The magical and wonderful; Horizontal Sheetrope!

Allen

The recipe for this would be as such;

# Of sheet rope from other window

A sharp throwing object (To be consumed)

This would be able to be thrown (harpooned) out a window, and secured onto the window a certain number of tiles away; be it 0-10 tiles, or something along those lines. This mod would put a whole new level onto survival, giving easier forms of escape and access to buildings in high density areas.

Allen

• 3 weeks later...

This would be pretty cool but I think there should be a fall risk associated with it because without it you are basically DIY spiderman.

LOL!! yes, agree.

In fact, until now, the way the pg climbs up sheet ropes is faster than his =) two floors in a single second!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... Well, here's my two cents on this idea:

This would pretty much just function as a ranged bridge creator. To prevent the player from falling it would have to create a tile there, and the only thing separating it from a floor would be that it looks a bit different.

Here's what I mean:

X = Tile

W = Point

Wood tile bridge:

WXXXW

Sheetrope bridge:

WXXXW

This would also be fairly work heavy - four sprites for a horizontal sheetrope pointing in four directions, automatically determining which direction the two points are from eachother, determining the gap to be filled, checking if there's anything in the way, etc.

A fall risk would just add more randomly caused deaths, meaning hours of gameplay on a save could be lost depending on whatever the random number generator spews out.

I like the idea, but it would be pretty hard to find a sweet spot between overpowered and overly dangerous.

Hmm... Well, here's my two cents on this idea:

This would pretty much just function as a ranged bridge creator. To prevent the player from falling it would have to create a tile there, and the only thing separating it from a floor would be that it looks a bit different.

Here's what I mean:

X = Tile

W = Point

Wood tile bridge:

WXXXW

Sheetrope bridge:

WXXXW

This would also be fairly work heavy - four sprites for a horizontal sheetrope pointing in four directions, automatically determining which direction the two points are from eachother, determining the gap to be filled, checking if there's anything in the way, etc.

A fall risk would just add more randomly caused deaths, meaning hours of gameplay on a save could be lost depending on whatever the random number generator spews out.

I like the idea, but it would be pretty hard to find a sweet spot between overpowered and overly dangerous.

yup, nice, but... there is already a way to craft some kind of "bridge"... try it yourself =)