Build 33 Report

RuckiR

After good 3 hours i wanted to report you some things:

( Well first i have to say that the new sounds are of amazing quality, well done ! ) 

1.) There are to many TV´s on and the Zombies will build very fast big hordes at houses where the TV´s are put on.

Im not sure if this is WAD but:

- Im very sure that we have a Soundbug here because when a Heli flies directly over theire heads or we have that Meta Shooting event ( amazing sound now ) i could see how they tried to leave the house for 3 seconds but went then instantly back to the TV.

So I think this leads to Meta events which are not working now, because of Zeds sticking to loud televisions all the time.

2.) I love the new furniture move system. But i have also to say that it makes the game very easy. For moving chairs nothing is needed and they can not break, so we now just have to find a house with enough chairs and shelves, move them all to block the windows and door/doors + a sheet rope on 2nd floor and we have an 100% safe location IF my 3rd point will not be true.

3.) Do Zombies now climbe up sheet ropes ??

I had a safehouse at Cortman Medical. The stairs where blocked with a big cupboard and i had two sheet ropes there. I survived for 2 Months and was shouting at zombies all the Time, made the TV on and so on, because the zombies never stayed for long, they went fast back to the second next house, because there was a loud TV on with 2 or 3 smaller hordes together already. I thought im totally Safe at Cortmans, never mind what I will do.

I got bored and wanted to quit this test game, but found then a shotgun with 60 shells in a ( I think ) survivor house ( plenty of canned food there ). So i went back to Cortman for a last fight with the zombie horde 2 blocks away. I had already build a Shooting stand around 2nd floor ( which was possible because the whole wall burned away, no need for an Sledgehammer, just burn you walls on second floor hehe ) .

Went to the TV house and tried to pull the big zombie horde to Cortmans so that i can safely shoot them from my shooting stand.

Everything was like expected. I already was reloading my Shotgun the 3rd time when suddenly millions of Zombies where on my Shooting stand ( I really was just like WTF OMG )

In my fear i fell down the ladder and broke my already second knee, surrounded from zombies eating my flesh hehe.

Im not Sure but i think i saw 2 or 3 zombies going up and down my Sheet Rope after i died, but that could also be a graphical glitch.

If not I dont have a clue how they got there. The stairs were absolutely safe blocked, I  tested that with smaller amounts of Zombies. So....... BUG or WAD?

4.) I had a TV put on at Cortmans 2nd floor and another TV on ground floor at the next house north of it ( easy visual contact ).

Both were equally on max volume. Zombies tried from time to time to come to Cortmans but after a few seconds they ran to the next house, where the tv was on ground floor. So i think everything on ground floor will be louder than things on second floor.

5.) I have to say i dont fully understand for what are TVs and Radios ? Just a gimmick ? Shouldnt they decrease boredom at least ?

Well with them it is now very easy to distract many zombies to another house. So you can loot where you want.

6.) This is not a important point, but I think it should be possible to move Fridges and Ovens without eletrical skills.

It just should be so that you can not use them afterwards to heat or freeze. Its the same with toilets, i could move them ingame but couldnt take water after installed the toiled near the Television.

In fact in real life only electrical kitchen ovens would need some electrical skills to install, because they need high voltage 370 volt which is not easy "plug in" and you would also have to make the extension cable "manual", so thats in fact not a easy task, though everyone could learn it fast. Well but getting a electric shock in a zombie apokalypse scenario is also not the best idea, especially with that high voltage.

But a fridge? In Europe our fridges have 230V easy plug in connectors. I know that in Murica everything is bigger and with things like mega freezers with options how that icecubes will be and so on. Do you have High Voltage connectors on your fridges in the states or what is the matter that electrical skills are need to move a fridge ? :=)

No (hopefully), also, Using furniture to block anything is pointless, any moved furniture object has like... 0 HP, zombies destroy them by walking next to them.

Are you sure ? I tested it in 2 different buildings and it seemed that they just ignore furnitures. I have to test it further to get sure. Sadly i couldnt see how they got in, when i was outside on second floor.

No (hopefully), also, Using furniture to block anything is pointless, any moved furniture object has like... 0 HP, zombies destroy them by walking next to them.

Are you sure ? I tested it in 2 different buildings and it seemed that they just ignore furnitures. I have to test it further to get sure. Sadly i couldnt see how they got in, when i was outside on second floor.

Test it again but also test the sheet rope zombie thingy.

Lets see if they can really climb that rope.

Funiture has some HP, not like an wall but a bit. I placed an fridge Outside and shot with an pistol And Standed next to the fridge. (I had ghost mode from an mod) after about 2h ingame zombies banging the fridge it broke. But plastic chairs have almost no HP.

I just set up sheet ropes on all windows in Cortman's, sledged the stairs and spawned 1000 zombies on ground level before firing a shotgun from the second floor. 

They cannot climb sheetropes.

Yes you are right, i went back to Cortmans and could see that they just destroyed the Cupboard.

But i could also see that Zombies can for sure went Sheet Ropes down !

If they are on second level and you make noises on the ground thy will use ropes to get down.

Next thing i have to check is that i had two floors build above the stairs at cortmans ( so that i could reach the window above the stairs ) 

Im wondering how they got through the floors, can they also destroy floors ?

It is very hard to test now, because they are milions of zombies now at cortmans, after my shootout :D

Archived