Simple food preservation.

Installation Instructions:

Download, install into C:\Users\%Username%\Zomboid\mods

ex: C:\Users\DeathTech\Zomboid\mods

Then enable them in-game in the main menu under mods.

Download Link for all the mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6w3vwphud52ttu8/AABCZ0RZ-Qucq4awtC1dhh5ta?dl=0

Cannery V 1.0 - Long Term Food Preservation

The cannery mod as it suggests allows canning of foodstuffs. This only includes farming foodstuffs.

May be extended to be more realistic and include all foodstuffs that rots later on.

Adds canned versions for all farmable foods.

Deconstruct V 1.0 - Destroy Recycle Reuse

Part of a full system addon adding the deconstruction of common materials into misc items for recycling. Mostly deals with the annoying horde of dumped broken tools we all hate to deal with.

Adds:

Deconstruction Menu / Recipes for all weapons I could find. (Not necessarily all weapons)

Deconstruction for Raw axe / Hammer

Craft V 1.0 - Make new stuff, make it good

Part of a full system addon adding the crafting of weapons & tools otherwise uncraftable

It relies on Deconstruct in order to produce the materials for crafting.

WARNING: THIS MOD REQUIRES DECONSTRUCT & MORE CONVERSIONS

More Conversions V1.0 - Grab & Convert

Part of a full system addon.

Adds some conversions we could do IRL but not in the game. Basicly handles some of the tedious lesser used items.

Adds:

Stone           -> Chipped Stone

Scrap Metal -> Sheet Metal

Twigs&Knife -> Rope (Keep Knife)

More Repairs V1.0 - Fix it till it ain't broke no more.

Adds repairs to items that don't have it and would otherwise create mass clutter.

Leveling carpentry is lengthy and resource consuming. This mod helped us prevent clutter of repeat broken raw tools etc by adding repairs to some items that have been ignored.

Adds:

Repair Raw Axe

Repair Raw Hammer

PantsPockets V1.0 - Pockets... On pants and skirts. Suggested by: Jeoshua

This mod adds Pockets to pants / skirts (Must be converted by using the recipe)

Now you can carry stuff in your pants / skirt.

WARNING: VOLATILE MOD

Due to the workings of character loading if your character is wearing these pants or skirts when logging out IT WILL BUG YOUR GAMESAVE but ONLY UNTILL you reload the game without the mod. At that point it takes your pants/skirt.

So please make sure you take the pant / skirt back off before attempting to save / close the game.

I only class this as a volatile mod because people who did not read the warning as kept their pants on would assume I broke their game. It is in fact not broken... Trust me, I had the heart attack myself.

To Be Developed:

More Clothing - ...

In Development (without a released version):

Realistic Guns

- Weapons mod that will add a list of realistic components and a big listing of real guns.

- Adds silencers to guns for that silent zombie kill we always wanted.

-Lite version:

Adds weapons and silencers. Weapons can be crafted and field stripped into their components.

Such as stock, barrel, receiver, handle, Magazine. And reassembled using those.

-Full version:

Adds weapons and silencers. Weapons can be field stripped into their actual specific components or fully deconstructed. ex. AK47 Stock, AK47 Barrel, ... Down to the screws, pins and bolts.

More Weapons

- Adds a big list of "makeshift" weapons. And recipes to craft them. (Mostly combo items)

ZClean -Corpse cleanup extravaganza

Initially will mass clean-up a big square arround the player with a hotkey.

May later be extended with corpse tagging by looting them and slowly decaying them out of existance.