How do I name and edit my server?

PrincePAUL87

I've downloaded the files for a steam server and seem to able to run it fine, but I never got a chance to name the server. I've tried to find information on this, yet my search results come up with absolutely nothing! There is no ServerOptions.ini file anywhere on my computer... Neither is there a ServerSettings.ini file.

I connected to my server fine, so I know it was running at one point, yet can't find any files or folders for it.

Thanks! I found the file pretty soon after posting this... it was named 'ServerTest' instead of the other names I had seen around...

Anyone got solid information on which ports need to be forwards (both UDP and TCP)? I've forwarded 16261 UDP and 16262-16272 TCP. Had a friend join me (from the other side of the world mind you) and when he joined I was pretty much trapped in a single cell that wouldn't load with immense lag!

Is there a way to fix that? Have I forwarded the correct ports? I'm playing with Steam btw... If it is suggested to play -nosteam then I'll do that instead.

When connecting to your own server (assuming you're hosting it), use the address 127.0.0.1, otherwise weird things can happen.

If this is a Steam server, you'll need to fill in both Local IP and IP.

I have done this, and even when playing alone it still stutters and won't load the map etc. I don't understand how I am lagging on my own server?

When connecting to your own server (assuming you're hosting it), use the address 127.0.0.1, otherwise weird things can happen.

If this is a Steam server, you'll need to fill in both Local IP and IP.

I'm not sure where I do this. There is only one line for IP in the server list, I don't see anything for Local IP. I've even checked in the ServerTest.ini for something relating to this and I haven't been able to find anything.

Ok I worked out the last question I asked. I didn't notice the Local IP bar in the Saved Server list, rather than the Public list...

So, how do I go about changing the settings for the server? Any other posts that list the preferred values etc? Where can I get item ID's so I can add them to a starting pack? I'd like to start with some food and water, and some weapons and a bag. Also, I'd like to keep the zombies kinda low, easy, and not likely to over-populate the map too quickly.

Also, how do I log into my server as an admin? It never asked me to make an admin account for my server... And also, I read I should be connecting with an Alt. account as admin, and use my normal account to play as a normal player. How do I do that? Still recommended? It was a topic from January...

Again, I tried searching but I couldn't find any clear topics with this information. Sorry for all these silly questions... Just seems that each problem most people are having is kinda unique to their situation and circumstance.